Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075251 times)

Distind

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4440 on: July 19, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
I hate the seeming random nature of clothing sizes.  I have two pairs of identical jeans bought as near the same time as makes no difference.  They're the same "line" from the same brand bought in the same chain of clothes shops.  They are indentical, except for the fact that one  that one pair is slightly too big and the other pair is slightly too small despite supposedly both being the exact same size.  How the fuck does that even happen with modern, precision machine mass production??
Some 3rd world elementary student was slacking off.

Think I had the same one a while back, bought 5 shirts same line, size, design and cut. only difference color. They are at least 3 different sizes.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4441 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:25 am »
People on tumblr bitching about not being able to go to the SDCC, As much as I would love to go there, I have a co-worker/friend who went there a couple of years ago and she said all you basically did was stand in long ass lines. Though on the good side, it has made me super excited for the NYCC.
Also my job has decided though Sunday, they're having a employee shopping event, which includes an extra percentage off, and this time it will include Sephora(the makeup store within the store) and I'm broke until next Friday.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:59:03 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4442 on: July 19, 2013, 01:38:08 pm »
My dad died last year and my mom got life insurance for it. We're both fairly poor, but because she received life insurance, my school won't give me the financial aid I need. Because that life insurance is totally 100% going to be used for my tuition. It's not like my mom needs it to survive or anything.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #4443 on: July 19, 2013, 02:08:10 pm »
I hate needing to pee again for some reason as soon as I walk out of the bathroom. My bladder conspires against me.

I so know the feeling. I take spironolactone, a testosterone blocker, which also happens to be a rather potent diuretic. I've lost count how often I go to the bathroom and then need to go either as soon as I finish or 30 minutes later. Especially so if I drink caffiene.

I think my record was 8 times in one evening.

I know you guys have it worse since my issue will be over in December. That said, try three times during a 25 minute phone call.

I've gotten that too :/

ETA: It's not so bad now that I've been on it a while though, that was mostly in the first 3 months.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:10:16 pm by Mira »
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #4444 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »
My dad died last year and my mom got life insurance for it. We're both fairly poor, but because she received life insurance, my school won't give me the financial aid I need. Because that life insurance is totally 100% going to be used for my tuition. It's not like my mom needs it to survive or anything.

That's really bullshit. I hope you guys can figure something out.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #4445 on: July 19, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »
Could be worse, could be a layover in jersey. You cannot go from one wing of the jersey airport to another without going through security, so if you've got two hours I hope you want to eat something from the one they dumped you in.

Now I have the urge to rag on jersey some more, but I get the feeling implying that the 'stronger than the storm' campaign is only possible because the storm felt it was to classy for jersey and left would be a tad over the line. Bonus points, my dad's getting married down there within the month.

I'm not superstitious but the hubris of "Stronger than the Storm" really concerns me. It's begging Mother Nature to come in and really kick our ass. I don't even live near the shore and my town was pretty fucked up. The power was out for a week and we survived on a generator that my father chained up to prevent looting.

Distind

« Reply #4446 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:40 pm »
Don't worry Nature kick's people's asses entirely on it's own schedule. I just find the jingle to it annoying and 0 fond memmories of the entire state. To the point I refuse to so much as drive through it again. Thankfully they're running a shuttle from NY to jersey for my Dad's wedding.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4447 on: July 20, 2013, 12:09:03 am »
I'm opening tomorrow, so I have to get up early, I hate getting up early.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4448 on: July 20, 2013, 02:16:16 am »
Found what looks to be a decent job at a restaurant opening next month, but they want me to send them a picture of myself in "beach attire" (to prove I understand the term), and are not very clear on what that means. I am assuming this means brightly colored clothes/swim trunks, in which case I would require a few additions to my wardrobe. I don't mind purchasing a "uniform" or two if I'm hired, but I cannot justify that kind of expense on a "maybe".
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4449 on: July 20, 2013, 02:20:16 am »
Found what looks to be a decent job at a restaurant opening next month, but they want me to send them a picture of myself in "beach attire" (to prove I understand the term), and are not very clear on what that means. I am assuming this means brightly colored clothes/swim trunks, in which case I would require a few additions to my wardrobe. I don't mind purchasing a "uniform" or two if I'm hired, but I cannot justify that kind of expense on a "maybe".
Tacky Hawaiian shirt, tacky Hawaiian swimming trunks, sandals. That's what I think it is. Oh, and sunglasses.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4450 on: July 20, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »
Show up in a banana hammock.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4451 on: July 20, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »
Just send them a naked picture. There are plenty of nude beaches to justify it, and you won't have to spend a dime.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4452 on: July 20, 2013, 02:38:20 pm »
My internet cut out around seven or eight last night and didn't come back til maybe a couple hours ago. The hydro had gone out at the same time but it came back after a few minutes. Gotta love severe thunderstorms that only last for a few minutes at a time yet manage to generate tornado watches.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

wrightway

« Reply #4453 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:15 pm »
I stayed over with a friend last night. I think I'm allergic to something in there guest room.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4454 on: July 20, 2013, 11:55:24 pm »
My internet cut out around seven or eight last night and didn't come back til maybe a couple hours ago. The hydro had gone out at the same time but it came back after a few minutes. Gotta love severe thunderstorms that only last for a few minutes at a time yet manage to generate tornado watches.
Drinking game! Drink every time you see a flash of light! It shall be called... Thundershots!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.