Author Topic: One Million Moms vs. Ellen Degeneres  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: One Million Moms vs. Ellen Degeneres
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 08:24:09 pm »
Plus the Norse bathed more regularly, and it was much colder there.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »
Well, you have to realize, the ancient world often came up with illogical solutions to logical problems. People are getting sick after bathing? Holy shit, the bathes must be causing it! Holy shit, demons! Hell, to some extent, we still do that today. Going outside without a sweater will not give you a cold.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »
Staying inside with a bunch of people crowded does.

Although coldness causes your blood vessels to contract, making it harder for WBCs to travel. While being cold doesn't make you sick, being cold worsens the condition.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 09:19:38 pm »
Like I said, it just makes it easier to get a cold. However, no amount of standing around naked in the snow will give you the flu in & of itself.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »
Plus the Norse bathed more regularly, and it was much colder there.
Once a week, in fact, going back to the vikings. (The viking were actually among the cleanest and best groomed people in Europe at the time) And throughout the middle ages, it was customary in England, and most of the rest of western Europe, I think, to wash your face every morning and your hands before every meal. I don't know how often they bathed their whole bodies, but they were generally cleaner than they're given credit for.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »
Like I said, it just makes it easier to get a cold. However, no amount of standing around naked in the snow will give you the flu in & of itself.

No, but it will get you stared at.  Probably chillblains too. :P
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 02:43:58 am »
During the dark ages people did bathe regularly.

Bathing stopped (or atleast lessened) in europe during 17th century because they began to think that it is unhealthy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 09:51:45 am »
During the dark ages people did bathe regularly.

Bathing stopped (or atleast lessened) in europe during 17th century because they began to think that it is unhealthy.

This.  The only people who didn't bathe somewhat-regularly in medieval Europe were monks and hermits, because bathing was considered "worldly."  Yes, this was an extreme case of "God loves people who renounce worldly things."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2012, 10:05:48 am »
How did we get from Ellen to Norse bathing? Oh, right. Forgot where I was for a minute.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!