Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511283 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2895 on: July 22, 2013, 12:38:04 am »
Since tomorrow's the last day of the Summer Sale, allow me to sum up my purchases:

(click to show/hide)

I'd say I got all the games I've wanted for the time being. See you next season, when my wallet's fatter.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:39:49 am by Alehksu Kihdo »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2896 on: July 22, 2013, 12:44:57 am »
Well, all I spent on the sale was $2.50 on Kairo. I have to say, Steam sales just aren't as great as they used to be.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2897 on: July 22, 2013, 12:54:19 am »
I got Super Meat Boy, Total War Shogun 2 and SimCity 4
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2898 on: July 22, 2013, 04:09:26 am »
Unreal II: The Awakening

Tell me how it is on the PC. I have it on the original Xbox, and it's fun for a bit but it's pretty primitive compared to modern shooters. I still beat the whole thing, and I'm disappointed that a lot of stuff (like the ability to wander around the ship and at least one weapon) was completely cut out and relegated to mandatory cutscenes with all of the crewmembers before each mission.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2899 on: July 22, 2013, 04:55:59 am »
God damn it!  Minecraft.net went down, and right as I was in the middle of wiring up our wind turbines and solar panels.  So much power not being put into the system because somebody just had to crash...Mojang.

That awkward moment when, on the Minecraft server you're playing on, you're more powerful (outside commands) than the server admin.

Coincidence?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2900 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »
Unreal II: The Awakening

Tell me how it is on the PC. I have it on the original Xbox, and it's fun for a bit but it's pretty primitive compared to modern shooters. I still beat the whole thing, and I'm disappointed that a lot of stuff (like the ability to wander around the ship and at least one weapon) was completely cut out and relegated to mandatory cutscenes with all of the crewmembers before each mission.

I'll get to playing Unreal II once I'm done with both the original Unreal and the Return to Na Pali expansion pack. And once that's done, I'll share my experience with the PC UII and if the Xbox UII is any different.

(Yes, I'm one of those people who prefer to play through the earlier games than to skip to the sequels.)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2901 on: July 22, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »
God damn it!  Minecraft.net went down, and right as I was in the middle of wiring up our wind turbines and solar panels.  So much power not being put into the system because somebody just had to crash...Mojang.

That awkward moment when, on the Minecraft server you're playing on, you're more powerful (outside commands) than the server admin.

Coincidence?

Haha, the admin wouldn't fuck with the guy responsible for, like...half his infrastructure.  Seriously, I expanded the Applied Energistics system to where it can actually handle the load its given, I've created a total of 24 wind turbines, around half the solar power, the BuildCraft fuel refinery system, the rubber farm, cocoa farm (for MineFactory Reloaded biofuel), wheat + sugar cane farm, the current incarnation of our freaking water supply, at least 3 GregTech machines (which are whores to make, much less set up or automate), and a TON of other shit.  Hell, I'm almost single-handedly solving our iron deficit through sheer brute-force mining.

Rule No. 1: Don't screw with your hardest worker.

That, and Minecraft.net is back up and all's well, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2902 on: July 22, 2013, 02:08:09 pm »
Started digging through my old PSX disks, and found my scratched-as-fuck-but-still-working copy of Doom. the Playstation port of Doom is the greatest console port in the history of man, the new lighting effects and ambient soundtrack make it almost a completely different kind of game, it feels like a survival horror, especially on higher difficulties. sadly the game didn't have DualShock support, so you're stuck with the D-PAD. still, a fantastic game.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2903 on: July 22, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »
So I'm playing through Mass Effect 3 on my trilogy run of the series, and I got to the rachni mission with Grunt.  I had James and Garrus in the shuttle with me, and even though I killed the rachni queen in the first game of this playthrough, Garrus and Shep talked about how he spared the queen.  I was like "WTF?", and went online, and apparently this is actually a fairly common glitch. :P
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #2904 on: July 22, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »
Yeah, ME 3 is filled with weird glitches.  Apparently, the game gets mad at me whenever I go to the shooting range by forcing me to stare at the corner of the room.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2905 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:34 pm »
PORTAL AND PORTAL 2 PLEASE!

What's your Steam ID?

E: nm, saw your post in the Steam thread. Accept my invite and I'll send them to you.

Sent, enjoy :)
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2906 on: July 22, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »
Yeah, ME 3 is filled with weird glitches.  Apparently, the game gets mad at me whenever I go to the shooting range by forcing me to stare at the corner of the room.

Hahaha, never encountered that one before.

My favorite one is talking to Liara about escaping the Illusive Man with her Shadow Broker equipment.  At one point Glyph (the info-drone) says something, Shepard looks over, and Shep keeps looking to the side for the rest of the conversation, even though Liara is in front of him.  I've gotten that like EVERY playthrough.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
« Reply #2907 on: July 23, 2013, 01:24:02 am »
Well Steam's Summer Sale has ended and i managed to snag some stuff:

Borderlands 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 3
SR2
Civilization V
HL2: Ep 1 & 2

and got Super Meat Boy and Terraria as a gift.
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #2908 on: July 23, 2013, 06:40:03 am »

Hahaha, never encountered that one before.

My favorite one is talking to Liara about escaping the Illusive Man with her Shadow Broker equipment.  At one point Glyph (the info-drone) says something, Shepard looks over, and Shep keeps looking to the side for the rest of the conversation, even though Liara is in front of him.  I've gotten that like EVERY playthrough.

My biggest glitches are sually game freezes.  I very rarely have one where the characters just do something strange.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2909 on: July 23, 2013, 08:57:38 am »
The PC version of FFVII has a few nice bonuses and a bizarre issue of not having the original music