Author Topic: Democratic Primaries Thread  (Read 30741 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: Democratic Primaries Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2020, 06:42:55 pm »
Dems just cancelled the New York Primary.

Ironbite-time for the Bernie Bros Outrage Machine to start up but is anyone really paying attention to the Democrat Primary?

No, they seem to be determined to try and use this Tara Reade thing to push Biden into stepping down, on the assumption that Bernie then wins by default... You know, rather than the hated DNC picking a replacement, which is what WOULD happen here if they forced Biden out...

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2020, 09:39:57 pm »
God, if only they would realize that no one is asking them to actively endorse Biden or even like him. I'm not happy about him, either, but this is the hand we've been dealt.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2020, 10:26:52 pm »
"BUH BUH BUH I WANN MUH BEEEEEEEEERNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE! I MADE TUMBLR POSTS! THAT'S CAMPAIGNING!!"

...no, seriously, that's a thing. People honestly think updating their Tumblrs counts as campaigning.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2020, 03:11:51 am »
Hey remember when that same reporter broke a small little story involving a Palo Alto and Stanford professor and a then-judge on the DC Circuit Court?

Funny how many of the people who supported Dr. Ford are now dismissing Ms. Reade.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2020, 04:00:29 am »
Don't get me wrong. Voting for Biden is ENTIRELY a strategic move. Biden is a creep, at best and has no business running for President. But if it's between this asshole and letting fascism continue to run America, then I'm fucking sucking it up and voting for Biden. Like I said, I'm not asking people to actively endorse Biden, or even like him, I'm asking them to do their part to fight fascism.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2020, 10:44:01 am »
Don't get me wrong. Voting for Biden is ENTIRELY a strategic move. Biden is a creep, at best and has no business running for President. But if it's between this asshole and letting fascism continue to run America, then I'm fucking sucking it up and voting for Biden. Like I said, I'm not asking people to actively endorse Biden, or even like him, I'm asking them to do their part to fight fascism.

I don't like Trump either, but do you honestly believe fascism is running America? If you do, then would you mind explaining why people like Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, John Oliver, Mitt Romney, AOC, Stephen Colbert, etc. haven't been locked up or murdered yet?
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:45 pm »
Trump isn't a fascist but he definitely wants to be authoritarian because he's a malignant narcissist who should have no business being anywhere near this high of a position of government.. I think he envies Putin, Xi and Kim Jong Un, and has repeatedly called them strong leaders even though they are terrible. Luckily our constitution prevents that from happening, but he has tried. Saying he has the authority to open up state governments, firing people who disagree with him or make him look bad. Surrounding himself with yes men. Appointing unqualified vapid family members to important cabinet positions. Using Fox news as a propaganda station that repeats what Donald Trump says as gospel. "Joking" numerous times that he wants to run for a third, fourth or fifth term. Not to mention has done shady illegal shit like propositioning a foreign government to interfere in our election with blackmail, admitting it and then denying it, and only getting away with it because his own party fears it's electorate.
If he could he would.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:02:56 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2020, 03:24:39 pm »
Hey remember when that same reporter broke a small little story involving a Palo Alto and Stanford professor and a then-judge on the DC Circuit Court?

Funny how many of the people who supported Dr. Ford are now dismissing Ms. Reade.

The problem with Ms. Reade's accusations is there's a mountain of evidence that she switched to Bernie Sanders just before throwing this out into the world.  Where was she in 08 or 12 when Biden was running for President/running  for reelection?  Why now?  Dr. Ford came out because Kavanauah needed to be stopped and everyone was throwing everything at him because he's so unqualified.  Then there's the fact that the Orange Piss Pot has 60+ accusers and nobody seems to bat an eye at that.  Really this is what hand we've been dealt with right now.

Ironbite-I don't want to vote for Biden, but here we are.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2020, 04:40:40 pm »
She switched to Sanders from, I believe, Warren, once Warren dropped out and Sanders was the only other candidate in the race besides Biden. Did you expect her to support someone whom she believes sexually assaulted her?

And yes, of course Trump has dozens of accusers. The thing is, Republicans don't give a shit about that as long as he keeps putting unqualified clowns on the federal bench.

