Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1654355 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5610 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:05 am »
When are they not?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5611 on: August 05, 2016, 12:57:27 am »
@Scarpelan

I love those too, here's some more

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5612 on: August 07, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #5613 on: August 13, 2016, 11:25:32 am »
Sort of a cartoon, Billy West has been reading Donald Trump quotes in his Zapp Brannigan voice

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yVQjILers" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yVQjILers</a>

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5614 on: August 13, 2016, 02:46:08 pm »
It's amazing how in character for Zapp Brannigan those lines are.
Who needs a signature?

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #5615 on: August 15, 2016, 11:21:28 am »
Sort of a cartoon, Billy West has been reading Donald Trump quotes in his Zapp Brannigan voice

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yVQjILers" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yVQjILers</a>

Billy West is a national treasure. <3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5616 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:14 am »

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5617 on: August 28, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »
In this category because it's well drawn and the message is conveyed clearly. And no Ben Garrison, clearly doesn't have a weird homosexual crush on Donald TrumP:

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5618 on: September 22, 2016, 03:34:50 pm »
Funny how a comic from 1881 is still relevant in USA:
(click to show/hide)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5619 on: October 01, 2016, 03:51:14 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5620 on: October 06, 2016, 01:09:09 am »
Double post... and this isn't even really political...

It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5621 on: October 06, 2016, 07:17:36 am »
I dunno, I think it kinda is, if you think about it.  Institutional racism is as much a political problem as it is a societal one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #5622 on: October 06, 2016, 02:17:26 pm »
As much as I agree with the message, why do so many political cartoons suck at being cartoons? You're in a visual medium! Stop using so much text!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5623 on: October 07, 2016, 02:09:33 am »
Seen on another forum in response to that cartoon:

This is classic. How do the crime statistics by race compare to the incarceration statistics? How many people that are incarcerated here would be killed for the same crime in a different country? How much of these stats are for major vs. minor offenses and how long are these sentences? 90 days hard time is a lot different than 20 to life, but all that detail gets conflated in a big scary number.

Half -truths like this cartoon lack key context that leave a lot of room for people to draw their own half-baked conclusions. That's probably why they're employed as political propaganda.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5624 on: October 22, 2016, 05:06:09 am »