Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 828327 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #645 on: June 09, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
I became an uncle. At 8:03 last night, my sister-in-law gave birth (through C-section) to a girl. She was about 2 weeks early and is a little small, but is otherwise healthy.

My fiancee came home from work and said I needed to get ready to go out, since we needed to leave when her mom got home.
"Why do we need to go to Woodbridge?"
"Nikki is in labor."

As crazy as it sounds, my first two thoughts (in this order) were "at least she didn't wait until Sunday," which is my birthday, and "oh crap, their dad is at a reenactment!" (My father-in-law does Civil War Reenacting.) My fiancee had already called her father, so that was taken care of. Ironically enough, he somehow ended up right behind as when we got close to the hospital. (He said later he wasn't sure exactly how to get to the hospital since he was coming in from a different direction. The he saw my mother-in-law's PT Cruiser, which has bat wings and bunny ears, and fell in behind us.)

My brother-in-law met us outside and walked us in. Nikki's first words to us were "I'm having a C-section. Contractions suck." The C-section was because every time she rolled over, the baby's heart rate dropped, then would gradually come back up and stabilize. Soon after, they wheeled her into the OR, and about 45 minutes after that, a nurse came out and told us we could see the baby in the nursery. We bolted.

It took about 2 hours to do all the check-ups because the computer was giving them fits. Of course, we couldn't tell what was going on; all we knew is the nurses would point to the computer and look concerned. (My BiL told us later the computer would randomly pull up the files of other babies.) She has a set of lungs on her! There is sound-proof glass between the nursery and the hallway, but at times, you could hear her screaming through the glass.

She already has my BiL wrapped around her very tiny pinkie finger. He told us later than when she starts dating, he'll be sitting on the porch, loading his Glock (which he does not own), saying "I don't mind going back to prison." (He's never been in prison.)

Note: Technically, none of the relationships listed are actual ones since I haven't yet married my fiancee. But since everyone treats us like we're married, I'm going to use the terms
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #646 on: June 09, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »
I got to pet a porcupine!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #647 on: June 09, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »
After about a year of near misses I finally got to see the awesome Clanadonia rock Buchanan Street today (video isn't mine, unfortunately):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8WUzvaTFsU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8WUzvaTFsU</a>

QueenofHearts

« Reply #648 on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »
I bought this  :)

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #649 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »
Manged to get some books relevant to my dissertation on the cheap second hand, yay

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2012, 08:09:37 pm »
I bought this  :)

That's really cool.  Welcome to the guitar world.  Be careful as guitar acquisition can be addicting. :D  I started with 1, now I have 8...  Kinda like cats.

I like that blue color.  If it's metallic blue, I like it to explosion of likingness.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #651 on: June 10, 2012, 04:40:19 am »
That's really cool.  Welcome to the guitar world.  Be careful as guitar acquisition can be addicting. :D  I started with 1, now I have 8...  Kinda like cats.

I like that blue color.  If it's metallic blue, I like it to explosion of likingness.

Its actually my 4th. I've kind of been playing off and on for almost 8 years. Though, its the first one I've bought in 2.5 years and my first strat.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2012, 08:50:10 am »
Ah, I didn't know that.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Strats are great.  Pretty versatile.  That's probably why so many guitar players have at least one. 

I'm more of a semi-hollow type myself; but I have a Strat too, so that's gotta say something.  :)

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »
I successfully made and baked an apple pie from scratch..  it was Delicious!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:58 pm »

Pictures/video.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:39 pm »

Pictures/video.

Ditto. Pics or it didn't happen.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #656 on: June 11, 2012, 10:53:55 pm »
Got bored and decided to pick up a book on learning Russian today.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2012, 11:40:01 pm »
I've written my first complete song. By that, I mean all the parts (drums, guitar, bass, lyrics), with no placeholder solos/riffs that I don't plan on using. Now I need to get a side project together to work on it, and other (mostly instrumental) music I've been working on, since none of the stuff I write on my own is usable in a death metal band.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2012, 12:40:06 am »
I wrote a song like that.  I didn't have anyone else to play the other parts so I had to use a synth.  Oh lonesome me. :(

Oh wait, this is supposed to be a good stuff thread... um... I have more wine!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2012, 01:06:14 am »
I got a shiny new debit card today. Apparently I can now pay for shit simply by waving it in front of the necessary scanner. Hardly what I'd call secure but it's certainly convenient.