Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 860468 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #2220 on: July 21, 2013, 03:06:08 pm »
My wife's water just broke. Hospital told us to wait untill the morning before coming to the maternity ward unless it seems like the baby won't wait untill the morning. ;)

Particularly good news since the caesarean birth had been scheduled for monday due to some complications but my wife was already traumatized by the previous time that had to be done and in her own words has been hoping to give birth the natural way for ten years now.

This story will be updated in a day at the latest.

Fingers crossed for a safe and easy labor!
Have fun cutting the cord!

Or whatever it is you say in this situation. I'm out of my element, here.

"Don't get any shit on you!"
But let the baby get shit on. No, seriously, they did studies and found that babies that don't get shit on have much weaker immune systems. I'm not even joking.

Well, I'll be over here in the corner, vomiting up all my organs.
The miracle of childbirth! Yeah, reproduction isn't attractive all all.
I want to thank you all for your kind and sincere words.

And just to remind myself and everyone else about the magical joy of babies:

The baby hasn't been born yet. It's starting to look like it'll be surgery after all. My mother is here to take care of my firstborn so I can go visit my wife in the morning and be there as a support. (Much good that will do...)

Still hoping that they won't have to resort to surgery but the important thing is that the baby and mother can both get out of hospital, alive and healthy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2221 on: July 21, 2013, 08:04:41 pm »
Went airsofting again. The stories are too long to tell on a non-airsoft board, so I'll just point out some highlights:

* Shooting a guy's exposed gun and arm, and shooting him in the face (don't worry, everyone needs full protection at the field) when he didn't call it.

* Safety killing a person by saying "You're dead cowpoke" and pointing the gun at the back of his head. Then leaning around the corner to his friend and saying "You too."

* Hitting a guy who looked like a Hollister or A&F model, who was wearing a thin designer shirt and holding a rental gun, with 3 BBs from the shotgun straight to the chest as he was running. He fell, slid across the floor, and slammed into a piece of cover hard enough to shift its position.

* Using a door as cover and popping a kid in the face with a single shot from my pistol.

* Playing an Alamo game on the Mexican team. Bodyslammed the door to the building twice to try and get it open. Turns out a bigger guy was holding it shut with his body and I was abusing him by proxy.

* During the same Alamo game, a kid tried to throw a CO2 grenade from 10 feet into the Alamo and it bounced off the wall back at him. Cue everyone on our team screaming "SHIIIT!" and leaping for cover.

Also, I killed a lot of people. Which is a good thing.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2222 on: July 22, 2013, 07:24:10 pm »
- Got a turntable, bought 3 records from Newbury Comics, and 3 more records I ordered came today.

- Finally replaced my sneakers that were about ready to freaking disintegrate.

- Got some more ink.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2223 on: July 23, 2013, 09:22:30 pm »
Found a great tutorial video online in making your own pony cosplay ears, plus a friend gave me a really good tip in making them(she told me I should line them with craft wire).

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2224 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »
More experimenting in the kitchen! This time, I made curried chicken and quinoa. Last time I tried, it failed because I forgot salt and half the spices. However, this time: SUCCESS! Still have a long way to go before I can make it as good as my mom though, let alone as good as my grandma (they're from India, by the way), but at least I can make it properly now, so I'm pretty happy! ;D

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2225 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »
^^ Hooray!

Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2226 on: July 24, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »
I planned out a supper for myself while at the store and got the ingredients for it.  A mozzarella cheese burger (made using lean meat) with a salad on the side.  I also used a "tomato, basil, and garlic" seasoning on the meat before cooking.

I feel like an adult.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2227 on: July 24, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »
Got two applications/resumes turned in to various places, getting an interview set up for this weekend, took a TB test for another job application, discovered an awesome ambient rock/metal band, and found out I may be able to visit my friends in Austin at the end of the year. Though the amount of running around town required to do all this has been incredibly tiresome.

ETA: Oh, and I'm discussing creating a politics/religion blog with a good friend of mine. We both really, really need a more appropriate outlet for our opinions than Facebook.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:10:46 pm by Her3tiK »
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2228 on: July 25, 2013, 12:56:38 am »
Skipped work for the Mayhem Festival today.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2229 on: July 25, 2013, 02:05:51 am »
Boufriend and i are making a pork vindaloo....my hands smell like gerlic and ginger
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2230 on: July 25, 2013, 02:14:25 am »
Ermagerd! Gerlic.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2231 on: July 25, 2013, 02:17:26 am »
GERRRRR
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2232 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »
While this happened yesterday I did not post about it, I am back from Disney Land! It was a fun trip minus the rain I enjoyed myself and while I have to go back to school two weeks from now I'm not gonna let that cloud the good memories and on the bright side two weeks after school lets back in I turn 18 so yes I'm happy and a bit annoyed but mostly happy.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2233 on: July 25, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »
The rest of the vinyls I ordered came! ^_^
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2234 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:04 pm »
Met my family at a pub today. Everything on draft (which is a lot) was $4 (cheap for Canada, don't know about anywhere else). Had a couple pints and generally had a good time. Then walked around and sat down at a café, ordered some tea and baklava (I freaking love that stuff) to kill time while I waited for the alcohol to wear off before driving home. Haven't been out in a while, so it was really nice.