Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112975 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2775 on: October 12, 2013, 03:56:32 am »
I'm not even sure how to interpret that one. Honestly, I'm tempted to call IRL troll, but I know better than to hope for that.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2776 on: October 12, 2013, 09:31:01 am »
It's an old billboard, pretty sure it was put up during 06 midterm election. I do remember the logic behind it.

The guy who put it up argued that the 9/11 attacks were Bill Clinton's fault, and that's why people shouldn't vote for Democrats. In 1998 al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies, one in Tanzania and Kenya. President Clinton ordered that bin-Laden be either captured and tried, or killed. Later that year the US did a cruise missile attack against al-Qaeda, but as we all know bin-Laden wasn't killed in the attack, nor was he captured. Since he got away, and later planed the 9/11 attacks, it's Clinton's fault 9/11 happened since he didn't do enough to stop bin-Laden.

Of course this ignores the Bush administration overlooking a document with a title like al-Qaeda determined to strike in the US, or something similar.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2777 on: October 12, 2013, 09:36:29 am »
That argument also fails since bin Ladin Was killed while a Democrat was in office and said Democrat ordered the kill.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2778 on: October 12, 2013, 10:07:11 am »
I swear to gawd, if I'd known as a teen just how stupid this country was going to get, I'd have gone to live with my dad in Costa Rica.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2779 on: October 13, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2780 on: October 13, 2013, 04:54:06 pm »

Why is this in Dumbest Protest Signs? That's awesome.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2781 on: October 13, 2013, 05:19:35 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2782 on: October 13, 2013, 07:05:37 pm »
Well, the T-shit (misspelling intended) is the dumb protest sign, not the comment posted about it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2783 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2784 on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2785 on: October 14, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »
I saw that poster and damn I'm aborting babies out of spite

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2786 on: October 14, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »
Twenty bucks says that person is one of the dumb ass newcomers who just discovered memes in the last year or so and calls them me-mes. If you've ever met someone like that you'll know what I'm talking about when I say I have to resist the urge to slap them.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2787 on: October 15, 2013, 11:06:48 pm »

Apparently this was published in the newspaper Hamodia, a popular paper among some Orthodox Jews.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2788 on: October 15, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »
Thats the paper that doesn't show pics of women must have been awkward when Israel had a female PM

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2789 on: October 15, 2013, 11:37:30 pm »
Thats the paper that doesn't show pics of women must have been awkward when Israel had a female PM

Most ultra-Orthodox papers don't show women because they think it is immodest and will tempt men to sin. Even if she's a young girl in a photograph of Jews being threatened by Nazis. (Yes, there was an incident a while back Instead, they either photoshop the women out of the picture or blur their faces and bodies so that no distinguishable features can be seen.