Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387645 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3075 on: August 21, 2019, 05:42:35 pm »
He had a press conference today and was asked about how the trade war with China.  He then wandered away for a second, looked up at the sky, and declared himself the "Chosen One" before coming back to the press and answering the question in his rambling way.

Ironbite-he's got full on dementia now.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3076 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:12 pm »
And of course the right wing media says he was "joking."
Whenever someone on the right says something offensive or asinine they're always "joking." I remember this back when W was president.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3077 on: August 25, 2019, 06:32:09 pm »
Just in case you were wondering, you're right Trump is completely insane. https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-great-crackup-20190825-3m5btyfh3bd4jaw4dkzmgcxjfm-story.html

Unfortunately he still has the complete support of the Republican Party

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3078 on: August 25, 2019, 06:42:43 pm »
Just in case you were wondering, you're right Trump is completely insane. https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-the-great-crackup-20190825-3m5btyfh3bd4jaw4dkzmgcxjfm-story.html

Unfortunately he still has the complete support of the Republican Party

Earth to all these news outlets who keep printing "Trump is unwell" articles and just leaving it at that; it's called the 25th Amendment.  FUCKING LOOK IT UP.  And don't give me any of that "We can't do that!  He's the PRESIDENT!" bullshit, because you were perfectly willing to do it when we were talking about a simple blowjob in the White House...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3079 on: August 25, 2019, 07:58:11 pm »
25th Amendment differs from impeachment, since there's an explicit process to return to office with the former, whereas with the latter you can be barred from ever holding public office again.

Also, Sec. 4 requires that it be the Vice President and a majority of the Cabinet that ask Congress to remove the President... which is a bit of an issue, since the President can fire the Cabinet at will (see, e.g., Myers v. United States, though in dicta).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3080 on: August 25, 2019, 08:36:06 pm »
The president of the US seems to have too many protections. The fact that you can't arrest a sitting president for committing a crime seems asinine to me.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3081 on: August 25, 2019, 09:33:55 pm »
You know this is exactly what he was asked:
https://forums.fstdt.net/index.php

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

The question I was asked most today by fellow World Leaders, who think the USA is doing so well and is stronger than ever before, happens to be, “Mr. President, why does the American media hate your Country so much? Why are they rooting for it to fail?”

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3082 on: August 25, 2019, 09:44:42 pm »
The president of the US seems to have too many protections. The fact that you can't arrest a sitting president for committing a crime seems asinine to me.

Not sure that's a law as such, it's just the instructions Mueller was given for his investigation.

And it's hardly unique, the President of Germany is immune from prosecution, for instance, and can only be removed on impeachment (by either the Bundestag or Bundesrat) and subsequent conviction by the Federal Constitutional Court.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3083 on: August 26, 2019, 02:31:30 am »

The assumption was that if the President was breaking the law, it would clearly be enough for the Senate to vote to remove him... I'd say the founders didn't see the Republican Party coming, but actually, they DID (which is why they railed against the idea of parties to begin with).

Not sure that's a law as such, it's just the instructions Mueller was given for his investigation.

And it's hardly unique, the President of Germany is immune from prosecution, for instance, and can only be removed on impeachment (by either the Bundestag or Bundesrat) and subsequent conviction by the Federal Constitutional Court.

It's probably worth mentioning that the instructions both Mueller and Bill Barr wave around as ironclad proof that the President cannot be charged while in office was written by one Robert Bork, during the fall of one Richard Nixon.  In short, it was invented to save Nixon from being charged during Watergate, and the whole thing has just been adopted as official policy by the US DoJ for... reasons.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 02:33:24 am by DarkPhoenix »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3084 on: August 26, 2019, 03:09:57 am »

The assumption was that if the President was breaking the law, it would clearly be enough for the Senate to vote to remove him... I'd say the founders didn't see the Republican Party coming, but actually, they DID (which is why they railed against the idea of parties to begin with).

As Republicans will gleefully point out, Bill Clinton did perjure himself on the matter of whether he had oral sex with Monica Lewinsky, and Senate Democrats unanimously voted not to convict. (Sometimes they'll acknowledge that nine Senate Republicans also voted not guilty--remember, Specter voted "not proven", not "not guilty"; Rehnquist just ordered it entered as the latter.)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3085 on: September 05, 2019, 12:07:33 am »
So Donald I've never heard of a category five hurricane despite four occurring during his presidency Trump, in an ever growing moment of senility. Made the gaffe that Dorian was going to hit Alabama despite nobody saying that. So instead of Trump either ignoring what people say about him or being a decent human being and trying to provide comfort to the people that are about to have their lives effected by the hurricane he decides to double down and alter evidence to support his lie. https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics/donald-trump-hurricane-alabama-map/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3086 on: September 05, 2019, 01:19:29 am »
Also, altering that map the way he did is literally a crime.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3087 on: September 05, 2019, 02:01:10 am »
How many layers down the reality denial cake are we now?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3088 on: September 05, 2019, 03:22:25 am »
How many layers down the reality denial cake are we now?

Well in 2017 Sean Hannity referred to "President Clinton", so...

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3089 on: September 05, 2019, 12:33:47 pm »
So Donald I've never heard of a category five hurricane despite four occurring during his presidency Trump

Every time there's a Cat5 Hurricane, Trump says he's never heard of it.  And then goes on for a while to boast about the hurricane size, as if weather patterns are making themselves larger just to show he's such a great President...