Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1630734 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1560 on: August 01, 2012, 08:36:44 pm »
Three words:

Blue Dog Democrats.

The last word is Democrat. Even they would not so snub the party as to join a partisan fillibuster of an election promise. Okay, so you've got past the fillibuster, now you need 50 senators and the VP. The Republicans and their stooges can vote against all they want, won't matter.

All the same, it didn’t turn out that way, did it?

Why? Obama was an idiot who wanted to "change politics" and not bully and strong arm. People complain about lock-step politics, and when someone tries not to use them, they get criticized and punished for it.

This. I'd also suggest that he's a fairly extreme conservative.

But he is still a Democrat, right?
-A Pen Name

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1561 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:31 pm »
Three words:

Blue Dog Democrats.

The last word is Democrat. Even they would not so snub the party as to join a partisan fillibuster of an election promise. Okay, so you've got past the fillibuster, now you need 50 senators and the VP. The Republicans and their stooges can vote against all they want, won't matter.

All the same, it didn’t turn out that way, did it?

Obama never asked them.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1562 on: August 02, 2012, 12:59:11 am »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1563 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:58 am »
^ should that be in "Worst" here?  I don't see any problem with it.  Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.  Just wondering.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1564 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:42 am »
You're right, wrong thread.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1565 on: August 02, 2012, 10:06:04 am »

Yes - because an organized army with flintlock rifles = a single paranoid nut with 20 assault rifles...

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1566 on: August 02, 2012, 10:38:37 am »
Given that their goal was to dissolve an old power structure and break down traditional political (and religious, given that the King was the head of the Church of England) ties, it's also pretty inaccurate to call them 'right-wing'.  There can be no doubt that they were conservative by today's standards (see slavery), but for their time, they were arguably radically, revolutionarily, progressive.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1567 on: August 02, 2012, 10:53:31 am »
not sure seeing how the Brits offered freedom to slaves who fought for them (no matter what Mel Gibson says)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1568 on: August 02, 2012, 11:20:44 am »
The British offered freedom to individual slaves of Patriots who left their masters and fought for the Loyalists.  Several Northern colonies/states also offered to free slaves who fought for their side, as did many individual slave owners on both sides (though this promise was often broken).  Nonetheless, Great Britain didn't abolish slavery in the Empire as a whole until 1833, more than half a century after the American Revolution ended.  The British did not intend to end slavery as a whole in the American colonies.

The point is that, even though the antislavery movement did already exist by the 1770s, slavery was still legal and widely socially acceptable.  As time went on, and ideas about race relations and human rights became more progressive, slavery became less and less acceptable and was slowly banned by more and more nations.  The Founding Fathers were generally more conservative than modern society, as can be seen in the example of their support for or tolerance of slavery.  However, judging political philosophies requires looking at the society in which they existed.  Conservatives in the late 1700s were monarchists, while radicals supported constitutions and republics.  So, in the reality of their time, most of those who fought for independence from Britain were really radical leftists who were committed to challenging the old order and authoritarianism.

I'm not trying to say that Washington and Jefferson would be Democrats if they were alive today.  We can't make that judgement, because too much has changed in the past two and a half centuries.  I just take issue with the right-wing assertion that the Founding Fathers were all conservatives.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1569 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:44 am »

Yes - because an organized army with flintlock rifles = a single paranoid nut with 20 assault rifles...

Now I'm not for as much for the gun control measures that people, liberals in particular, like to jump on after a shooting occurs(I have no problem with some gun control measures, I just don't buy into the panic), I would rather see better mental health care awareness and whatnot, especially if it's coming from pro-gun groups. But conservatives need to understand there are huge differences between the guns of today, and guns from 250 years ago, it could serveral minutes to load one of the guns used in the revolutionary war, while now you can load a gun in a matter of secords.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1570 on: August 02, 2012, 01:27:05 pm »
Those soldiers were from the government, they're qualified.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1571 on: August 02, 2012, 02:02:41 pm »
Those soldiers were from the government, they're qualified.

Listen Obamacare is basically what the king of freemarket Switzerland did

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1572 on: August 02, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »
I love how they call him a marxist and he hasn't done anything that is remotely marxist.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1573 on: August 02, 2012, 06:09:06 pm »
They don’t know the first thing about Marxism.
-A Pen Name

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1574 on: August 02, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »
Hey, dumbass, the Red Scare was over and done with 20 years ago.  We're on to Muslims now, pay attention.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.