Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509818 times)

Distind

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2625 on: June 11, 2013, 08:30:01 pm »
I got an email from Microsoft talking about the Xbox One.

They're offering an exclusive controller and achievement if you pre-order. A ruddy achievement. Wonder what it'll say?
"I pre ordered the Xbone and all I got was a lousy achievement"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2626 on: June 11, 2013, 09:27:33 pm »

They're offering an exclusive controller and achievement if you pre-order. A ruddy achievement. Wonder what it'll say?

Probably only worth 100 points anyway.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2627 on: June 11, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
As someone who hates console wars, I seriously don't get why people are saying the PS4 "destroyed" the Xbox One.  Other than the price and the drm/used-games debacle, they're practically the same damn system.  Both are big bulky black blocks (say that ten times fast), have almost the same specs, have subscription based internet connection, have only a couple currently announced exclusives, have a motion camera kinecty thing, etc.

If you look past the price and drm/used games thing, they are equal.  And this is coming from someone who owns a 360 and agrees with Sony about how used games and drm should work.

Anywho, as far as games go so far this was my impressions:

Halo 5 trailer was... different.  Why the hell is Chief wearing a poncho over his armor?

Watchdogs looked pretty interesting. I was definitely intrigued by the concept of smartphone hacking in a game.

The Order looked weird but interesting.

Elder Scrolls Online still looks freaking epic.

Battlefield 4 looked just... WOW.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSykcTGrNc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSykcTGrNc</a>
When that building collapses I was like OH, SHIT!

Also, HOLY FUCK do I need Destiny NOW!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBO_igyh8DY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBO_igyh8DY</a>

Also, I thought it was pretty amusing watching both Microsoft and Destiny have technical problems while showing off a game.  Microsoft had to restart the Battlefield trailer because it started with no sound, and then Sony had the Assassin's Creed 4 demo freeze on them about 3/4 of the way through.

Lastly, this was the funniest thing ever.  "Welcome to hell."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLAiNUUEFao" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLAiNUUEFao</a>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:07:39 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2628 on: June 11, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »
Other than the price and the drm/used-games debacle, they're practically the same damn system.

Well, that's pretty much the big problem. The Xbox One wouldn't be receiving so much bad press if they weren't doing something that was downright hostile to the gaming community. It speaks very poorly of their opinion on the market that they're supposed to be catering to.

Edit: Frankly, I'm damn excited for the Battlefield 4 multiplayer. I don't give two shits about the single player (if it's anything like the previous game, it'll be a lot of cliches and setpieces that I can't be arsed to care about), but we need more good, large-scale multiplayer. War games always seem to have problems getting the large and small stuff to mesh together: small scale stuff like Call of Duty gets in a lot of detail in the infantry work and close combat, but tends to either keep things small or feels awkward when they try to have you play at a very large scale, while large scale stuff like ARMA works well for long range fighting and heavy vehicle usage, but feels underwhelming and clunky up close and tends to lack a lot of detail due to making areas so large.

This seems to actually be nailing the idea of a very large scale fight and allowing for the individual soldier to have a highly immersive and detailed experience simultaneously.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:15:39 pm by chitoryu12 »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2629 on: June 11, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »
I'm really interested in Final Fantasy 15 (originally Versus 13), considering I've been waiting for a single player final fantasy to be really interested in since 10.  Seeing how it's the team behind Kingdom Hearts making it(the reason it's taken so long for KH3) I doubt it's going to be a total mess like 13.

Offline Carnotaurus

• Neonate
« Reply #2630 on: June 11, 2013, 11:58:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2KNyaoNV4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2KNyaoNV4</a>

All of my happiness  ;D

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2631 on: June 12, 2013, 12:23:25 am »

Probably something about how you're the biggest sucker in the universe?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #2632 on: June 12, 2013, 12:35:33 am »
The Dragon Age 3 teaser looked epic...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2633 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:45 am »
One thing that they announced a few days ago that I'm excited about is that they are making Mirrors Edge 2.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2634 on: June 12, 2013, 01:07:49 am »

Probably.

I'm still bouncing over BATTLEFROOOOOOOOOONT.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2635 on: June 12, 2013, 01:17:36 am »

Probably.

I'm still bouncing over BATTLEFROOOOOOOOOONT.

I have to say, this is exactly how a Star Wars game should be made: Frostbite 3. I'm willing to bet that it'll look and play spectacularly.

And imagine the potential for destructible environments.

Edit: Watching the gameplay demo for The Division. Aaaaand I came.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:23:08 am by chitoryu12 »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2636 on: June 12, 2013, 05:29:19 am »
I'll be excited for Battlefront if it's released on the 360.  I have a feeling though that it'll be a next-gen game, but I hope I'm wrong.  I wonder if they finally figured out the Red Ring problem and precented it with the new XBOX.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2637 on: June 12, 2013, 05:40:07 am »
I'll be excited for Battlefront if it's released on the 360.  I have a feeling though that it'll be a next-gen game, but I hope I'm wrong.  I wonder if they finally figured out the Red Ring problem and precented it with the new XBOX.

Well, they eventually learned their lesson and redesigned the 360 to have actual, working heat sinks that didn't direct painfully hot air over the vital components. So hopefully THAT problem is gone.

The question is whether the ridiculous decisions involving the DRM and hostility toward renting, used games, and the sharing of physical discs are indicative of a general lack of care with the rest of the system.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2638 on: June 12, 2013, 06:11:45 am »
The newer slims don't have the RRoD from what I know. SO yeah.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2639 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:37 am »
That's good, though I still have no desire for an XBOX One for a while.  One again, I'm hoping Battlefront is on the 360, but I'm not counting on it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"