Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646535 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #4710 on: November 15, 2014, 12:48:01 am »
For what it's worth, President Obama doing anything on immigration is going to hurt him. Going around Congress will get the Republicans fired up, and even people on the fence might not like it.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #4711 on: November 15, 2014, 04:10:14 am »
For what it's worth, President Obama doing anything on immigration is going to hurt him. Going around Congress will get the Republicans fired up, and even people on the fence might not like it.
Agreed. 2016 might even be an election going the Republicans' way, if the immigration issue continues or if Obama pushes it. My traditionally Blue state went for the Republicans just now based on how the majority feel about "illegal" immigrants. The Democrats probably should "cut bait" and let the Republicans run with the immigration issue, for better or worse. Otherwise the Democrats will just lose the 2016 and maybe 2018 elections by sticking to a lose-lose situation, however morally correct it was.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4712 on: November 18, 2014, 02:00:26 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4713 on: November 19, 2014, 12:37:40 am »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4714 on: November 21, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #4715 on: November 21, 2014, 11:13:50 pm »
I'm not sure the left is really all that strong in America, or ever was. Sure, we're on the Internet and it's easy for us to sound big, but I don't think hardcore leftwingers have ever had large numbers in real life. The base of the Republican Party is rightwingers. The base of the Democratic Party is blue collar workers and minorities who may not always be excited about some of the more lofty progressive goals.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #4716 on: November 25, 2014, 06:57:21 pm »
I'm not sure the left is really all that strong in America, or ever was. Sure, we're on the Internet and it's easy for us to sound big, but I don't think hardcore leftwingers have ever had large numbers in real life. The base of the Republican Party is rightwingers. The base of the Democratic Party is blue collar workers and minorities who may not always be excited about some of the more lofty progressive goals.

Thing is, I don't think that those on the left really know how to organize and get into politics. Republicans and the right wing are pretty good at coming up with terms and ideologies and convincing people of them. The left needs to be able to know how to do that in order to gain popularity and get more votes.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4717 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:11 pm »

Thing is, I don't think that those on the left really know how to organize and get into politics. Republicans and the right wing are pretty good at coming up with terms and ideologies and convincing people of them. The left needs to be able to know how to do that in order to gain popularity and get more votes.

The right wing is willing to punish the Republican party for not being ideologically pure enough. They do this by voting out incumbents in primaries and sometimes even sabotaging Presidential races by splitting the vote between the GOP and a third party (e.g. Perot's campaign in 1992). This is a strategy that works in the long term; Democrats would be forced to adopt a more progressive party platform if Progressives had the spine to actively oppose the lesser of two evils and do it in large enough numbers to guarantee defeat for a high-profile Democratic candidate. They did this in the 1930s when the Communist party was eating into the Democratic party base and FDR was forced to appease them with policies like the New Deal.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4718 on: November 26, 2014, 03:47:47 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4719 on: November 27, 2014, 03:13:27 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4720 on: November 28, 2014, 09:29:37 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'm sorry, what was that you were saying earlier?  Something about M&Ms?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4721 on: November 28, 2014, 02:49:47 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I'm sorry, what was that you were saying earlier? Something about being an intellectual?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4722 on: November 28, 2014, 02:52:15 pm »
Totally not petty, you two.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4723 on: November 29, 2014, 08:54:53 am »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4724 on: November 29, 2014, 12:48:16 pm »
Eh, the cartoon's to cluttered.