Author Topic: An example of that fake xian "politeness".  (Read 2488 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
An example of that fake xian "politeness".
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:29:38 pm »
Edit:  Post was removed from facebook.  For why, see my guess below.  Plus, changed the names as per suggestion.

Maybe she's from the deep south, with that talk of "well, bless your heart!"  crap.  Anyway, from some dunce at facebook:

K K M N @R H: Oh no sir, I was not referring to the sheep and goats passage. I was referring to my bad habit of casting my pearls before swine. It is so dark in these debates that I have to turn on The Light to see if there are any sheep among the swine who are rending me. Sadly, there are very few, if any, sheep. Probably because they are wiser and more obedient than me, and have learned not to give that which is Holy to the dogs, and not to caste their pearls before swine.

You can image my reply:

Another thing that you could do to avoid being mocked? Stop calling us swine! That idiotic self-righteousness coupled with your false respect (ie. calling me "sir" within the same paragraph that you call us all "swine") is an example of behavior that ticks us off.

That, and the arrogant presumption that your little sayings amount to "pearls".
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:54:20 pm by the_ignored »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: An example of that fake xian "politeness".
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
Passive-aggressive bitch...

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:41:18 pm »
The entire post was removed.

Someone over there said that he was blocking her, the mod said that was against the rules, the poster said "fuck you, I'll block whoever I want, including you" and bam!

That's my guess as to why, anyway.

Want me to remove this thread?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:56:42 pm by the_ignored »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:33:50 am »
Nah, let 'er stay.  I'm sure there's more examples of this particular behaviour out there for us to mock.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:26:19 am »
Ignored, I might make a suggestion that if those names are real, edit them out.  Otherwise, it's a perfect example of what's wrong with "good" Christianity.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:21 pm »

Want me to remove this thread?

Hell no.  I like these kind of threads.  They expose all the bullshit that fundamentalists spout which is an effective way of debunking them. 

If you want another example of this fake niceness, look for a person named "Jerrirose" on the Ex Christian forums.  here is a link to a blog post she responded to, and here are a few of her quotes.

I bet you won't see anymore posts from my granddaughter. Amber is a great person, but she is impulsive. You can't bite the hand that feeds you. That's all I am going to say.

God blessed me with a loving husband. I am not an evil woman. but, when it comes to the things of the Lord, I become very passionate.

Jesus offended many. So, Discordia, you seem to assume a lot about me...If you were guided by the Holy Ghost, you would know that i habe the Spirit of God.

You can't stay angry all your life. God can set you free.

And this is a response to someone who was struggling with guilt and anxiety from leaving the faith (which could be considered leaving an abusive relationship).

Honey,

Lauren, you sound pretty young, how old are you?

I read your post with a lot of sadness. I decided to pray for you. Apparently, God destined you for greatness. It is only in His will that you will ever earn the rewards that He has in store for you. The guilt that you are feeling is the Holy Spirit convicting you. Believe me honey, there is no happiness outside of the will of God. You even stated that you were happier as a Christian. Satan is fighting against you to make you turn your back on God because God wants to use you in mighty ways. " Hearken to the still, small  voice of the Holy Spirit..." these are the words that I heard from God as I was praying for you.

Tone policing is not usually my style, but there is something really creepy about her tone.  Her excessive use of "honey" and "dear", her criticisms sandwiched between compliments, and her weird way of making assumptions as if they are fact is extremely unnerving.  She's trying to be all nice and grandmotherly, but it's all so superficial.  You just know that if anyone calls her out, she will tear someones head off. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »
Tone policing is not usually my style, but there is something really creepy about her tone.  Her excessive use of "honey" and "dear", her criticisms sandwiched between compliments, and her weird way of making assumptions as if they are fact is extremely unnerving.  She's trying to be all nice and grandmotherly, but it's all so superficial.  You just know that if anyone calls her out, she will tear someones head off. 

That doesn't fit my definition of tone policing, to be honest.

That fits my definition of "calling creepy out."

But then I'm a biased fucker, what else is new?

That being said, that's generally the tone that fundies take when they're concerned about non-fundies and non-<insertreligionhere>.  It's overly condescending, but that's probably how they were talked to when they had doubts as young fundies.

Sad thing is, it's superficial, not because she's intending it to be, but because she probably had to build a superficial persona in order to keep being a fundie.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet