Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629102 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:25 am »
I'm living proof that religion is not an immutable characteristic.

I was a Christian.  Now I'm not :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2012, 07:11:57 am »

Ah, but you weren't a true Christian.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1142 on: May 29, 2012, 07:34:13 am »

Ah, but you weren't a true Christian.

(click to show/hide)

If anyone says that to my face, they'll be getting a fucking earful from me.

I was devout.  I believed it with all of my heart.  Everything I did was for God, not for any reward, but because it was the Right Thing (tm) to do.  What killed my faith was the constant backstabbing from the Christian leaders.  The people who were supposed to be guiding me to the right path.  My emotions were being sucked out of me like soda through a straw.  And I turned to God for solace... and he wasn't there.  He was never there.  I prayed to him every night.  I pondered "His Wisdom" and meditated on it.  And he was never there.  The only one ever there for me was myself and my family and what few friends I had.

And for a couple of years after that, I continued to believe anyways until I just couldn't anymore.

We searched for churches that had the "right doctrine", and still only darkness came... and we left good churches because of doctrine issues.

...Sorry, apparently that was a trigger for me.  Thanks for letting me get that out.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1143 on: May 29, 2012, 07:52:13 am »
Ouch, sorry if I pressed the wrong button  :(

I was just going for some overly pious spiel a fundy would give you. I didn't mean to offend  :'(

Though I went through a similar phase. I was really into Christianity and it wasn't until I was 14 that I began to question it. To start off, a friend of mine died of cancer despite the fact I prayed multiple times a day to save her, God didn't listen. Second, my church at the time decided to go on a bender against gays that made me realize that who I was couldn't be reconciled with mainstream Christianity (as gay marriage at the time was a wedge issue that propelled Bush to a second term and VA churches were trying to pressure the General assembly for a constitutional ban which they got less than two years later). So I began a cutting phase which lasted about a year until I began drinking and drug abuse; which was a really self-destructive phase that didn't end until I began transitioning last year.

So, even though if someone said something like that to me I wouldn't be too offended, I can understand how that could be a horrible thing to say :(

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1144 on: May 29, 2012, 09:23:38 am »
I didn't leave mainstream Christianity.  It left me. I'm much happier believing like I do now; which I hope is how Jesus would have originally intended it.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #1145 on: May 29, 2012, 01:34:20 pm »
...when you are not thinking about sex...
??? That doesn't really happen, does it?.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1146 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:53 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1147 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:34 pm »
I don't care what research says, abortion causes breast cancer! CANCER! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1148 on: May 29, 2012, 09:26:18 pm »
IIRC PP does do mammograms.

Another DOMA one.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1149 on: May 29, 2012, 09:33:24 pm »
That makes me angry

Saturn500

« Reply #1150 on: May 29, 2012, 09:37:18 pm »
...I'm trying to be surprised. I can't do it..

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1151 on: May 29, 2012, 09:44:58 pm »
IIRC PP does do mammograms.

Another DOMA one.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1152 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »
Isn't oral sex considered sodomy?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1153 on: May 29, 2012, 11:48:17 pm »
Not by any definition I've heard.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1154 on: May 30, 2012, 12:00:55 am »
Not by any definition I've heard.

I've heard sodomy defined as anything that isn't penis in vagina, missionary position,  woman on bottom, for procreation sex. I don't remember who said it though.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov