Author Topic: 39% of Republicans unaware Benghazi is in Libya  (Read 3470 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
39% of Republicans unaware Benghazi is in Libya
« on: May 13, 2013, 07:46:24 pm »
Of the 41% of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39% are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya.

Of the 41 percent of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39 percent are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya. 10 percent said it's in Egypt, 9 percent in Iran, 6 percent in Cuba, 5 percent in Syria, 4 percent in Iraq, and 1 percent each in North Korea and Liberia, with 4 percent unwilling to venture a guess.

Did not see this coming:
Voters trust Hillary Clinton over Congressional Republicans on the issue of Benghazi by a 49/39 margin and her favorability rating shows no signs of decline at 52 percent versus 44 percent unfavorable. Congressional Republicans remain unpopular with a 36/57 favorability rating.

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/13/Poll-Americans-angry-about-Benghazi-cant-find-it-on-a-map/7321368469022/

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: 39% of Republicans unaware Benghazi is in Libya
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:48 pm »
Cuba? North Korea? Liberia?

They are dumber than first graders, then...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:32 pm »
Of the 41 percent of Republicans who consider Benghazi to be the worst political scandal in American history, 39 percent are unaware that Benghazi is located in Libya. 10 percent said it's in Egypt, 9 percent in Iran, 6 percent in Cuba, 5 percent in Syria, 4 percent in Iraq, and 1 percent each in North Korea and Liberia, with 4 percent unwilling to venture a guess.

It seems to me that the thread title is inaccurate: 39% of 41% is only about 16%. (Granted this doesn't take into account those Republicans who think that Benghazi isn't the worst scandal.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »
“Of all the great cover-ups in history -- the Pentagon papers, Iran-Contra, Watergate, all the rest of them -- this ... is going to go down as most egregious cover-up in American history." He further suggested President Obama could be impeached over it.
Does that mean we can finally retire the -gate suffix in favour of -ghazi?
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 09:43:29 pm »
“Of all the great cover-ups in history -- the Pentagon papers, Iran-Contra, Watergate, all the rest of them -- this ... is going to go down as most egregious cover-up in American history." He further suggested President Obama could be impeached over it.
Does that mean we can finally retire the -gate suffix in favour of -ghazi?

How long until people start talking about "Waterghazi", then?  :P
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:45:27 pm »
Angry about what Obama did in Benghazi
Has no idea what he thinks Obama did in Benghazi.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:25:39 pm »

It comes down to "It was so obviously a terrorist attack, why aren't you labeling it as such?", "Why didn't you prepare?" or even more applicable to every situation ever "You lie!"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:31:10 pm by worlder »

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »
I didn't know that either.  :P

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:41 pm »

It comes down to "It was so obviously a terrorist attack, why aren't you labeling it as such?", "Why didn't you prepare?" or even more applicable to every situation ever "You lie!"

Well according to Darrel Issa... even labeling it "an act of terror" is deceptive a opposed to a "terrorist attack"

This just in, the Man of Bats, the Knight of the Dark himself.... just facepalmed people.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »

Well according to Darrel Issa... even labeling it "an act of terror" is deceptive a opposed to a "terrorist attack"

This just in, the Man of Bats, the Knight of the Dark himself.... just facepalmed people.

This from the guy who silenced the committee in order to say Clinton's name into the camera. 

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »
They think it's the worst scandal in history?  Even worse than Clinton getting a blow job? *eyeroll*

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 06:27:27 pm »
They think it's the worst scandal in history?  Even worse than Clinton getting a blow job? *eyeroll*

shhhhhh! Quiet....they only just stopped obsessing about that like one election ago.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 08:16:12 pm »
If we wish to refer to those events in the future as a scandal, then it would pretty much be a scandal worse than having the cover blown on an extra marital affair.

After all some people died because someone slipped up. If they slipped up at all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:22:52 pm by worlder »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:12:56 am »
The Obama administration seems to stand accused of not knowing the motivation conservatives believe was behind the attacks, something that would not influence the number of people hit by mortar fire or killed by smoke.

Also note that several members of the families of those who died have tearfully requested that the Republicans stop exploiting the deaths of their sons ect for political gain. LOL NO.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 06:22:50 am »

shhhhhh! Quiet....they only just stopped obsessing about that like one election ago.

Having completely forgotten about the Dodgy Dossiers and the weapons of Mass Distraction.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!