Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112934 times)

Offline Indikins

• Pope
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2925 on: January 08, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »
Someone who was obnoxious about whitewashing (is that the correct term?) religion, I suppose would be the best summary.  To be honest, I don't remember him too well anymore.
Okay, that answers my question.

Anyway...

Why do these morons think Soros, of all people, is some kind of puppetmaster?

Obama is an economy?
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2926 on: January 08, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »
Someone who was obnoxious about whitewashing (is that the correct term?) religion, I suppose would be the best summary.  To be honest, I don't remember him too well anymore.
Okay, that answers my question.

Anyway...

Why do these morons think Soros, of all people, is some kind of puppetmaster?

Obama is an economy?
I think they mean "economy wrecker"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2927 on: January 08, 2014, 08:31:41 pm »
What amuses me is Dynamic Dragon also asked who Dynamic Dragon was when people questioned him. lmfao

Regardless, the whole 'atheism kills' thing is so very, very old. Stalin didn't kill people because he was an atheist. He killed them because he was a mass murdering fucktard just like his buddy Hitler.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2928 on: January 08, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »
Regardless, the whole 'atheism kills' thing is so very, very old. Stalin didn't kill people because he was an atheist. He killed them because he was a mass murdering fucktard just like his buddy Hitler.
Speaking of Hitler, I find it amusing that there's this whole controversy about whether he was a Christian or an Atheist.  1. What does it matter?  Hitler was a vegetarian, but that doesn't mean vegetarianism is automatically evil.  2. The truth is, he was neither.  He worshipped himself and had a raging god complex.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2929 on: January 08, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »
*quirks an eyebrow*

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was a fairly devout Christian who believed he was doing God's work.  He even had the Pope's blessings.

(Boy that has to be embarrassing for the Catholic Church... though that assumes the leaders are capable of shame)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2930 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:31 pm »
*quirks an eyebrow*

Actually, I'm pretty sure he was a fairly devout Christian who believed he was doing God's work.  He even had the Pope's blessings.

(Boy that has to be embarrassing for the Catholic Church... though that assumes the leaders are capable of shame)
In public, he was.  It was a different matter in private, however.  Hitler had plans to destroy all religions and replace them with a new one centered around worshipping him.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2931 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:01 pm »
Would you mind telling me where you learned this?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2932 on: January 08, 2014, 09:20:02 pm »
Would you mind telling me where you learned this?
On The Straight Dope.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2933 on: January 08, 2014, 09:34:10 pm »
Okay, I just read the article you're talking about, and it in no way states that this is the actual truth.

Rather, it seems to be a collection of a whole lot of people saying a whole lot of contradictory things about Hitler.

That being said, The Straight Dope feels more like The Onion than anything.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2934 on: January 08, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »
Okay, I just read the article you're talking about, and it in no way states that this is the actual truth.

Rather, it seems to be a collection of a whole lot of people saying a whole lot of contradictory things about Hitler.

That being said, The Straight Dope feels more like The Onion than anything.
Maybe I'm misremembering.  I'll get back to you on this.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #2935 on: January 08, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »
Well, according to this Cracked article he wanted to kill the Pope, so make of that what you will. It also has a link to a Wikipedia page about him wanting to set up a cult around himself.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2936 on: January 08, 2014, 10:16:51 pm »
I thought that was Himmler that was all culty-weird like that.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2937 on: January 09, 2014, 12:08:26 am »
Don't forget the "German Christians."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Christians

The Nazi party was allied with a religious group that took the Nazi ideology and anti-semitism to heart. They even removed much of the old testament for being "too jewish" and preached hatred against jews for killing Jesus.

So even if Hitler and other Nazis concidered themselves christians, they might have had a bit different view of christianity than most today's churches have.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2938 on: January 09, 2014, 02:07:46 am »
in the end its actually irrelevant to the theist debate since fashism ultimately views god the same way Comstock uses it a way to further the policies of the leader
To clear the air
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:39:40 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2939 on: January 09, 2014, 04:08:07 am »
Gotta say, even if you attribute the innocents they slaughtered to atheism and not more accurately to their powermongering, Christianity still wins the body count by a landslide.

...And if you factor in all the Abrahamic religions, there's no contest.
...That's going a little too far in the opposite direction.  Religion has also done a lot of good in the world.

I don't remember saying all religion is evil, but quite a lot of bloodshed has been committed in the name of Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.  That doesn't mean I don't think they are capable of good, but when they try to demonize atheism, paganism, and satanism well..

I'd just like to say, there's some pretty horrible "morals" in the Bible.  Parts of it do kind of teach some pretty nasty stuff.

I agree, but there's still a difference between saying "Christianity is evil" and "Christians are evil".  And "Religion is evil", for that matter.

Kinda like the difference between saying "Veal is evil", "Veal eaters are evil," and "Meat is evil"

Fair enough.