Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599557 times)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 12:45:09 pm »
I think very early in my school days--the early 90s--I was at least assumed to be right handed for no reason other than because everybody is and teachers defaulted to teaching me, and everybody else, with the right hand only. (Even going so far as to teach left from right by saying, 'The RIGHT is the hand you WRITE with!', which obviously didn't work out very well.) I don't really remember being FORCED to do it, just that it was automatically assumed I WOULD be right-handed. There wasn't any major drama when it became clear I was a lefty and nothing was going to change that. I was never in a class my entire school career with more than one other left-handed person and we were always relegated to the back or a corner of the room so we wouldn't hit our elbows on other people.

Not even my parents thought I was going to be left-handed. There's no one--really, NOBODY--from either branch of my family with this trait to have passed it on to me. Only one of my great-grandfathers was a lefty and he was forced to be right-handed in school. When he left school he switched back because nobody was making him do it anymore.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:51 pm »
I was never in a class my entire school career with more than one other left-handed person and we were always relegated to the back or a corner of the room so we wouldn't hit our elbows on other people.

They said it was the elbows thing, but it was really because they didn't want you to infect the other students.

In seriousness though, being a lefty did allow me to always get the best seats at the lunch table, and I was used as a secret weapon in pickup baseball games since none of the other kids knew how to pitch to me.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
Nothing like a bit of baseball to get everyone hoping you’re left-handed. :)
-A Pen Name

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »

I actually now am curios did Walker go to a private school since his legislation seems to asssume that most people didnt directly benefit from the school system.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 04:59:02 pm »
I actually now am curios did Walker go to a private school since his legislation seems to asssume that most people didnt directly benefit from the school system.

I don’t know about his elementary and high school, but he is a 4th-year college dropout from a private university.
-A Pen Name

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 05:01:25 pm »

I don’t know about his elementary and high school, but he is a 4th-year college dropout from a private university.
Still it just seems like the legislation was written by someone with no appreciation for the educational system

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »
Middle Ages? That shit went down well into the sixties and seventies. My dad's a natural lefty but is now a righty because of it.

Even longer than you think, they tried to pull that shit on me into the 80's.  Like, I remember in 85 being about 10 and having a teacher try to get me to switch from left to right.  Her excuse was that my handwriting was terrible.  My mom complained to the administration (my dad actually agreed with the teacher) and was told that she is allowed to run her class as she sees fit.
My dad was naturally left handed, but was forced to use his right hand in school and so became ambidextrous. My older brother is also left handed, though if the school tried to pull the old shit of him having to use his right hand (this was in the '80s) my dad would have pulled him out and had him home schooled, tutored, or sent to a private school so that he could use his left hand.

IIRC, handedness is determined by hormones in the womb. Also, men are more likely to be left-handed, and your natural hand preference actually corresponds to which hemisphere of your brain is larger. It's even noticeable in the womb, as one side grows faster than the other.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Vermicious Knid

• Neonate
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »
Middle Ages? That shit went down well into the sixties and seventies. My dad's a natural lefty but is now a righty because of it.

Even longer than you think, they tried to pull that shit on me into the 80's.  Like, I remember in 85 being about 10 and having a teacher try to get me to switch from left to right.  Her excuse was that my handwriting was terrible.  My mom complained to the administration (my dad actually agreed with the teacher) and was told that she is allowed to run her class as she sees fit.

It hasn't stopped. My nine-year-old nephew is a lefty and was forced in kindergarten to learn to write with his right hand. My brother and SIL just went along with it. They don't fight his handedness when it comes to baseball, though, and he's pretty damn good at the game.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »

Still it just seems like the legislation was written by someone with no appreciation for the educational system
He doesn’t have any appreciation. Plain and simple. May be part of why he dropped out of college.
-A Pen Name

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 11:15:54 pm »

He doesn’t have any appreciation. Plain and simple. May be part of why he dropped out of college.
Still hard to believe no GOP legislators had any pings of guilt

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:19 pm »

Still hard to believe no GOP legislators had any pings of guilt
Why feel guilty. The Will of the Party Must be Upheld!

Seriously, though, there seems to be this Randesque view that all the regular government employees (not the legislators themselves, of course!) are just a bunch of parasites getting in the way and causing taxes to rise. They really don’t care about what they or any other government employee except themselves do, or how vital that tax is. They see those employees as parasites that must be put in their place.
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:26 pm »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:58 pm »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

Did you get that off of the older forums? I could swear it was posted there too.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!