Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069817 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3195 on: February 03, 2013, 09:51:10 am »
So over the past year, I've gotten into audiobooks big time. The King County Library System has an excellent selection, and you can even download some titles.

What's annoying, however, is that some of the series I've favored have gaps. The first two books of the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan are downloadable, but the third isn't (though it IS available on CD). Also, they have the first six books of the Honor Harrington series by David Weber, as well as number 12, but not 7-11 (I'll forgive them #13, as that one is relatively recent). They also have two of the spinoff series, but not the third. And as much as I loved Shadow of Saganami, I'd really love to listen to an audio adaptation of Crown of Slaves, which is hilariously complicated.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3196 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

I think I've shown you a part of my tangent: The price of this book and how demanding it is, but that's really not all:

Yes, these comic strips are public domain, and I could easily get them for free, but here's the problem: The .pdf file (downloaded from Archive.org) that contains all these strips are of awful quality and the beauty of Winsor McCay's artwork is mutilated as the colors and line-art is all muddy and I can't stand reading them because of that. Maybe it's just that my version of Acrobat is awful or there is some other problems I don't know of, I can also see reading these strips out of a book just... feels better than on a computer screen. It's just like video games on their original format vs. on an emulator.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3197 on: February 03, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »
I got my period...enough said

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3198 on: February 03, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »
At least you're not pregnant...?  *Shrugs*

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3199 on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:49 pm »
The temporary USB wifi card I've been using crapped out, so I can't use the Internet on my actual computer for the next I dunno how long.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Saturn500

« Reply #3200 on: February 03, 2013, 09:42:59 pm »
Young Justice is going to be cancelled. Seriously, a show with good animation, good storyline, good dialogue, and last but not least good voice acting is the one the network dumps.

Hey, at least there's still Adventure Time...

wait, why the FUCK is Annoying Orange still on the lineup?! I mean, come on!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3201 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:48 pm »
Young Justice is going to be cancelled. Seriously, a show with good animation, good storyline, good dialogue, and last but not least good voice acting is the one the network dumps.

Adventure Time! I wonder where this season is headed: Lemongrab has come back a few times, Ice King's fanfiction is getting its own episode, and we haven't seen Flame Princess in a while...

As for Annoying Orange...Agh, it's awful. How did it even get its own spot in the lineup in the first place???
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3202 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

Adventure Time! I wonder where this season is headed: Lemongrab has come back a few times, Ice King's fanfiction is getting its own episode, and we haven't seen Flame Princess in a while...

As for Annoying Orange...Agh, it's awful. How did it even get its own spot in the lineup in the first place???
Probably because our generation isn't entertained by stories that require some thought to appreciate. IDK how many time's I've re-watched Young Justice the whole way through, but I see something new each time. Compare that to... hell, when's the last time a cartoon has had that kind of intricacy?

There are some petitions floating around, but I doubt it's going to matter. They have another shitty Batman cartoon to make, damn it!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3203 on: February 04, 2013, 12:18:00 am »
I'm not even 21 and there's already a generational gap.

The internet first became ubiquitous around 2002. The dot-com boom started in 1998. There are high school students now for whom the internet has been a permanent fixture in their life.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #3204 on: February 04, 2013, 01:15:00 am »
Compare that to... hell, when's the last time a cartoon has had that kind of intricacy?[/i]

The first year or two of Fairly Oddparents? You know, before Channel Chasers? (confession: that's when I stopped watching it but I'm told it went to hell after that). Back when the humor was actually intelligent for a cartoon show on Nick?
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3205 on: February 04, 2013, 03:16:06 pm »
Canker sore.  Usually I hate medicine, but in this case, Baby Orajel and I become really good friends!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3206 on: February 04, 2013, 03:34:51 pm »

Whaaaaaaaaat?!  That's one of the few shows I actually watch! >:c
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3207 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:04 pm »
Arrogant mofos who don't know when to stop bragging.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #3208 on: February 04, 2013, 04:37:50 pm »
AM being farmed in an online game.  The guy hits me at least once a day.  Am in an alliance but they're no help.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3209 on: February 06, 2013, 08:16:36 pm »
Snow is coming....