Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111263 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4515 on: November 11, 2015, 10:04:42 am »
Yeah that one was particularly stupid.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

pyro

« Reply #4516 on: November 11, 2015, 11:14:39 am »

This is why the horseshoe theory is dangerous as anything other than a fun observation, it can result in people believing this crap.

Decidedly mediocre, not dumbest. The only real howler is putting anarchism as the slave-making left-wing, when slavery is the polar opposite of anarchy.

Just use a system with more than one dimension; the political compass, for example.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4517 on: November 12, 2015, 06:40:29 am »
how is anarchism linked to slavery? it's like the polar opposite!
Under anarchy, you can do whatever the fuck you want, including enslaving anyone weaker than you. Come to think of it, anarchy would almost certainly turn into a totalitarian hellhole within a matter of weeks, if not sooner.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4518 on: November 12, 2015, 07:51:19 am »
Under anarchy, you can do whatever the fuck you want, including enslaving anyone weaker than you. Come to think of it, anarchy would almost certainly turn into a totalitarian hellhole within a matter of weeks, if not sooner.

pulled to its logical extreme? a la mad max? i see your point. still, this leaves you the opportunity to rebel. why do i hear states' rights activists furiously masturbating?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4519 on: November 12, 2015, 09:39:10 am »

pulled to its logical extreme? a la mad max? i see your point. still, this leaves you the opportunity to rebel. why do i hear states' rights activists furiously masturbating?

I wouldn't even say its an extreme example, just a likely outcome.  Humans crave order.  Eventually, one voice is going to win out over the others and take over, even if just locally.  At that point, the local government stops being an anarchic one and shifts into despotic totalitarianism.  Its kinda like what happened to Somalia: the central, country-wide government ceased to be and its basically now run by a bunch of warlords.  Pure anarchy doesn't work...human nature and all that.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4520 on: November 25, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4521 on: December 06, 2015, 12:59:57 pm »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4522 on: December 07, 2015, 02:20:20 am »
Okay I won't worry.  The guy on the left looks more high then threatening (probably just picture quality) and the woman on the right looks completely normal.  The only way she could be scary is if headscarves automatically give you panic attacks.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4523 on: December 07, 2015, 02:25:45 am »
Unfortunately, those specific two ARE threatening. They're the San Bernardino shooters.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #4524 on: December 07, 2015, 06:39:53 am »
Okay I won't worry.  The guy on the left looks more high then threatening (probably just picture quality) and the woman on the right looks completely normal.  The only way she could be scary is if headscarves automatically give you panic attacks.

The guns they're carrying are pretty scary.

Or are violent gun-toting lunatics only a worry if they're carrying a 19th century battleflag at the time?

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

pyro

« Reply #4525 on: December 07, 2015, 10:48:30 am »

What guns? The picture just shows their heads.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #4526 on: December 07, 2015, 10:51:02 am »

Stop tarding.

Unfortunately, those specific two ARE threatening. They're the San Bernardino shooters.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

pyro

« Reply #4527 on: December 07, 2015, 10:57:08 am »

Stop tarding.

Well, yes, we know that now, but you're acting like Skybison should have automatically known just by looking at the picture.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #4528 on: December 07, 2015, 10:58:55 am »

Stop tarding.

Well, yes, we know that now, but you're acting like Skybison should have automatically known just by looking at the picture.

There's this little thing called reading the news.

Although if one is a progressive, one probably gets one's news from MSNBC or the Young Turks who'll go out of their way to avoid reporting things like this because facts don't fit the narrative.

pyro

« Reply #4529 on: December 07, 2015, 11:09:54 am »
There's this little thing called reading the news.
Gave up years ago. Screaming at the TV gets old after awhile. At least here I get a little interactivity.

Although if one is a progressive, one probably gets one's news from MSNBC or the Young Turks who'll go out of their way to avoid reporting things like this because facts don't fit the narrative.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MSNBC+San+Bernardino
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=young+turks+San+Bernardino