Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511245 times)

Distind

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2535 on: May 26, 2013, 10:36:28 am »
If you're willing to game the system oblivion can be stupidly easy. Set any combat or athletic skills as non class skills, any skills you'll never use setup as class skills. They'll take longer to improve, but enemies won't level up when you do it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2536 on: May 26, 2013, 03:43:38 pm »
Morrowind has the same problem, actually, since it has the exact same level system.  The only difference is that the enemy scaling isn't as pants-on-head retarded.

(Funny thing is, people's complaints about Skyrim is that the enemies don't scale high enough.)

That being said, the wonderful thing about playing on a PC (which I assume is the case) is that you can use mods.  Realistic Leveling for Oblivion and Gardensia's Character Development for Morrowind.  These effectively remove the need to consult a spreadsheet every time you want to level up.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #2537 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »
The wait for Animal Crossing: New Leaf is killing me. ._.; I fully paid off the game nearly a year ago. Still 2 weeks left...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2538 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37:49 pm »
I'm a few missions along in Assassin's Creed 2, and WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT INTRO FOR? Other than to make me want to gore the crap out of Lucy, I mean.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2539 on: May 26, 2013, 05:20:22 pm »
The level up system is that broken, it needs a mod fix? I hope the rest of the game isn't that broken :P

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2540 on: May 26, 2013, 07:24:43 pm »
The level up system is that broken, it needs a mod fix? I hope the rest of the game isn't that broken :P

As much as Morrowind players don't want to admit it, most of everything they criticized about Oblivion can be applied to Morrowind, too, including the easily-exploitable and easily-exploited-by leveling system.

But does it need the fix?  no, the games are perfectly playable without modding.  It's just that... why the hell would you buy a post-Daggerfall Elder Scrolls game if you didn't intend to use mods at one point?  That's like buying Minecraft and refusing to build projects.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2541 on: May 26, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

As much as Morrowind players don't want to admit it, most of everything they criticized about Oblivion can be applied to Morrowind, too, including the easily-exploitable and easily-exploited-by leveling system.

But does it need the fix?  no, the games are perfectly playable without modding.  It's just that... why the hell would you buy a post-Daggerfall Elder Scrolls game if you didn't intend to use mods at one point?  That's like buying Minecraft and refusing to build projects.
Weeeeeeell, there are folks who play TES games on things other than the PC.  I first played Morrowind on the Xbox, Oblivion on the 360, and have only played Skyrim on the 360, as well.

That said, Oblivion has one huge thing over Morrowind: the combat system in Oblivion won't have you screaming at cliff racers until you black out.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2542 on: May 26, 2013, 11:31:04 pm »
That said, Oblivion has one huge thing over Morrowind: the combat system in Oblivion won't have you screaming at cliff racers until you black out.

Believe it or not, Morrowind gamers consider that one of the flaws of Oblivion.

Apparently, if a game isn't frustrating, it's bad, but if it is frustrating, it's good.

Because artificial difficulty in Morrowind is so much more real than "artificial" difficulty in Skyrim :-/

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2543 on: May 27, 2013, 02:59:27 am »
Why do you think I almost totally avoid gaming and fandom forums of all kinds?  Been burned twice, I'm not doin it a third time.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2544 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:33 am »
I'm replaying Bioshock, the first one, as I have no interest in the second or third.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2545 on: May 27, 2013, 09:59:40 am »
I dunno, I quite liked the second Bioshock. what didn't you like about it?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2546 on: May 27, 2013, 01:22:24 pm »
I'm replaying Bioshock, the first one, as I have no interest in the second or third.

Second's alright but the third has nothing, at all, to do with Rapture.

Ironbite-that's a plus btw.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2547 on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:58 pm »
I dunno, I quite liked the second Bioshock. what didn't you like about it?

I didn't like the story at all. 

Second's alright but the third has nothing, at all, to do with Rapture.  Plus it was really glitchy, unless that was just my game.

That's a reason I'm not interested in it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2548 on: May 28, 2013, 10:52:50 am »

Second's alright but the third has nothing, at all, to do with Rapture.

I wouldn't say nothing. Being as non-spoilery as possible.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2549 on: May 28, 2013, 09:53:38 pm »
Okay, Necromancers on Ultima Online are too damned fun for their own good.  A little proper kit, which I just happened to have lying about, and that's all I've needed to carve thru tons of bastards.  Its amazing what a few skeletons can do.  To an ettin.