Author Topic: The Rules  (Read 46096 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: The Rules
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 05:07:24 am »
I would like to believe that we are mature enough to handle the system, but that's what I said last time. Maybe it's best to just not go there.

I'm going to agree with not going there.

The only way I'd possibly support it is if it used a non-alphanumeric form of measurement that didn't measure anything at all.  Like, it would sometimes display "fish", and sometimes "banana".

But as that's convoluted and simply an exercise in comedic nonsense, let's just avoid something that's caused drama.  Twice now.  Or three times, I forget.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 05:17:21 am »
I just find it perpetually wonderful that people gave a damn about those little numbers
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 05:28:28 am »
I just find it perpetually wonderful that people gave a damn about those little numbers

Pretty sure it was the possible intent behind those numbers rather than the numbers themselves.

That being said, humanity has cared about arbitrary numbers ever since we've had numbers.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 09:13:58 am »
Yes, please, let's actually learn from the lessons of the past, this time.  Because if someone isn't spamming smites/exalts to stir up bullshit, its people using those same numbers as a basis for entire bullshit threads bitching when one member gets a high number of negatives.  Or positives.

Keiro and Nap were, to put it bluntly, fucking morons when they brought it back last time.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:44 am »

Me too, me too.

Though, maybe we should bring it back, the drama it caused was kind of hilarious...

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »
What about where you can give approvals or exalts to particular posts.  I've seen elsewhere where if someone posts something that's a good point or funny or what have you, someone can click an icon and it says below the post "_____ Likes this post."  Something like that, anyway.

You wouldn't be approving of the particular person as much as you'd be agreeing with what they said.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:24 pm »
What about where you can give approvals or exalts to particular posts.  I've seen elsewhere where if someone posts something that's a good point or funny or what have you, someone can click an icon and it says below the post "_____ Likes this post."  Something like that, anyway.

You wouldn't be approving of the particular person as much as you'd be agreeing with what they said.

This can still lead to trolling with people simply liking every post a particular poster makes.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »

Can't be implemented with the current system, and I'd rather not mess around with the forum software to see if it can be done.

If you liked someone's post, simply post on the thread saying so (ideally giving a reason why).

In other news, I've removed the chewtoy rule, given that it was ultimately redundant.
Σא

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 12:25:32 am »
Keiro and Nap were, to put it bluntly, fucking morons when they brought it back last time.

...A bunch of people really wanted it. There was a poll on it & everything. It's not like Napoleon, or even Keiro were really gung-ho for it.

Hm. I might be responsible for some of Queen's Fuck No spam. I think there was a period that I just Fuck No'd every post I liked.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 12:36:05 am »
I remember when Ibby would run around Fuck No'ing innocents randomly.   Like me. ;)   You always could tell you were fuck no'd by Ibby when he went Heheheheeheheheheheh!
Crazy little dinosaur.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:38:18 am by SpaceProg »

QueenofHearts

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 09:16:14 am »

...A bunch of people really wanted it. There was a poll on it & everything. It's not like Napoleon, or even Keiro were really gung-ho for it.

Hm. I might be responsible for some of Queen's Fuck No spam. I think there was a period that I just Fuck No'd every post I liked.

Not to mention, Nappy specifically brought it back as a joke. I recall Nappy and Vene smiting each other like crazy for the lulz. If anything, I think Distind's the dumbass for keeping the system going 9 months or so after it was voted (overwhelmingly) to be scrapped because of the first bout of "people are mean to Cait" butthurt-extravaganza. Of course, I think he just kept the DRAMA system to stroke his ego. If only cause Distind's shown himself to be conceited and selfish.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 01:17:06 pm »
And a drama-llama.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »
I remember when Ibby would run around Fuck No'ing innocents randomly.   Like me. ;)   You always could tell you were fuck no'd by Ibby when he went Heheheheeheheheheheh!
Crazy little dinosaur.

Oy, don't post while drunk, folks.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »
That's a damn good drunk post.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 02:55:37 pm »
Yeah I rarely do a lot of misspells, but I do go on the chain-of-thought rail sometimes.