Author Topic: Has Captain Janeway been assimilated by the TEABORG?!  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Has Captain Janeway been assimilated by the TEABORG?!
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:04:08 pm »
Yes, I know that Kate Mulgrew is an actress & Janeway's just a character....but this is insane!
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/04/08/kate-mulgrew-sun-revolves-around-earth/

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Has Captain Janeway been assimilated by the TEABORG?!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:36 pm »
You'd think a former Star Trek actress would know a little bit more about science.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »
I hope they got her voice the same way they manipulated those scientists but since she's NARRATING the stupid thing, I really have to wonder.

And the joker who conjured up this tripe is not only a geocentrism nut, he's a rabid antisemite & Holocaust-denier as well.

Is Mulgrew really THAT hard up for cash?! I'd hate to think of the alternative.

Geocentrism is crazy even by wingnut standards. I question the "1 in 4 Americans believe it" jazz ('Lies, damn lies & statistics'). More like "1 in 4 wingnut Americans". The US may have some morons but I'll be damned that a quarter believe in geocentrism!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 04:38:44 pm »
I am so confused right now :S
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:26:44 pm »
Set phasers to sad...

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:05 pm »
So Kate is saying she was misinformed about the films purpose

THANK YOU! Kate is A-OKAY! She was just messed with like the others!

That's a relief!!!!!

There's got to be a way to ferret out interviewers & whatnot to make sure they're not wingnuts who want to trick intelligent people into endorsing their insanity.

Set phasers to sad...

No! Set phasers to HAPPY! Read the new link. Kate was tricked!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »
Yeah, all she did was a voiceover for the promo clip. And this bullshit "film" promo also has exploited Michio Kaku by planting out-of-context statements by him, as well. All in all, I can smell a few lawsuits coming out of this.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:07:30 pm »
Even legitimate documentaries pull off shit like this. Here's a good example: a paleontologist's interview with documentary producers was edited to make him appear to support a misconception he was really trying to debunk. (relevant part starts at "Back in the Back in the Day")

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 08:08:01 pm »
Yeah, all she did was a voiceover for the promo clip. And this bullshit "film" promo also has exploited Michio Kaku by planting out-of-context statements by him, as well. All in all, I can smell a few lawsuits coming out of this.

Oh yes! One guy says he won't due to not wanting to give these dorks attention but I hope the others sue.

Tricking folks who don't share your goofy worldview into "endorsing" it is violating. Like a weird mind-rape/identity theft. Like they're forcing you into endorsing stuff you reject. It also shows that these dumbasses KNOW that they have no leg to stand on. What a better way to look credible than to fake "endorsement" by credible people.

I get the impression that religious frummers subconsciously know their views are ridiculous and the reason they're constantly pushing this stuff is so they don't feel ridiculous. If they lived in a world where everyone was a science-hating frum with puritanical morals & extreme male chauvinism, then they wouldn't feel like such freaks. Why else would they create this false "Reason vs. Faith" dichotomy & pretend like Theistic/Spiritual evolutionists don't exist or who are invalid?

FRUM: "It doesn't matter if you love Jesus & church & such...you must do it like we do it!"

It's both about control & insecurity. They KNOW scriptural literalism is bullshit but they want it to be true & don't want to feel like a "kooky minority".

Even legitimate documentaries pull off shit like this. Here's a good example: a paleontologist's interview with documentary producers was edited to make him appear to support a misconception he was really trying to debunk. (relevant part starts at "Back in the Back in the Day")

Well, Discovery has since been taken over by aliens from the planet Stupidtron, so this isn't too surprising. And the Discovery/History/TLC/etc. conglomerate doesn't even want to admit that their faux-documentaries & "reality" shows are as phony as a 3-dollar bill. I mean *GEEZ*...even the kids who make The Blair Witch Project eventually admitted that they just made a horror film & that it was all staged!

C'mon, just admit once that the "Amish Mafia/Wildman/Duck Dynasty/Mermaid/Modern Megladon/Ancient Astronaut/etc." stuff is pure fiction & that you are no longer educational channels! Why lie? People have suspension of disbelief, man. No biggie! This irks me to no end because they're giving the impression that they are trying to make people weird & stupid ON PURPOSE! "Yesssssss me peeetttsss goood goood....we want you to belieeeeeve that mermaids are real & that there's an Amish Mafia......Weeee want you STUPID! *B'WAHAHAHAAA!"

The sad thing is that a dinosaur documentary done like a live-action nature documentary is actually a rather brilliant idea....In competent hands it would be awesome.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic rant but I had to get it off my chest.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:23:38 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 11:44:26 pm »
If you like that idea, Spuki, I'd recommend Walking with Dinosaurs, and indeed the entire Walking with series. Some are a bit outdated, (WWD was made in 99, after all) but I still quite enjoy them.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:03 am »
I'd second the Walking With Dinosaurs recommendation. That is exactly the kind of show you asked for, a nature documentary set during the Mesozoic. While they do get a lot of things wrong, they've generally paid more attention to detail than most documentaries do. The BBC tends to be considerably less sensationalist than Discovery/History/A&E.

Also, the same crew did Walking With Monsters and Walking With Prehistoric Beasts which cover the rest of life's history in the same manner.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 12:25:20 am »
I'd second the Walking With Dinosaurs recommendation. That is exactly the kind of show you asked for, a nature documentary set during the Mesozoic. While they do get a lot of things wrong, they've generally paid more attention to detail than most documentaries do. The BBC tends to be considerably less sensationalist than Discovery/History/A&E.

Also, the same crew did Walking With Monsters and Walking With Prehistoric Beasts which cover the rest of life's history in the same manner.

Cool.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 08:53:02 am »
So, basically, they pulled an Expelled on Captain Janeway.  Fuck anyone who thinks they can get away with this bullshit in the god damned Information Age.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 10:47:30 am »
So, basically, they pulled an Expelled on Captain Janeway.  Fuck anyone who thinks they can get away with this bullshit in the god damned Information Age.
People like this tend to be insufferably arrogant.