Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 79379 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2012, 03:42:53 pm »
I'm starting from ME 1 with a new character and going through all 3 games.  This is my first time with an Infiltrator, and I'm trying some of Tropes.org's gamebreaker advice (max out Pistols and Fitness, max out shields, become a human tank, etc.).
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2012, 06:38:13 pm »
Okay, the new 4th ending just made all the endings make even less sense.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48:20 am »
Okay, the new 4th ending just made all the endings make even less sense.
Not necessarily. But I won't get into that.

I HAVE NEWS OF NEW DLC!

Oh yes children.

Gather round.

First up we've got MULTIPLAYER DLC (click for pics)! You wanted more N7 Marines right? I bet you did.

Here they are:

(Adept) N7 Fury: Throw, Annihilation Field, Dark Channel
    ((Soldier) N7 Destroyer: Multi-Frag Grenade, Missile Launcher, Devastator Mode, T5-V battlesuit
    ((Engineer) N7 Demolisher: Homing Grenade, Arc Grenade, Supply Pylon
    ((Sentinel) N7 Paladin: Snap Freeze, Incinerate, Energy Drain
    ((Infiltrator) N7 Shadow: Tactical Cloak, Shadow Strike, Electric Slash
    ((Vanguard) N7 Slayer: Phase Disruptor, Biotic Charge, Biotic Slash, has a guddam sword *is Kai Leng I'm assuming*
    Fury: "Fury operatives use implants to fuel biotics and their incredible movement speed. These operatives wind an unpredictable path on the battlefield, moving in and out of combat before returning to unleash a sweeping biotic attack on their unsuspecting targets."
    (Destroyer: "The Destroyer's T5-V Battlesuit gives these strong-but-slow soldiers mech-like protection. Driven by eezo-assisted actuators, these frontline troopers carry heavy weapons onto the battlefield."
    (Demolisher: "The Demolisher uses grenades to attack at range and to terrorize the battlefield. Demolishers can also create a supply pylon that stocks allies with an unending reserve of grenades and thermal reloads."
    (Paladin: "The Paladin carries a powerful omni-shield onto the battlefield to block enemy fire. The Paladin also uses the shield as a heavy-melee weapon that, when modified with incindiery or cryo upgrades, creates a devastating combination attack."
    (Shadow: "Shadow infiltrators use implants to dramatically improve agility, making them slippery combatants on the battlefield. Their monomolecular blades are a menace from cover and close range."
    (Slayer: "Slayers use implants to dramatically improve mobility. Their dizzying sword attacks can hit multiple opponents, and the Slayer's ability to slip fire makes them hard to pin down on the battielfield."

Next up we have... SINGLEPLAYER DLC THAT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED! LEVIATHAN OF DIS!

Beware all ye who enter, there be spoilers:
(click to show/hide)

AND HOW MUCH IS IT, DAVE?

THE PRICE OF FREE! FOR BOTH!

That's right. FREE. Not a single penny owed to Bioware or EA for any of the DLC that has been announced so far.

This is how gaming should be. Free DLC. Oh yes.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2012, 09:05:05 am »
Sounds cool, I wonder if this is a new kind of reaper.  I'd still love to know more about the 'dead' Reaper in ME2 (reaper class, etc.).

Just finished my Infiltrator run of ME1, with only a few points in Tech skills.  I maxed out Pistols, Fitness, Electronics (for the shield), Armor, and the remaining points were spread out.  With two Medical Exoskeletons in my suit, I had Immunity on nearly nonstop.

Now I'm getting ready to go through ME 2 and my first run with the cloak.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2012, 09:34:07 am »
You do know that we've already heard about Leviathan of Dis right? lol He was mentioned by Balak in ME3. And somewhat in ME2. It's not a 'new kind'. It's just a Reaper. A traitor Reaper. But a Reaper nonetheless.

(click to show/hide)

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2012, 10:58:41 am »
Yeah, I just thought that Reaper looked cool and was hoping to learn more about it.

