Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 751025 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2250 on: August 10, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »
What really bothers me is that apparently people in Japan are more likely to have sheep or rabbit for breakfast than cereal.

Or no breakfast at all, perhaps?

(click to show/hide)
He was a bit nervous from a long night of throwing toddlers into the sea.
FTFY.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2251 on: August 10, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »
Mutton and rabbit are tasty.  I'd have them for breakfast if that was what was served.

EDIT:  That reminds me.  My uncle tried some dog in Vietnam back in the war.   He said it was actually not bad.  Certainly better than he'd expected.

Mutton and rabbit are delicious, but they're not what I'd intuitively call "breakfast food". (then again, I tend to be kind of weirded out by Americans eating bacon and eggs for breakfast, so it could just be a cultural thing)
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2252 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »
Well, pretty much, growing up I had all different things for breakfast.  There was no set type of food, really.  Sometimes I'd eat leftovers from the previous night's supper if there were any.  Heck, my mom sometimes fixes what she calls "breakfast-Supper"   which is just something like bacon and eggs, or sausage and biscuits with gravy.

To me, breakfast has always just been "the first meal of the day" and only that.  No specifics. :P:D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:13:58 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2253 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:39 pm »
I currently own almost 28 cents in Stellar.
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2254 on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »
Whatever will you do with all that money?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2255 on: August 20, 2014, 12:16:02 am »
After converting to pesos, it's enough to buy one small coffee at the student centre library at uni, with some change left over.
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2256 on: August 20, 2014, 02:15:10 am »
Really?  Wow... not bad.  Coffee is good.  Change is good.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2257 on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:56 am »
In light of today's Gunnerkrigg Court update, I have to say that
'YOU WILL MAKE ME FLESH.'
is an awesome quote.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2258 on: August 26, 2014, 05:51:04 pm »
A job that I was applying for wanted to know how many words per minute I could type. I didn't know, so I tried writing a series of random, somewhat stream-of-consciousness sentences out and checking the time after a few minutes. I wound up writing this:

One day, Bob went to the store and bought a loaf of bread. The clerk was a dinosaur, and bit his head off. That was really stupid. Bob got up, having been turned into a zombie, and then pulled out a machine gun and shot the dinosaur clerk to bits. Then a meteor fell and crushed them all. THE END.

Apparently, my subconscious mind is still that of a six-year-old.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2259 on: August 26, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »
A job that I was applying for wanted to know how many words per minute I could type. I didn't know, so I tried writing a series of random, somewhat stream-of-consciousness sentences out and checking the time after a few minutes. I wound up writing this:

One day, Bob went to the store and bought a loaf of bread. The clerk was a dinosaur, and bit his head off. That was really stupid. Bob got up, having been turned into a zombie, and then pulled out a machine gun and shot the dinosaur clerk to bits. Then a meteor fell and crushed them all. THE END.

One of the benefits of knowing the "friends, Romans, countrymen" monologue is that, should I ever be in your situation, I can type that instead of second-grade-level nonsense.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2260 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »
I have the Spanish version of the"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return" thing from Fullmetal Alchemist burned in my brain for some reason, so I use that when I need to type something at random. Which is more often that you'd expect.
Σא

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2261 on: August 27, 2014, 01:01:50 am »
Do you even know the formula that comes before it?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2262 on: August 27, 2014, 01:33:32 am »
I was going to say to use the Lorem ipsum but if you are actually supposed to type a coherent text rather than just random letters to fill space then the FMA text or some famous speech is a better choise.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2263 on: August 27, 2014, 08:53:05 am »

One of the benefits of knowing the "friends, Romans, countrymen" monologue is that, should I ever be in your situation, I can type that instead of second-grade-level nonsense.

Aw... but where's the fun in that?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2264 on: August 28, 2014, 08:40:13 am »
I still not only get the sea shanties from Assassin's Creed 4 stuck in my head, but also occasionally dream about them. I finished that game months ago. Should I be worried?