Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507065 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4530 on: June 19, 2014, 03:55:56 pm »
I loved the first two Witcher games, people say the combat in 1 was weird but I dug it.

Also I'm pretty sure you can still redeem the CD keys you get from steam on GOG.com to get DRM-free copies.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4531 on: June 19, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »
I think i have The Witcher already. Might be on disc tho. Didn't it get a mac port the other year?

Might pick up LEGO Marvel since its in the sale.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4532 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:44 pm »
Phil Fish strikes me as a having a terminal case of being a twat.

Not even Notch is as bad as Fish.  Notch is just incompetent, Fish is an outright prick.

Fish also outright HATES Cactus, the guy that made Hotline Miami.  Why? because he's more popular than Fish is for the game he made.  There's also a Take That in Hotline Miami that there's a fish mask... named Phil.  What's it do? turns all the dialogue French.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4533 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:51 am »
Phil Fish strikes me as a having a terminal case of being a twat.

Not even Notch is as bad as Fish.  Notch is just incompetent, Fish is an outright prick.

Fish also outright HATES Cactus, the guy that made Hotline Miami.  Why? because he's more popular than Fish is for the game he made.  There's also a Take That in Hotline Miami that there's a fish mask... named Phil.  What's it do? turns all the dialogue French.

Aye, I knew of the Phil Fish mask, but I didn't know he was a prick to Cactus.  Seriously, Hotline Miami is loved by many for a good reason: its a callback to all our childhoods spent playing aggressively difficult retro games mixed with gory action and good, old-fashioned mind-fuckery.  Fez, from what I've seen of it, seems to have gotten famous because it had a neat little gimmick.  Gimmicks get old, great games do not.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #4534 on: June 20, 2014, 09:27:12 am »
Got Hotline Miami on the steam sale, for a few euro it's an absolute bargain, a fantastic brawler with a touch of strategy needed, definitely gonna pick up the upcoming sequel.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #4535 on: June 20, 2014, 05:41:22 pm »
Also I'm pretty sure you can still redeem the CD keys you get from steam on GOG.com to get DRM-free copies.

Really? I may have to grab them if that's true.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4536 on: June 20, 2014, 06:51:38 pm »
Got Hotline Miami on the steam sale, for a few euro it's an absolute bargain, a fantastic brawler with a touch of strategy needed, definitely gonna pick up the upcoming sequel.

Hotline Miami, like The Wolf Among Us, is good even at base cost.  Throw it in a steam sale and you'll make BANK even more than usual!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4537 on: June 20, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »
I've actually found a use for those Summer Adventure trading cards. Each one sells for around 30 cents (after Valve's cut). There's easily enough time to get around $2 together if you're diligent about voting for the community choice. That's enough to get a new game if you stick to the daily deals or flash sales.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4538 on: June 21, 2014, 03:57:17 am »
I decided to spend the 3 bucks that Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magic Obscura cost on GOG.

Instead of doing what I usually do, which is create a mage, this time I'm going to start with a tech character.  I've heard that tech characters are generally harder, but I don't really care.

I'm not sure what type of tech character to make, though.  Melee, or ranged?  I've got a lot to learn about this game before I start playing...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #4539 on: June 21, 2014, 07:28:47 am »
I've actually found a use for those Summer Adventure trading cards. Each one sells for around 30 cents (after Valve's cut). There's easily enough time to get around $2 together if you're diligent about voting for the community choice. That's enough to get a new game if you stick to the daily deals or flash sales.

Some of the stuff you can earn in the sales from badges can be valuable as well over time. A skin I had gotten for realm of the mad god during the winter sale went for around 12 dollars when it had a worth of about a 1.50 back then.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4540 on: June 21, 2014, 07:49:55 am »
Ive bought Shogun 2 fall of the samurai so far. Im debating getting Payday 2 since my boyfriend also wants to get it
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4541 on: June 21, 2014, 08:58:40 am »
Payday 2 is a great game.

Ironbite-though the AI at times can be unforgiving.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4542 on: June 21, 2014, 11:39:51 am »
Definitely get Payday and all the DLC since all but the newest DLC are on sale with it. I fucking love the game and am actually buying the newest DLC as we speak. If you do get it, my Steam name is the same as my name here.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #4543 on: June 21, 2014, 12:01:57 pm »
Oh shit, Metal Slug is on Steam? instant buy.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4544 on: June 21, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »
Payday 2 is a great game.

Ironbite-though the AI at times can be unforgiving.

Yeah and it's hard to play in groups unless you know the people as they just love kicking for no reason.  On Single Player, I think I spent most of my time either hitting the mall or the Four Stores.  Also, the random items idea is annoying.  20 masks and no silencers?  At least I got me a Cthulhu mask.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"