Also, a lot of Democrats dismiss the accusations against Bill Clinton (even now, once he's been out of public life for two decades) and there's reason to think that (like Trump) he may well have engaged in pedophilia given that we know he was an associate of Jeffrey Epstein and flew on the "Lolita Express".
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2020, 11:28:17 pm »

The problem with Ms. Reade's accusations is there's a mountain of evidence that she switched to Bernie Sanders just before throwing this out into the world.  Where was she in 08 or 12 when Biden was running for President/running  for reelection?  Why now?  Dr. Ford came out because Kavanauah needed to be stopped and everyone was throwing everything at him because he's so unqualified.  Then there's the fact that the Orange Piss Pot has 60+ accusers and nobody seems to bat an eye at that.  Really this is what hand we've been dealt with right now.

Ironbite-I don't want to vote for Biden, but here we are.

Not just that; add on her blatant Putin-ass-kissing (seriously, look up some of it; it's insane), the fact that her story has changed again and again, and also the big thing; no one does what Tara is accusing Joe Biden of once and then stops.  She's now claiming that he pinned her to the wall and stuck his fingers under her dress, and when she refused to allow him, he had her fired.  Those are the actions of a sexual predator, and if so, where are the other accusers?

I know Bernie guys are pointing to "all the women Joe has touched over the years", but not one of them is taking this as far as Tara Reade is.  Plus her witnesses are... problematic.

I look at the situation this way; if there was really something there, something that might be an angle to take down Joe, don't you think the Republicans would be all over it rather than the Hunder Biden stuff?  Yet most of the groups pushing it are Bernie groups.  And we KNOW the Republicans don't give a rat's ass about being hypocritical.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2020, 11:55:25 pm »
Yeah, the Repubs are not the type to hold back on this sort of thing...if they knew there was truth to it or something close enough to be exploitable. But no, this is being pushed by the Bernie Club. Who want to make their guy the Nominee, regardless what he has to say on the matter himself. Bernie conceded as he should have.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2020, 02:02:51 am »
I now look forward to three months of Biden supporters insisting that a vote for Amash is a vote for Trump and three months of Trump supporters insisting that a vote for Amash is a vote for Biden.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2020, 03:01:03 am »
Amash is likely going to pull more voters from Trump than he is from Biden because, you know, fucking Libertarian Party. So... for once voting third party isn't a completely black and white thing. That said, while I have some level of respect for Amash for being the only Republican (yes, I know he was kicked out of the party) in Congress willing to stand up against Trump, he is NOT a justifiable alternative to voting for Biden. Though I'm not exactly complaining if he leaks votes away from Trump.
Who needs a signature?

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2020, 03:19:50 pm »
I'm just going to go ahead and toss this here: https://ascammersnightmareisjustice.blogspot.com/2020/04/tara-reade-legacy-of-lies-part-one.html

Probably worth reading when it comes to Tara Reade and how honest you can trust her to be, because she appears to lie as often as Captain Clorox himself...

Not to mention run GoFundMe scams and defrauding her friends.  Oh, and accusing pretty much every man she's ever worked with of sexual harassment at some point...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2020, 04:48:45 pm »
Ms. Reade may well be completely full of shit.

The problem is that many of the people who screamed "BELIEVE WOMEN" when it came to Dr. Ford's allegations against then-Judge Kavanaugh are now calling into question Ms. Reade's allegations against former Vice President Biden, and did so almost immediately, before any serious vetting of Ms. Reade's claims had occurred.

Furthermore, a major group set up to help victims of sexual harassment with regards to #MeToo declined to give legal aid to Ms. Reade in her case, with the stated reason not being that her accusations were baseless (which, again, they may well be) but that doing so would put their tax status in legal jeopardy since her claims were against a Presidential candidate, which is a decidedly more dubious rationale.

So even if Ms. Reade is lying through her teeth about these claims, the way in which the people who were adamant that Dr. Ford be believed were immediately apathetic, if not hostile, to Ms. Reade sure as hell makes it look like they were just playing partisan games with #MeToo and "BELIEVE WOMEN" and didn't actually mean it.

If your standard changes depending on the situation--if you believe those women who accuse men you don't like but disbelieve women who accuse men you do like, for instance--you don't actually have a standard.

EDIT: The same can be said of people who point to the accusations of sexual assault against Donald Trump while ignoring those against Bill Clinton... and vice versa, of course.