General Category > Suggestion Box

A way of keeping track of who's who

(1/2) > >>

guizonde:
hey, i know a lot here enjoy changing names, but it tends to confuse me when i see a new name and 2k+ posts and i'm wondering who is that. would it be possible to have a thread (or a way) dedicated to keeping track of who's who? maybe in the profile stats a tag like "formerly known as xyz" or something.

Sigmaleph:
While people can change display names, the username always stays the same. You can find someone's username in their profile.

guizonde:

--- Quote from: Sigmaleph on November 28, 2014, 06:22:57 pm ---While people can change display names, the username always stays the same. You can find someone's username in their profile.

--- End quote ---

i thought you could, yet i don't know where to find it. for instance, witchyjoshy's gone by 3 or 4 names since i signed up, yet nowhere in his profile can i find his username historic or his original username, that's why i asked.

Dr. Weird:
It used to show up in the url linking to a user's profile, but somewhere along the line SMF changed that, and now it shows a user number.

It could be that Sigma sees the original username because he's the Admin.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Dr. Weird on November 30, 2014, 06:36:44 pm ---It used to show up in the url linking to a user's profile, but somewhere along the line SMF changed that, and now it shows a user number.

It could be that Sigma sees the original username because he's the Admin.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, all I see is a user number, and I suspect admin privileges are why Sigma can see user names.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version