Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653887 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3870 on: May 13, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »
There's this thing, it's called an edit button.  Perhaps you should use it.
Well, I always thought that if enough time passes, the edit button is unnecessary.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3871 on: May 13, 2014, 06:34:38 pm »
Well, maybe wait until the thread goes to page 2 before double posting. If that ever happens.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3872 on: May 13, 2014, 06:53:05 pm »
Surely theree is an exception when posting new material. The cracker is posting new political cartoons. Can we give the cracker a break?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3873 on: May 13, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »
Surely theree is an exception when posting new material. The cracker is posting new political cartoons. Can we give the cracker a break?
And there's another reason.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3874 on: May 16, 2014, 11:29:46 am »

How we treat our veterans is a goddamn disgrace!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3875 on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:43 pm »
...Paragon.

Stop with that double posting crap. Use the edit button like everyone else does.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3876 on: May 16, 2014, 01:59:40 pm »
Why is Paragon the only one getting shit for this, especially since it's been three days since his last post?  In the history of this forum, lots of people have double-posted to bring up topics to the top when they're posting something relevant to the thread, like a new political cartoon.  That way, people know there's new content, instead of just an old post being edited.

So why is this an issue now?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3877 on: May 16, 2014, 02:05:49 pm »
He is doing it consistently.

Honestly, it annoys me no matter who does it but after a while I've began to notice that UP keeps doing it so it just rustles my jimmies. I guess others may do it as well, but either I haven't read those threads or just haven't noticed it. I am not trying to just bully one person because of it but UP's triple posting just is so easy to spot as I got used to seeing it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3878 on: May 16, 2014, 02:07:33 pm »
...Because he's done it to excess multiple times?  A doublepost or two every once in a while may be a breach of netiquette, but its not very annoying.  Triple to quintuple posting several times in a single thread?  That can get a tad vexing; especially when multiple people have asked him to use the edit feature specifically to avoid such vexation.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3879 on: May 16, 2014, 02:25:46 pm »
I understand being upset when he posts rapidly in the span of a few minutes with a single picture or so on each.  That's way too excessive.

But like I said, it'd been three days.

In fact, I'm gonna say that I get annoyed when people don't go ahead and double post after such a time period.  Why?  Because invariably, when someone responds to the thread, the forum software takes me past the updated post to the fresh new post, therefore, I miss out on the update until I have to go back for some reason, or someone quotes it and I'm like "Wait I don't remember that part being there."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3880 on: May 16, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3881 on: May 18, 2014, 06:09:41 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3882 on: May 19, 2014, 07:39:10 am »
I've always wondered what all the hub-ub was about, or how you'd even tell that he's gay on the pitch.  American football is the most homoerotic sport since professional wrestling...I doubt anyone would be able to see the difference between a gay player and a straight one.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3883 on: May 19, 2014, 07:43:46 am »
I've always wondered what all the hub-ub was about, or how you'd even tell that he's gay on the pitch.  American football is the most homoerotic sport since professional wrestling...I doubt anyone would be able to see the difference between a gay player and a straight one.
If the straight players act like this, then OH MY GOD, what are the queers going to do in the end zone when they score a touch down!?!  ::)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3884 on: May 19, 2014, 07:49:16 am »
If the straight players act like this, then OH MY GOD, what are the queers going to do in the end zone when they score a touch down!?!  ::)

Hey, that might actually make football interesting enough to be just barely watchable.  Maybe.