Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1650648 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2235 on: April 26, 2013, 12:32:41 am »
Aren't most anti-vaxers religious conservatives who would hate hippies like those parents?
I think a large number of them are ultraliberal natural medicine advocates.
I actually find that they're usually in the ultraliberal conspiracy theorist category.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2236 on: April 26, 2013, 12:16:18 pm »
I know a couple back in ATL. Dad is an architect, mom is a real estate agent. Both have degrees, both are

moderate politically....and are fucking anti-vaccers! Thank gawd, both kids made it to young adulthood okay, but unless they

get adult vaccinations for the childhood diseases that they have not yet contracted (and they suffered like hell through a

bunch of 'em, especially flu after flu), they could still die from stupid dangers like a strain of measles or gawd knows what.

No doubt the majority of anti-vaccers are on the extreme ends socio-politically, but what I think is the real main cause of the

spread of this "movement" is scientific illiteracy to the point that they do not even recognize that the claims are actually

outrageous. Combine that with the lack of time or motivation to truly research the topic and educate themselves.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2237 on: April 26, 2013, 06:35:41 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2238 on: April 26, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »
-snip-

Great now I'm going to anthropomorphize drones...

The cute... is setting... in.... HNNNNNG!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2239 on: April 26, 2013, 08:24:46 pm »
I still say drones are no more unethical than any other method of bombing.  The question isn't whether or not we should be using drones, it's whether or not we should be bombing in the first place.  If we should, then there should be no problem using drones.  If we shouldn't, then the drones aren't the problem.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #2240 on: April 26, 2013, 09:00:13 pm »
-snip-

I don't hate you....
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2241 on: April 26, 2013, 09:27:24 pm »
-snip-

I don't hate you....

Great, now I'm suffering a heart attack from the adorable.

Thank you sooooo much :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2242 on: April 26, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »
Last quarter in my Ethics class, we had a discussion on drones. During that, I mentioned that there was news of US soldiers who took their bomb drone out fishing to make it feel part of their unit. I mentioned to the professor that we're humanizing these drones.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2243 on: April 26, 2013, 11:18:29 pm »
Last quarter in my Ethics class, we had a discussion on drones. During that, I mentioned that there was news of US soldiers who took their bomb drone out fishing to make it feel part of their unit. I mentioned to the professor that we're humanizing these drones.

Hell, people yell at computers, scream at microwaves, and curse at brooms that fall down at inconvenient times.  Humanizing drones makes a bit more sense considering the fact that they are more animated than most things.

By the way I'm not a psychologist.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2244 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:33 pm »

Hell, people yell at computers, scream at microwaves, and curse at brooms that fall down at inconvenient times.  Humanizing drones makes a bit more sense considering the fact that they are more animated than most things.

By the way I'm not a psychologist.

that's nothing! my dear computer and i are best friends! AI rights! AI rights! *twitches* [/loony bin]... what was i doing again? time to go to bed with my wonderful wife, all made of korina wood and V-shaped... good night, guitar...

ok, if that ramble is incoherent, let's say it was done on purpose to show that bonding to objects is quite normal, and an involuntary human tendancy, and not just me lacking sleep  ;D
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2245 on: April 27, 2013, 12:27:43 am »
US military has drones and robots that were created for the sole purpose of making them do dangerous tasks that would otherwise force actual soldies/etc. risk their lives. Now that the robots are in use there are numerous cases where the soldies have risked their lives willingly to save a damaged robot. There are cases where soldiers have demanded that instead of getting a new robot to replace the damaged/destroyed one the old one must be repaired because they have grown attached to it.

I think that it is the high risk situations that make them humanize the robots so much but in any case this is a fascinating phenomenom.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2246 on: April 27, 2013, 02:21:12 am »
I'm trying to google the news that soldiers took their drone out fishing, but I keep getting all these serious stuff about the ethics of drones.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2247 on: April 27, 2013, 11:16:52 am »
-snip-

It's like a cute little robo-bird/bug or something. It's adorkable!

Drones...cuteness...babyfaced terrorist boy...the cute...so wrong...STAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHP!

Drones, Boston Bomber Boy, Tasmanian Devils, Bears.....why do some ferocious & dangerous stuff have to be cute?

Offline zupper

• Pope
« Reply #2248 on: April 27, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »
I'm trying to google the news that soldiers took their drone out fishing, but I keep getting all these serious stuff about the ethics of drones.

Here you go:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/05/AR2007050501009_pf.html

I think the term "Drone" can be used only for autonomous flying things because it's a type of a bee.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2249 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »
Drones, Boston Bomber Boy, Tasmanian Devils, Bears.....why do some ferocious & dangerous stuff have to be cute?

Sorry to be contrary, but I don't think Tasmanian Devils are actually dangerous, they just have bad PR. Or maybe I'm just speaking relatively. Compared to a Taipan or a crocodile or a pissed-off mother Kangaroo, it's a fucking doddle.

Even a Koala will gore your face off if you annoy it enough and it's not asleep or tripping balls.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR