Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 23256 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Brexit
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:55:18 pm »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:17 pm »
BRITPOCALYPSE 2016

RIP DAVID CAMERON 1912-2016 YOU TRIED

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:59 pm »
This gonna be fun.

Be funny if Breixt wins then Scotland and Northern Ireland vote to leave the UK and join the EU.

Ironbite-convince Wales to join in just for shits.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »
Yeah... if England (and let's be fair, it'd be English votes that would do it) votes to leave the EU, the Scots will hold an independence referendum the next day and would vote to leave the UK in a landslide.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »
So, thoughts: should Britain leave the EU?

Edit to clarify: I guess what I really mean is, does anyone think that it is in Britain's better interests (economic or otherwise) to stay or leave? And why?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:05:58 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:12:07 pm »
I figured it would be better to stay in the EU than leave it for the simple fact that it would basically mean Britain will shoot itself in the foot economically, plus there is the whole anti-immigrant side of the whole thing, since it seems the majority of supporters for exiting seem to be right-wingers and what not.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:57 pm »
I for one hope that Britain leaves the EU, and I hope that the very next day, the EU invokes stiff tariffs on any supplies entering Britain. As a good punishment for being dumb enough to leave.

I mean, jesus, you're an island nation, do you not see how free trade is beneficial to you?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 10:37:17 pm »
Is there a single non-racist reason to support Brexit?  As far as I can tell as an outsider the answer is no.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 10:38:51 pm »
My money is on Brexit winning, then they'll still be forced to deal with the common market but with added tariffs and an incentive for the EU to punish them economically.

The EU can be sucky but I still think they're nuts to leave personally. When it all goes south there will be tears and added xenophobia because kicking the foreigners out won't magically fix Britains woes. Probably add to them in fact.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »
I've been following it on the financial side. It seems line both the EU and Britain would both be stronger together than apart. As it is, the pound has been all over the map the past couple weeks. Hopefully this vote will stabilize that some.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 11:52:48 pm »
I'm just  hoping that BREXIT side didn't win because not only would UK hurt a lot if they leave EU but it would also hurt EU. I suppose laughing at the silly Britons who ruin their country is an option, but it's not like everyone who lives there deserves to suffer.

Besides, this is a very bad time to weaken Britain as Russia is ready to exploit such weaknesses and if Trump wins then that will make the world even more unstable.

EDIT:

BREXIT seems to have won. And the Scots have voted to stay in the EU so the possibility of Scotland leaving UK to stay in EU has already been brought up and a Scottish politician who was interviewed by BBC implied such an outcome.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:01:09 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 12:32:55 am »
HAHA BREXIT WINS
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:10 am »
Speaking as an American, seeing the far-right win from the outside is really fucking weird.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 12:56:50 am »
HAHA BREXIT WINS

I, too, am laughing. Enjoy watching your economy collapse, nationalist britbongs.

Oh look, it's already happening.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 01:04:00 am »
What are the economical consequences now that theyve buggered off. The only thing i know for sure is that tariffs will be imposed by the EU. Economics are far and away from my forte, absolutely terrible when it comes to money related terminology
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.