Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112043 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3345 on: April 13, 2014, 11:24:44 pm »
Maybe I'm horrible but I actually found that hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious. ;D
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3346 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:54 am »
...I don't get it.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3347 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:41 am »
...I don't get it.

This rancher (Bundy) and his rancher business associates have been grazing their herds on public lands, federal govt lands, for 20 years without paying their (incredibly cheap) grazing fees to the land management bureau. The bureau uses the grazing fees (which all the other area cattle ranchers pay and don't complain about it) to maintain the plant cover by reseeding if needed, and clean up any hoof damage that causes erosion during the occasional heavy rains, which would otherwise cause problems with dirt roadways and gullies flooding out and making a mess. Bundy and his associates are cheap, shitty, irresponsible people who feel they are especially entitled to graze for free because their rancher ancestors didn't have to pay back in the 1800's. It's a bunch of shit. So, anyway, the federal government had had enough, and rounded up all of Bundy and Co.'s cattle and impounded them on the public lands, demanding back grazing fees, which now add up to about a million dollars, including late fees. That sounds like a lot until you realize that 80 percent or more of the cost of producing beef is fodder, and these fucks are mooching it for free. They can afford the fees. They are a bunch of whining parasites, not proper ranchers, and they are all TEA party-ish and militia-ish and Rawr! R Gunz! and Randian and are getting publicity they do not deserve. The federal land bureau agents backed off of a confrontation where the "ranchers" demanded their cattle back, and since everyone was armed, the federal LEO's figured it wasn't worth inevitable bloodshed, and stood down.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:28:19 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3348 on: April 14, 2014, 10:27:20 am »

I couldn't explain everything wrong with this mindset of "prices will skyrocket if we pay people a living wage!!!!!1!" mentality if I had a week and and a degree in economics.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3349 on: April 14, 2014, 10:30:45 am »
/k/ on 4Chan is having a libertarian-hardon over the Bundy farm thingy.

They see it as some sort of triggering event to start a rebellion against USA or something and there are anons constantly complaining about how the "fed" stole the land from those farmers and how the police are now going to start slaughtering people any moment.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3350 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:01 am »

I couldn't explain everything wrong with this mindset of "prices will skyrocket if we pay people a living wage!!!!!1!" mentality if I had a week and and a degree in economics.
Raising the middle wage will make us all rich via trickle up economics.
A good cartoon.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3351 on: April 14, 2014, 11:15:25 am »

Raising the middle wage will make us all rich via trickle up economics.
A good cartoon.
Liz, you're my favorite troll. (Don't tell Ironbite I said that.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3352 on: April 14, 2014, 11:44:04 am »

Anyone who is against paying someone a decent wage simply because they want their shitty Macdonald's food to stay cheap is a definitely some sort of cunt.  A special sort.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3353 on: April 14, 2014, 12:08:36 pm »

You know, these people would probably order food from McDonald's.  Any profit losses incurred from having to pay their employees more would be more than made up for by the fact that they have new customers.

You know, that's something that bugs me.  A rising tide lifts all boats.  Henry Ford understood that.  Why can't modern industry captains wrap their heads around that concept?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3354 on: April 14, 2014, 12:44:52 pm »
Because they are too self centered, to the point of it being a form of sociopathy. We live in an age where corporate executives hop from firm to firm, with negotiated salary and perk contracts that boggle the mind, then get a golden parachute bonus severance when they hop off to the next victim firm. And the stupid fucking boards think it's all great that these guys "save" the company gazillions of dollars on labor costs and other negative bullshit, just to demand and rake in most of those savings for their own pockets before flitting off to the next gig. The employees and even the shareholders are cheated with glee.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3355 on: April 14, 2014, 12:47:29 pm »
Because they are too self centered, to the point of it being a form of sociopathy. We live in an age where corporate executives hop from firm to firm, with negotiated salary and perk contracts that boggle the mind, then get a golden parachute bonus severance when they hop off to the next victim firm. And the stupid fucking boards think it's all great that these guys "save" the company gazillions of dollars on labor costs and other negative bullshit, just to demand and rake in most of those savings for their own pockets before flitting off to the next gig. The employees and even the shareholders are cheated with glee.
Yeah, even Gordon Gekko would frown on these people.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3356 on: April 14, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »

Anyone who is against paying someone a decent wage simply because they want their shitty Macdonald's food to stay cheap is a definitely some sort of cunt.  A special sort.

Don't call them cunts. They lack the depth and warmth.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3357 on: April 14, 2014, 02:13:53 pm »

...You are a gentleman and a poet. A true wordsmith.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #3358 on: April 14, 2014, 02:44:30 pm »

*slow clap*
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3359 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »

There are three moving parts in a sale. You've got wages + profits = price. Right? That's how it goes.

Now, since 1970, Wages have gone down precipitously, particularly at the bottom level. This has literally impoverished millions of people; that young woman will likely receive more than one type of welfare because her employer refuses to pay her properly. As a result, profits have gone up spectacularly, massively increasing both inequality and overall system risk. A system based largely on profits is far riskier than a system based largely on work. One good thing has been that rich people have been able to steal all your money, which they deserve, so Ayn Rand is quite happy - and who cares if a few scum starve to death? Of course, the fiction industry has suffered, but Rand's already popular so no skin off her back.

Anyway. If you increase wages, one of two things happens. Either 1) prices increase. Or 2) profits decrease. Those are the only two things that can happen; it will not increase unemployment. There is some debate here, but it's possible that in a recession it may actually improve employment.

So, when you point this out to conservatives, they seem to be very sure they know will happen. No company ever took a hit to their profit line, they say. Firstly, that's simply not true; the wage/profit ratio changes every year. It isn't set in concrete. So that's just wrong. Another point: if a raise in wages doesn't threaten profits, why is McDonalds running a huge campaign against it?

This is why virtually all serious economists agree with an increase in the minimum wage.

In fact, this dishonesty has been a problem since time immemorial. For instance:

"Our merchants and master-manufacturers complain much of the bad effects of high wages in raising the price, and thereby lessening the sale of their goods both at home and abroad. They say nothing concerning the bad effects of high profits. They are silent with regard to the pernicious effects of their own gains. They complain only of those of other people."

Who said that, do you reckon?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR