Author Topic: Congresman: We've got the votes to impeach Obama  (Read 1387 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Congresman: We've got the votes to impeach Obama
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
Over the unpaid parking ticket he got when he was 16.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/gop-impeach-obama_n_3744049.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) answered questions from a fervent anti-Obama constituent at a town hall this weekend, telling a woman that he would take a closer look at her birther conspiracy document before claiming there were enough House Republican votes to impeach the president, albeit for an unstated reason.

In a video uploaded to YouTube and reported on by BuzzFeed, Farenthold responded to a woman at a Saturday gathering in Luling, Texas. The woman began by asking the congressman if he'd sign on to a bill, recently discussed by a number of his Republican colleagues, based on the disproved conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii. The White House has released a long-form birth certificate for Obama, showing he was indeed born in the state.

Farenthold told his constituent he'd examine the document -- which she said proved Obama had "committed a felony" -- though he noted he thought it was too late to topple Obama based on the eligibility issue. The congressman then connected the woman's opposition to a question of how Congress might approach impeaching the president.

“You tie into a question I get a lot: 'If everybody’s so unhappy with what the president’s done, why don’t you impeach him?’” Farenthold said. “I’ll give you a real frank answer about that: If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate, and he wouldn’t be convicted.”

So what exactly are you impeaching him over then?  What high crime has he committed and you have evidence of?  He's done nothing but be a middling of the road type of President who you've done nothing to help get this nation back on the road to recovery because hey, he's black and shouldn't even be in the White House at all except as a servant?

Ironbite-Put up or shut the fuck up boys.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Re: Congresman: We've got the votes to impeach Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »
Why do these nutters always seem to be from Texas? That is not a state that needs to have its stereotypes constantly reinforced.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »
By that logic W Bush should've been impeached because the majority of American's didn't like him either.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 07:34:51 pm »
Wouldn't that mean we could impeach most presidents before their term was up? They don't seem to have very high approval ratings by the time they get the boot.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:36:23 pm »
Clinton was pretty much an exception, I think.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:46:25 pm »
I really want to see them try to impeach Obama, and watch them make even bigger fools of themselves.