Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 567435 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #420 on: February 12, 2012, 10:40:46 am »
Celestia's still technically inaccurate.  She's not pure white, either.  She's a very light pink--lighter than the old toys, but still pink.

Also, WANT Zecora and Nightmare Moon SO MUCH. <3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #421 on: February 12, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »
And here's why I love the blind-bags. Today's prize yielded Pinkie Pie~
Now, technically, I already have Pinkie Pie from that big 12-pack, as seen here:

But she is my very favourite. And you can never have too much Pinkie Pie. Never. ^-^
IhadtoomuchPinkiePieonce,andletmetellyou,itdoesNOTcomeouttheotherenedsonice.KindalikethatonetimeIhadtoomuchRaisinBran,andIcouldn'twaittogettothe... On second thought, I'll stop there.

Celestia's still technically inaccurate.  She's not pure white, either.  She's a very light pink--lighter than the old toys, but still pink.

Also, WANT Zecora and Nightmare Moon SO MUCH. <3
That would probably require a new type of paint vat at the factory in asia. Ain't got time or money fer that! Use the white!  :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:37:08 pm by e13 »

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #422 on: February 12, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »
Hey, now this is starting to sound familiar :)
-A Pen Name

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #423 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:27 pm »
With regards to the Daring Do TvTropes page I have to say: Some people have entirely too much time on their hands. Fawesome.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #424 on: February 12, 2012, 07:27:45 pm »
So the new toys will likely be popular with bronies.  The real questions are:

1)  Will they be popular with the target demographic?

2)  Will their popularity cause other retailers - they're Toys R Us exclusives - to want to snatch them up?  Furthermore, is the exclusivity because other retailers merely want to see a test market because they're skittish, or did Hasbro only seek to sell to Toys R Us, and didn't even bother to talk to Wal-Mart and others about this?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2012, 12:12:22 am »
So the new toys will likely be popular with bronies.  The real questions are:

1)  Will they be popular with the target demographic?

2)  Will their popularity cause other retailers - they're Toys R Us exclusives - to want to snatch them up?  Furthermore, is the exclusivity because other retailers merely want to see a test market because they're skittish, or did Hasbro only seek to sell to Toys R Us, and didn't even bother to talk to Wal-Mart and others about this?
Most "exclusives" are done for two reasons:

1. A special deal by a specific store, essentially paying EXTRA to have the deal (like my overloards at Targét did with the "Canterlot Collection").

or

2. The toy maker chose a specific place to target a limited sales demographic. Hasbro is most likely in this case skittish and doing their own "testing."

Matell, for instance, has a longstanding relationship with a small but devoted group of He-Man fans. To this day, at conventions and through their much more well-organized on-line store, they do they limited releases of Masters of the Universe and She-Ra figures.

This is based on my experience being friends with two VERY big toy collectors. One of them literally has two rooms with nothing but his toys, and took a second job just so he could pay for more toys.  :-\

Offline affirmedatheist

• Neonate
    • Writings of an Affirmed Atheist (my blog)
« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2012, 05:12:54 am »
It's nice to see some of the secondary and background ponies getting merch.

And seriously, that Nightmare Moon is awesome.

+4 to Hasbro.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2012, 11:24:33 am »
2. The toy maker chose a specific place to target a limited sales demographic. Hasbro is most likely in this case skittish and doing their own "testing."

Matell, for instance, has a longstanding relationship with a small but devoted group of He-Man fans. To this day, at conventions and through their much more well-organized on-line store, they do they limited releases of Masters of the Universe and She-Ra figures.

This is based on my experience being friends with two VERY big toy collectors. One of them literally has two rooms with nothing but his toys, and took a second job just so he could pay for more toys.  :-\

I find this funny, given the fact that Hasbro does the bulk of the Star Wars figures, including EU characters that the real geeks like myself know about...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:28 am »

I find this funny, given the fact that Hasbro does the bulk of the Star Wars figures, including EU characters that the real geeks like myself know about...
Yeah, but they are used to people going nuts over Star Wars and Transformers. People generally don’t go nuts over My Little Pony. They are cautious because they don’t know if the brony phenomenon will be as strong as the other fandoms they do deal with.
-A Pen Name

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:06 am »

Yeah, but they are used to people going nuts over Star Wars and Transformers. People generally don’t go nuts over My Little Pony. They are cautious because they don’t know if the brony phenomenon will be as strong as the other fandoms they do deal with.
Exactly. So, I'm buying crap up. Bronies apparently wiped out the grab bag ponies from the on-line Hasbro store in less than 24 hours after they went on sale, so that should give them hope.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2012, 01:59:38 am »
So I can't seem to find the area where you create a Conservapedia account.  What a shame.  I really wanted to go troll them with a big long tirade about how My Little Pony is an evil, horrible, satanic cult that promotes witchcraft and idol worship and stuff.

Does anybody have a Conservapedia account, so that they can do that?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #431 on: February 14, 2012, 02:27:41 am »
Yeah, the whole "wiping out stock" thing tends to happen when Seth/Cereal/Phoe post about it on EqD.  It amuses we pre-readers to no end.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2012, 03:16:00 am »
Well, it doesn't sound all that hilarious to me... >w> So is that why most of the hooks at my Toys "R" Us are still constantly empty despite weeks and weeks passing, and I've only ever seen the really big Rainbow Dash plush all of once? I can't even find that one on Amazon... =<  (At least I did get the Pinkie Pie variant.) They only did just get some pink Celestias, blind-bag ponies, and Crusader combo packs, like, this week, but seriously.

It sounds pretty disenheartening, because I kind of have my heart set on that new Nightmare Moon already, because she's not only important to me, but also to my ponysona character. I would probably kill for that toy, and if you think I'm exaggerating, you lay down on the butcher paper and try not to move. >w>
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline e13

• The Beast
« Reply #433 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:17 am »
Well, it doesn't sound all that hilarious to me... >w> So is that why most of the hooks at my Toys "R" Us are still constantly empty despite weeks and weeks passing, and I've only ever seen the really big Rainbow Dash plush all of once? I can't even find that one on Amazon... =<  (At least I did get the Pinkie Pie variant.) They only did just get some pink Celestias, blind-bag ponies, and Crusader combo packs, like, this week, but seriously.

It sounds pretty disenheartening, because I kind of have my heart set on that new Nightmare Moon already, because she's not only important to me, but also to my ponysona character. I would probably kill for that toy, and if you think I'm exaggerating, you lay down on the butcher paper and try not to move. >w>
Are you SURE the was a Rainbow Dash plush? The Hasbro store doesn't seem to have one, and all I've seen are Twilight and Pinkie Pie. :/

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #434 on: February 14, 2012, 09:49:12 am »

Are you SURE the was a Rainbow Dash plush? The Hasbro store doesn't seem to have one, and all I've seen are Twilight and Pinkie Pie. :/

I'm as certain as I can be with no actual proof or way to verify.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"