Author Topic: Government Threatened Foley Family Over Ransom Payments  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Government Threatened Foley Family Over Ransom Payments
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 12:37:56 am »
I can't believe the government prioritized a fucking deserter over James Foley.

Firstly, he probably wasn't a deserter. Secondly, the conditions were entirely unsimilar. Foley was a kidnapped civilian. Bowe Bergdahl was a Prisoner of War.

Negotiated prisoner of war swaps are a long-standing and boringly traditional approach to the inevitable prisoners taken in conflict. Almost every war in history has involved prisoner swaps - including, by the way, deserters. This new principle about prisoner swaps created by the Republican Party is a scam, which you apparently swallowed without question. The US Marine Corps, for instance, vowes never to leave a man behind. Silly lies from the Republican party shouldn't be enough to stop them. You do what you have to to get your man back, even if it means idiots like yourself or corrupt propagandists in the other party accuse you of being a traitor or whatever.

Now, some people have suggested that this creates an incentive for the Taliban to take American soldiers prisoner. Indeed it does. This is very much a good thing. Surely everyone would prefer a live captive than a dead corpse? In any case, it is not easy to take US soldiers prisoner.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 11:31:58 am »
You know, I've heard somebody suggest that we bury dead ISIL members with pigs to deny them the martyrdom they so desire.  I'm not sure that's such a good idea.

That whole idea has been thrown around every time someone fought against muslims. It is also really easy to see as stupid if you have even a cursory knowledge of Islam, since the "touching unclean items/food" doesn't count against you if it was against your will (such as this case) or as a last resort (for instance, if someone was trapped on a deserted island with only pork to eat, they would be permitted to eat it).

That isn't even getting into the whole morality of disrespecting the dead in this case. I'm very sure it isn't a good idea.
Well, it would also be the wet dream of ISIS propaganda experts, we might as well release video's of us eating live kittens.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 02:30:05 pm »
Well, it would also be the wet dream of ISIS propaganda experts, we might as well release video's of us eating live kittens. WRAPPED IN BACON AND DIPPED IN LARD

FTFY

Cynically speaking, it would probably be in our best interests to let the House of Saud deal with ISIS. They have a vested interest in making them go away, have the credibility to form regional alliances, and are swimming in cash to fund a war. We can hook them up with the names and numbers of the arms dealers and private contractors we're using.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 02:53:12 pm »
Well, it would also be the wet dream of ISIS propaganda experts, we might as well release video's of us eating live kittens. WRAPPED IN BACON AND DIPPED IN LARD

FTFY

Cynically speaking, it would probably be in our best interests to let the House of Saud deal with ISIS. They have a vested interest in making them go away, have the credibility to form regional alliances, and are swimming in cash to fund a war. We can hook them up with the names and numbers of the arms dealers and private contractors we're using.
I'm thinking just tell them the info we have about Isis.
Plus, we already ship shitloads of weapons and gear to the Sauds.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »
Well, it would also be the wet dream of ISIS propaganda experts, we might as well release video's of us eating live kittens.

Especially given how revered cats are in Islam.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.