Author Topic: What Do You Love About FSTDT?  (Read 4016 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: What Do You Love About FSTDT?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 06:53:47 am »
I'm just here cause I promised free punch & pie after the lecture...

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
What Do You Love About FSTDT?
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 07:11:37 am »
Though I don't post much, I really enjoy reading what all of you have to say.  I feel that I learn a lot even just by reading the threads here. 
Despite the drama that occasionally pops up, I have always thought the people here are pretty damn awesome.
一期一会

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 07:41:23 am »
It hit me the other day that I've been here at least 6 years. (I was here when I started transition.) It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but it has.

I like how we talk about anything that comes up.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:58 am »
As others have said, this is a great place to hang out and I do consider a lot of you my friends.  It's also one of the few places in the world that I feel like I can truly be 100% myself.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 10:11:26 am »
I don't know, but this is most involved i've ever been in a forum, so you must be doing something right.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 12:20:08 pm »
although i'm laughably new on the forums, i've been hanging out in the boards for a really long time (a few years at least). it boils down to giving me updates on current events, especially regarding the radicalization and fundamentalization of geopolitics and religion. i consider it my way of keeping up to date to fight the good fight: peace, guys, we're human.

started as just a way to laugh, but as soon as the laugh turned to gallows humor, i promised myself this fight. i stick around in the forums because you guys can be quite civil and not always pig-headed, which makes for interesting conversations with different viewpoints.

now it's just a habit. i like you guys is all.

(also, fuck drama. it's the internet, you don't want it, you don't read it. to all drama queens, self-moderation is a virtue. too much violence in both worlds, no sense adding to it verbally or textually)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 03:50:29 pm »
I'm just here cause I promised free punch & pie after the lecture...
*punches QueenofHearts* Sorry, we're all out of pie.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 03:57:12 pm »
She (QueenofHearts) opened the door... and you (JohnE) walked right in.   ;)  Zingaloo.  The fact that the punch seemed to have come from a crazed kitty bursting through a door al la the Shining, makes it more fun.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:42 pm »
I cannot know for sure, but I suspect I would not have grown my current interest in scepticism and rationality if I hadn't found this place back when I was a stupid teenager who thought Intelligent Design made a couple good points. I am who I am, in part, because of people I met here. Even if most of them are not around anymore, and the forums have changed, part of that spirit remains. I suppose that's why, every time I leave, I end up coming back.

Plus, you're mostly reasonable people, compared to the intertubes in general.
Σא

Saturn500

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2013, 09:51:26 pm »
Plus, you're mostly reasonable people, compared to the intertubes in general.

That sums it up for me.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 02:17:46 am »
Man, I came here because I enjoyed the mainpage.  Then I tripped over folks like Ibby and L and Erictheblue up there, and met the biggest badass I knew outside of my family in Sandman.

We may fight.  We may disagree.  But fuckdammit, we're family, dysfunctional as we are.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:54 am »
I like this place because while we're all stubborn opinionated arseholes, we stick together.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline aebars

• Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 08:04:52 am »
Fundies drive me nuts, yet I can't stop reading their quotes. Like how one cannot stop staring at a car wreck. Anyone see RationalWiki's 'webshite' list? I regularly read most of the websites listed on it (and wrote most of it for that matter). Call me a sadomasochist. Coming to FSTDT, to join with others in deconstructing and mocking their bile, helps me to let off the resulting buildup of steam.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:41 am »
Of all the forums I've been to, this is one where I don't have an almost complete loathing of its userbase. Almost everybody here is sane enough for my (rather rigid) tastes.

Anyway, I've been around this site since 2009. And thanks to the introduction of another person who seeking amusing websites, and this one, which mocks the religious right and other cold-blooded fanatics, I finally found this one site that reflected me and my special hate for those assholes so much.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:38:40 am by Alehksu Kihdo »