Okay, WTF just happened with my ME2 game?  I started with my imported Infiltrator character, got all the way to Omega, and it didn't save!  It never even let me save!  At first, I thought it was a glitch, but since autosave was on, I was okay.  However, when I turned the game off, then on again, it wasn't even there.  I just wasted an hour of gameplay for nothing!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2012, 11:20:52 am »
Yeah, I just thought that Reaper looked cool and was hoping to learn more about it.

Okay, WTF just happened with my ME2 game?  I started with my imported Infiltrator character, got all the way to Omega, and it didn't save!  It never even let me save!  At first, I thought it was a glitch, but since autosave was on, I was okay.  However, when I turned the game off, then on again, it wasn't even there.  I just wasted an hour of gameplay for nothing!

Has this happened to anyone else?

WTF?  Never even heard of that happening... :(
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2012, 04:40:33 pm »
Okay, restarted and it's working no problem now.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2012, 06:23:42 am »
Just finished my ME 2 Infiltrator run to set up for ME 3.  The final battle was awesome! 

I had Jacob and Thane with me, and we were down to shooting at Terminator-Mecha-Cthulhu-Reaper-Thingie.  I pulled out my trusty Cain, aimed for TMCRT and fired.  He ducked.  He ducked !  HE #^&##^&$#%**$ DUCKED!  I was down to about 81% ammo, so I went for the tried and true weapons.

For some reason, in this entire game, ammo was scarce, to the point where my Viper ran out of ammo even in small battles.  Well, I ran out against TMCRT so I switched to my GPS.  Ran out.  It was still alive.  Switched to my Temptest, started to run low. 

Then I saw some ammo on a platform where the Collectors emerged from (TMCRT disappeared for a while.  Figuring he wouldn't emerge as long as the Collectors were alive, I activated my cloak and went ammo-hunting.  Meanwhile, Thane decided to take on Harbringer mano-e-gillmano and won, while Jacob was on a pulling left and right (Okay that sounded way wrong). 

Suddenly, Mr. TMCRT popped back up.  Thane and Jacob wisely and 'loyally' ducked back behind cover, but I was out in the open, with minimal ammo, and the sides of my screen were red.  I figured I was toast anyway so I better just go down fighting.  Then I saw a glowing cylinder on the ground.  Walking over, I saw the words, "+20 Heavy Ammo,"  pulled the Cain back out, pointed it at Mr. TMCRT's eye, and fired.

I got the kill scene!  That was the first time I ever dropped him with the Cain and the second time I killed him while being out in the open. 

Now for ME3, I'm debating on my bonus power.  In 2, I used Stasis because Stasis + Tactical Cloak + ammo Power = VERY SHORT boss battles!  However, I'm thinking about Defensive Matrix this time around to get the cooldown bonus.  Anyone have any thoughts as to which would be the better choice?

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2012, 08:53:05 pm »
You do know that we've already heard about Leviathan of Dis right? lol He was mentioned by Balak in ME3. And somewhat in ME2. It's not a 'new kind'. It's just a Reaper. A traitor Reaper. But a Reaper nonetheless.

(click to show/hide)

The Leviathan was also mentioned in one of the planet description texts in ME1.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Jartar
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:55:25 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #385 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:39 am »
I just finished my Infiltrator run and quite enjoyed it.  Trying as an Engineer again, though playing through 2 first to level up. 

I also tried a few solo mp games and got my Vanguard to Level 8.  However, I can never get past the third wave, no matter what I do.  I also got frustrated when I repeatedly died after I couldn't charge someone who was directly in front of me.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #386 on: August 01, 2012, 05:41:30 am »
It helps to have a squad. Very few people can do solo runs.

&

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2012, 03:01:05 pm »
Well after the third, "Vote to kick Vypernight," after 10 seconds in a game, I decided I couldn't get kicked from my own.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2012, 04:56:12 pm »
Well after the third, "Vote to kick Vypernight," after 10 seconds in a game, I decided I couldn't get kicked from my own.

...Gamers suck >:[
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #389 on: August 02, 2012, 03:07:13 am »
That's still weird as hell. I don't have that problem at all...

&