Author Topic: The Alt-Right playbook (AKA, the card says "moop")  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: The Alt-Right playbook (AKA, the card says "moop")
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 07:55:41 pm »
Yeah - fact is, the examples you use are fucking ancient, in addition to being in far fewer number than the amount of far right wing terrorist actions.

I'm not the one that should be worried about dying on a hill. The fact is, whenever people discuss the violent actions of the far right as a group, you come in, and start bleating about how these select examples of feminists who were violent exist.

You're a bloviating centrist who can't see that everybody fucking despises the tack you keep using.

Really? Where have I done that? Show me.

Can he show you using your previous user names?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2019, 10:15:08 pm »
I think this one is honestly my favorite:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVkJvieaOA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmVkJvieaOA</a>

Specifically because once you're trained to see this pattern, you start to see it everywhere. From the President to conservative media hosts, you'll always be able to see people practicing this wherever you go. Pretty much every forum you go to has these people as well, from both the left or the right - though obviously, a lot more prevalent on the right, due to the left's burning need to be justified (the right doesn't care about justification, just about beating down "the libtards").

In particular, the oft-noted concern troll is a mixture of Never Play Defense and the title video, The Card Says Moops. Once you're trained to look for it, you'll notice that their position always seems to be "I like your ideas in general but I think you're being too extreme about it", no matter what your ideas actually are. No matter what the issue is, they're always concerned, not about the issue itself but about how you're handling it - hence the name. Always on the offense, and less concerned about what the issue is than about being right, in their minds.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 08:17:56 am »
Yeah - fact is, the examples you use are fucking ancient, in addition to being in far fewer number than the amount of far right wing terrorist actions.

I'm not the one that should be worried about dying on a hill. The fact is, whenever people discuss the violent actions of the far right as a group, you come in, and start bleating about how these select examples of feminists who were violent exist.

You're a bloviating centrist who can't see that everybody fucking despises the tack you keep using.

Really? Where have I done that? Show me.

Can he show you using your previous user names?

I love you, cracker.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?