Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508885 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5040 on: October 18, 2014, 01:11:53 am »
I bet Fox News is gonna be all over this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs</a>
I doubt Fox news would get involved.

I do bet The Amazing Atheist and various other fighters of those fucking PC faggots will defend it though.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5041 on: October 18, 2014, 01:18:27 am »
I unlocked all the characters in smash Bros 3ds and am now working on clothing, moves, etc.  I just spent 2 days trying to unlock a move for Ganondorf before realizing I had already done so (Wizard's Foot, though it was called Wizard's Dropkick online). 

I also bought another copy for my wife for an anniversary present.  It's so romantic to be kicking ***, side-by-side, with the one you love!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5042 on: October 18, 2014, 03:59:56 am »
Game Dev Tycoon is still a good game.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5043 on: October 18, 2014, 07:46:59 am »
I dunno, the only thing that bothers me about Hatred is that they stole my damned idea.  I think its a work of art, and I'm actually kinda glad someone's giving the finger, in the biggest way possible, to all the moralistic whinging that goes on re the gaming industry.  Let me put it this way, if someone can stick a plastic crucifix in a jar and fill said jar with their own piss and have it deemed art and defended as such, then this game, which is no different, should be allowed the same privilege.  If you don't like a painting, you just don't look at said painting; if you don't like a game, then how about just not playing the damned game?  Vote with your wallet and all that.  Stop bitching that people are making art you don't like and enjoy whatever art you do like, instead.  You'll be a hell of a lot healthier and live a lot longer.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5044 on: October 18, 2014, 12:12:42 pm »
I dunno, the only thing that bothers me about Hatred is that they stole my damned idea.  I think its a work of art, and I'm actually kinda glad someone's giving the finger, in the biggest way possible, to all the moralistic whinging that goes on re the gaming industry.  Let me put it this way, if someone can stick a plastic crucifix in a jar and fill said jar with their own piss and have it deemed art and defended as such, then this game, which is no different, should be allowed the same privilege.  If you don't like a painting, you just don't look at said painting; if you don't like a game, then how about just not playing the damned game?  Vote with your wallet and all that.  Stop bitching that people are making art you don't like and enjoy whatever art you do like, instead.  You'll be a hell of a lot healthier and live a lot longer.
Are you one of those people who enjoys "A Serbian Film"?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5045 on: October 18, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs</a>

...So, basically this is yet another Postal game? Because that is what it seems like.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5046 on: October 18, 2014, 12:33:02 pm »
Does anybody notice that the logo sorta looks like Doom's logo?

Doom 4 confirmed.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5047 on: October 18, 2014, 12:35:25 pm »

Never seen it, only heard about it because Deimos mentioned it quite a bit a while back.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5048 on: October 18, 2014, 12:52:16 pm »

Never seen it, only heard about it because Deimos mentioned it quite a bit a while back.
Judging by your love of "Hatred" you'd enjoy it.

You might also like "Food Fight". 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:59:50 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5049 on: October 18, 2014, 12:59:29 pm »

...So, basically this is yet another Postal game? Because that is what it seems like.
Nah, it's some game created by some neo-nazis that's meant to be some big "Anti-PC" statement. Everyone's mocking it for the fact it's basically "Emo deviantart member from 2007: The Game"
 A bunch or neckbeards are defending it because >Muh freedoms of speach or some bullshit.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:01:11 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5050 on: October 18, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »
It just looks like a really crappy game, to me.  I have better things to play.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5051 on: October 18, 2014, 01:41:05 pm »
Wait, this is actually created by Neo Nazis?

EDIT: The devs apparently live in Poland, which would make that awfully sobering if they were. Apparently, they're some devs from the Farm 51 which makes this very interesting.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:44:15 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5052 on: October 18, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

Nah, Postal was much more tongue-in-cheek.

ETA: I did some more research on this game, and apparently Madman was right.  It looks like this is being made by Neo-Nazis!  I can't be the only one reminded of Ethnic Cleansing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:09:06 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5053 on: October 18, 2014, 02:21:03 pm »
All discussion of nazis and freedom of speech aside, it looks like a shitty game. The tone is "wangsty twelve-year-old" with zero self awareness, the premise (kill everyone for the sake of killing everyone) is stupid, and a lot of the camera angles shown in the trailer make the game look awkward and hard to navigate. And that's just the trailer, which we can safely assume is the best part of the whole experience. Overall, a poor concept poorly designed, executed poorly. Ignore it, and it will fade into obscurity.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:22:36 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #5054 on: October 18, 2014, 03:03:57 pm »
The game creators say the whole thing is a statement against political correctness, never a good sign!

This is the best statement for "political correctness" these wannabe fascists could make. Show just how much empathy and self-awareness they have.

I do bet The Amazing Atheist and various other fighters of those fucking PC faggots will defend it though.

By which you mean, defend it from any journalist or fellow Internet nobody that would dare direct criticism toward it and its concept. And MAYBE, to a considerably lesser extend, from the actual campaigns of censorship that will inevitably come and, for the most part, fail.