Author Topic: Fun times in Syria  (Read 30872 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Fun times in Syria
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »
Nowhere near 1.2 million  ::)
Over time, yes. Because over time, with all the people being killed by persecution and Saddam, it would easily hit 1.2 million.

That's 1.2 million excess deaths. Meaning, all the people who would have died of persecution or starvation under Saddam, plus 1.2 million.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »
*glances over the thread*

Anyone else having flashbacks to 2002? Yeah I guess not. Anyway, let's invade! What could possibly go wrong?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2013, 11:15:26 pm »
Meh, try Assad for crimes against humanity in the world court, and when he's found guilty, just put up a totally amazing, awe inspiring one billion dollar bounty on his head. He'll be gone in a week. Much cheaper, less collateral damage. I'm sort of not even kidding. Wishful thinking, though. Heck, one of the wealthier Arab League reps would probably volunteer the entire billion bucks, himself. Assad is not respected in the ME, at all.

I'm so sick of endless war. It's a surgical missile strike that they have in mind, but that is a gateway drug to more and more abuse of civvies and NATO soldiers.

Back to the numbers game speculation thing...Saddam Hussein was in fact in process of going down the primrose genocide path by attacks, including chemical, on Kurdish towns throughout the north, and systematically destroying the wetlands that the marsh Arabs lived in for thousands of years. He and his fucking boys needed to go, but I definitely wish it had been a bounty head hunter offer there too, instead of ten years of invader occupation warfare. Halliburton and Blackwater sure enjoyed it, though.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2013, 01:42:58 am »

Anyone else having flashbacks to 2002? Yeah I guess not. Anyway, let's invade! What could possibly go wrong?

For the last time...

WE ARE NOT INVADING SYRIA!

No one has said ONE WORD about sending troops in. We are talking about missiles and airstrikes. Nothing more. Just like Libya.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:07 am »
I can't believe I haven't freaked out when our nation had agreed to launch missiles and airstrikes to Syria. I did last year in response to the threats from Mitt Romney in response to the killing of American diplomats in response to The Innocence of Muslims.

(I can't remember all the things said there then, so forgive me.)

• The Beast
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »

For the last time...

No one has said ONE WORD about sending troops in. We are talking about missiles and airstrikes. Nothing more. Just like Libya.
My mistake. Let's go with the slightly less stupid plan. Apologies all around.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:01 pm »

For the last time...

Thank you. Apology accepted. I was just getting tired of people saying that we were going to invade, or that it would inevitably lead to invasion. We didn't end up invading Libya, did we?

Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

• The Beast
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:54 pm »

For the last time...

Thank you. Apology accepted. I was just getting tired of people saying that we were going to invade, or that it would inevitably lead to invasion. We didn't end up invading Libya, did we?
No, we merely bombed the living hell outta them, which is precisely what we'll do here if the position of U.S. warships is any indication. Obama learned some things from Bush, namely that one needn't use "boots on the ground" to destroy a nation.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2013, 07:06:23 pm »

For the last time...

First time a pilot goes down- and a whole bunch of them are, by the way; the Syrians really know how to do goddamn air defence- the US sends in a helicopter with a bunch of ninjas aboard to pick him up. Then one of them gets shot down. You now have boots on the ground.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »
Actually, from what I've heard, we're mostly going with missiles, probably due to the aforementioned Syrian AA. And there's always the Israeli option.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »
Yeah they're talking guided or self guiding cruise missiles, which would launch from a ship, hundreds of miles off from the target. Tomahawks are huge missiles. Collateral damage is unavoidable. Innocents will die. 'Swhy I was only half kidding about putting out a one billion dollar "wanted dead" poster on Assad's head. The idea being that local Syrian snipers would try it, a billion bucks being more than enough to tempt even Assad's own praetorian guard.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2013, 07:48:27 pm »
Actually, from what I've heard, we're mostly going with missiles, probably due to the aforementioned Syrian AA. And there's always the Israeli option.

If it's a no-fly zone they're after, they're flying jets. If they're only launching missiles, that would be a fairly puny punitive strike. Short-term, too.

I would assume that it's likely to go like this:

H-hour: every airport in the country is blown to pieces by a tomahawk. Every known flak, radar or heat-seeking AAA gets a tomahawk. Following close on is a wave of 150-200 SEAD jets (including support aircraft and such). Everything still emitting radiation gets a HARM, then a JDAM.

H-hour +1: some left-over jets drop the occasional bomb right on ole Bashar's head. They miss a bunch of times. Eventually they don't miss.

H-Hour +2: Rebels ring up the US, "we have some armour kicking our arse at XYZ". XYZ explodes.

H-Hour +3: a radar anywhere in Syria turns on. It is instantly blown to pieces (HARM, JDAM).

Rinse, repeat.

-FDR

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »

If it's a no-fly zone they're after, they're flying jets. If they're only launching missiles, that would be a fairly puny punitive strike. Short-term, too.

I would assume that it's likely to go like this:

H-hour: every airport in the country is blown to pieces by a tomahawk. Every known flak, radar or heat-seeking AAA gets a tomahawk. Following close on is a wave of 150-200 SEAD jets (including support aircraft and such). Everything still emitting radiation gets a HARM, then a JDAM.

H-hour +1: some left-over jets drop the occasional bomb right on ole Bashar's head. They miss a bunch of times. Eventually they don't miss.

H-Hour +2: Rebels ring up the US, "we have some armour kicking our arse at XYZ". XYZ explodes.

H-Hour +3: a radar anywhere in Syria turns on. It is instantly blown to pieces (HARM, JDAM).

Rinse, repeat.
At some point in there, Russia and Iran make good on their threats to retaliate. America (and Israeli) forces defend themselves. International shitstorm ensues.

Hello WWIII.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2013, 08:14:49 pm »
Nonsense. No Russian leader, least of all Putin, is going to commit suicide over an irrelevant naval base. For Iran it's a bigger deal: Syria is their only friend in the world, and it's about to get bombed flat. But think about WHY Iran is friends with Syria (and Hezbollah). It's deterrence. They're afraid of potential US invasion of their country, and rightly so- the US has been highly belligerent towards Iran. Now, why would you make certain the outcome you want to avoid in order to defend the tools you want to use to avoid it?

-FDR

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2013, 08:37:12 pm »
So I guess we've exchanged white man's burden for first world man's burden.

Have any of you asked yourselves why the U.S. tipped its hand so blatantly and so early? I mean now Assad is just going to scatter and hide all his high value military targets in deep dark little holes in out of the way places instead of on the front lines where they are easy to hit...

...oh, wait.  ::)

Nonsense. No Russian leader, least of all Putin, is going to commit suicide over an irrelevant naval base.

I take it you feel that Obama is somewhat less sane and is willing to commit suicide over a bunch of foreign nationals being killed in a civil war half a world away. If Russia and America start swinging at each other there is no guarantee who would be left standing.