Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 568440 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2640 on: March 25, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »
I agree that the fandom is full of little shits, but was that big rant post really necessary, you could have just said "god, I hate this fandom".

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #2641 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »
In other news, the Japanese dub of the S2 finale aired yesterday, and the dub of the Aria was amazing:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DTks6AHF-8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DTks6AHF-8</a>

(the karaoke wasn't on the original broadcast; this is a promo video)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2642 on: March 25, 2014, 08:29:05 pm »
In other news, the Japanese dub of the S2 finale aired yesterday, and the dub of the Aria was amazing:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DTks6AHF-8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DTks6AHF-8</a>

(the karaoke wasn't on the original broadcast; this is a promo video)

That song will forever give me shivers.  WOW, it sounds good in Japanese!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2643 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:37 pm »
This recent episode brought up a interesting question.

(click to show/hide)

I doubt it. The vision she showed of Rarity completely breaking down and never doing dresses again seems like an exaggeration that Sweetie Belle would believe.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2644 on: March 26, 2014, 12:04:40 am »
Once again, why identify as a "Brony", when it was originally an derogatory term to define these homophobic, insecure fuckwits when you can use other names?

Brony is the term that stuck around at the beginning of the fandom, generally once a "term" for the fandom is accepted it generally stays forever.  It's interesting as we seem to have the opposite views on what people who designate themselves as bronies act like.  As I've been on Second Life basically every day for the past 8 months the general "brony" there is usually someone who rejects any sexual or darker content in the fandom and basically exists in a hugbox.  That is usually what I commonly see however not all of them are like that and some being rather cool once you get to know them.

Anyways, direct question Alehksunos.

Do you believe that all social justice advocates should abandon being called "social justice advocates"  due to radical fundamentalists that make up a vocal part of their base?  If not, why is it that you do not apply this to other terms of groups?

Okay, allow me to say one more thing before I never visit this thread again unless I have to, because you guys think I am a narc and I need to shut the fuck up:
  • For the fans on Second Life (a roleplaying game frequently stereotyped negatively and often looks terrible due to the incompetence of modellers), good for them. I am glad you hand out with decent fans. Some of my own friends are fans of the show and I don't consider them social outcasts. Others really don't like this show enough to where if I do come out a fan of the show I would likely expect hostility aimed toward me because these people had abysmal experiences with other fans, often away because they detest the show passionately and wish not to take part of it.
  • I really hate the term "Hugbox", speaking as an autistic person and how that word is frequently used in ableist context. It was a device built by Temple Granden to make her comfortable through college (and she still uses her hugbox to this day). I know you (possibly) have nothing against autistic people and you don't mean to use the word which has been used as an insult, but I'm just telling you to please stop using it.
  • No. Just no. I especially resent that that name ["Social Justice Warrior"] is occasionally used to vilify rational-minded people and not just a bunch of idiots whom themselves have entitlement complexes.
Okay. I said it before and I'll say it again. After all this unnecessary drama, I will stay away from this thread unless I have to (also, no more complaining about pet peeves I have with this fandom).

I honestly find it so hard to talk about this show and it makes me sad and angry.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2645 on: March 26, 2014, 03:43:26 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2646 on: March 26, 2014, 06:09:52 pm »

That is the literal dumbest idea ever.
You need to make her death look like an accident.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #2647 on: March 27, 2014, 06:15:37 pm »
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but does anyone know where I can stream MLP episodes other than on Dailymotion and Youtube? Because Dailymotion keeps having to buffer and reload and Youtube takes down the episodes.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2648 on: March 27, 2014, 11:39:26 pm »
http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/watch/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/

Granted I'm only a casual watcher so I don't know if that's all the episodes.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2649 on: March 31, 2014, 01:48:56 pm »
Sorry to go a bit off topic here but does anyone know where I can stream MLP episodes other than on Dailymotion and Youtube? Because Dailymotion keeps having to buffer and reload and Youtube takes down the episodes.

I go on animeflavor or watchcartoononline

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2650 on: April 12, 2014, 05:50:45 pm »
Was there just no new episode today? :(
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2651 on: April 12, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »

No, there was a week break.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2652 on: April 12, 2014, 08:15:54 pm »

No, there was a week break.

Yeah, it'll be back next week.  And the season finale is back to back.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2653 on: April 23, 2014, 10:03:26 pm »
Pinkie has offically replaced Rainbow Dash as worst pony

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2654 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
Pinkie has offically replaced Rainbow Dash as worst pony

Don't you declare that every episode she airs in, or have I confused you with someone else? :P Ah well.

This was a great episod, looking forward to future ones.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet