Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511462 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4260 on: February 19, 2014, 11:11:53 am »
Banished was released yesterday.  Has anyone played it yet?  Is it any good?  There doesn't seem to be many reviews for it yet.  It hasn't got a critic's score on Metacritic yet either but it's player score is 9.2.

While I'm at it, how good was Sim City 4?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4261 on: February 19, 2014, 11:34:28 am »
I'm actually looking at Banished on Steam right now, and I'm tempted to snag it...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4262 on: February 19, 2014, 11:40:14 am »
Yeah me too, although I shouldn't as I've already spent too much this month already.  But, despite not owning many, I do like games where you build/create things.  so many hours lost playing Theme Park and Theme Hospital back in the day.  And of course, Sim City 2000.  Good times.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4263 on: February 19, 2014, 12:45:46 pm »
humble indie bundle has Dust so go buy it now

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4264 on: February 19, 2014, 12:47:54 pm »
Isn't Dust more akin to DayZ though, just with the crafting already implemented?

Edit:  Just realised I'm thinking of Rust lmao.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:55:23 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4265 on: February 19, 2014, 03:53:25 pm »
Dust is amazing, even at standard full price.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4266 on: February 19, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »
I meant dust an elysian tail

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4267 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »
Personally, I'd highly recommend it.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4268 on: February 19, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »

Of all the games I've played in that series, Sim City 4 has to be the best. For once, you can build cities that weren't an oversimplified mess (but then again I got too used to the realistic layouts of cities, unlike the previous installments, so I'm biased here), and best of all, it's single player.

I was so sad when I heard Electronic Arts pulled so much of Maxis' work out of their hands and fucked the recent game all up to where it is nearly unplayable. I know, it's Electronic Arts and they're amongst some of the greediest game developers on the face of the planet, but on their part that has been the biggest dick-move on their part since making Dungeon Keeper into a Clash of Clan clone, even making it substantially worse.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4269 on: February 19, 2014, 10:56:35 pm »
Honestly I think they should have renamed Sim City into Sim City State kept the sizes from 4 but add in the micromanagement

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4270 on: February 20, 2014, 05:40:02 am »
I get bored in sim city 4. Just a bit too easy and not enough stuff was consequentisl
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4271 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41:17 am »
Man, the writing in Planescape: Torment is absolutely fantastic. It's like Knights of the Old Republic 2, but actually a completed game and with some very Hindu/Buddhist themes thrown in for good measure.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #4272 on: March 02, 2014, 09:10:40 pm »
A wave of nostalgia just hit me like a truck. Suddenly Fury3 and TerminalVelocity!

Terminal Velocity was developed by Terminal Reality and Fury3 was developed by Terminal Reality and Microsoft. Fury3 was the spiritual successor to Terminal Velocity not a sequel. Terminal-Reality is more known for BloodRayne and Ghostbusters: The Video Game. Due to declining game quality the studio closed down in 2013, the reasons why are all too common in the video games industry. Shit management. At least EA did not buy them and shit on them.

Obligatory music remixes, remakes!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4273 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:30 am »
I bought the Humble Indie Bundle 11, and so far have completed Antichamber. It's really mind screwy and fun.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4274 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:52 am »
Been playing Skyrim on the 360, and I keep wanting a DLC that takes me to the Summerset Isles soooooooo badly.  I see it there, and its like its one, big target screaming "PLEASE BURN ME!"  I wish to oblige it, and every filthy fucking gold-skin I encounter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.