Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072103 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4740 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »
Never said it was about me, I just dont see the point why I should hate something/someone because other people do. Thats why i can say "how does me not hating something affect you"

And of course, most of the time, it doesnt. If its just "it offends me that you dont hate x" or something along those lines, then pressuring someone to hate x is childish

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:53:40 pm by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4741 on: August 13, 2013, 09:54:21 pm »
People usually don't hate others just because everyone else does (teens and younger excluded, because schools are dreadful sometimes). They have those feelings because the person is worthy of hatred, like people hating the Boston marathon bombers because of the harm they caused.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4742 on: August 13, 2013, 10:03:39 pm »
Well I knew that, but my main gripe is people getting pissy when you dont hate something or have indifference to it. And yeah, i was mainly thinking of those retarded little social situations where someone goes "person x was a dick to me, if you dont hate them i hate you!"

So my mind goes "does me hating x affect your life in any way...no...then harden up and get over it, its none of your business". Especially in those gay little 90210 situations where your friend demands you hate his ex or some bullshit like that

(The thought popped into my head this morning, so i went into google with phrases like "my friend talks to someone i hate", which sponsored my annoyance )
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:06:00 pm by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4743 on: August 14, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »
Filing! Hours of filing shit away into a cabinet for work today >:(

Offline maanantai

• Likes to Move It Move It
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4744 on: August 14, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »
People who speak on their cellphones when paying for their stuff at store/gas station/kiosk/whatever.

And yes, while everyone working in retail has had someone speaking on their phone while expecting to be served and possibly even gotten annoyed by "stupid" customer server who keeps asking guestions about their possible discount/membership/whatever cards and daring to tell the sum and so on, I think that today I hit the Jackpot... (insert some rolleyes here)

Imagine this: Customer approaches while speaking on their phone and asks for cigarrets and while I turn and get their cigs their other phone rings. And they answer it too. So there I am, trying really hard not to laugh while looking at the customer with 2 cellphones, juggling two phonecalls and looking at the like I'm the meanest bitch on the planet when I dare to interrupt them to tell how much they owe while line forms behind them. And I still can't decide if this annoyed or amused me more :D

Offline maanantai

• Likes to Move It Move It
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4745 on: August 14, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »

I LOVE filing! Give me lovely pile to file away and I'll be happy to do that. At least if the other option is customer service. At one job I was helping at different depatments of the place and the best week of my time in there was the week that I filed stuff. Took copies after copies of receipts and stapled them with originals and organized them (and lots of other documents) both alpabeticly and by date. It was True Heaven. The next week has few nice days too, as I shredded all the over 10 year old documents that weren't needed anymore. <3

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4746 on: August 14, 2013, 06:59:06 pm »

I LOVE filing! Give me lovely pile to file away and I'll be happy to do that. At least if the other option is customer service. At one job I was helping at different depatments of the place and the best week of my time in there was the week that I filed stuff. Took copies after copies of receipts and stapled them with originals and organized them (and lots of other documents) both alpabeticly and by date. It was True Heaven. The next week has few nice days too, as I shredded all the over 10 year old documents that weren't needed anymore. <3

I'm the same way. I'll do that stuff for weeks with a smile on my face if it means I don't have to deal with customers.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4747 on: August 14, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »
I'm getting conflicting IDs from the mods between my Minecraft client and the server on which I play.  Which means that I can't play on the damn thing until the admin gives me the proper fucking configs...and he's not responded to my messages for, like, two hours or so.

I wanna play with Tinker's Construct, damn it!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4748 on: August 14, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »
Fortunately the profs called them out on their douchebaggery and the decent people (or at least the people who left me alone) outnumbered the jerks by about 4:1.

And that's why university is so much better than highschool.

Quick question though: Why couldn't you have simply put "Will" on your name-tag?
I did initially, but the lady at the name tag table looked at me funny and because I have no spine I crumpled it up and asked for another one.

Murder time fun time.
Tempting, but not the best impression I could make before I've even started classes. Besides, I can always kill them later. </joking>
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4749 on: August 14, 2013, 11:36:09 pm »

I'm the same way. I'll do that stuff for weeks with a smile on my face if it means I don't have to deal with customers.

You freaks, both of you. But then I don't have a customer service job. The only people I actually interact with are a doctor, a nurse, and a research coordinator, and usually it's only one of them a day. If I had to deal with customers all day long, I'm sure filing would be like heaven.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4750 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:25 am »

You freaks, both of you. But then I don't have a customer service job. The only people I actually interact with are a doctor, a nurse, and a research coordinator, and usually it's only one of them a day. If I had to deal with customers all day long, I'm sure filing would be like heaven.
At least you guys/gals have jobs. I've applied at every burger joint, gas station, and convenience store in a thirty mile radius and I can't even get an interview. Right now the best I can get is rubber-banding (is that a verb? Oh well, it is now) flyers to peoples' doors in St. Paul in order to promote my brother's real estate business. Oh, and he pays me $5-7/hour and listens to the Rush Limbaugh show, so I have to listen to bullshit on the subject of Obamacare such as "Obama sold out the American People(TM) in order to get cozy with Big Business" (SHINY MIRROR ALERT). To top it all off, the job itself involves more walking than The Hobbit in its entirety, with an added dose of "Get the fuck off my lawn!"
The part of the job I do like is addressing envelopes and putting business cards on those sticky magnet things - you know, stuff I can do while watching daytime television.  :)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4751 on: August 15, 2013, 12:18:17 am »

At least you guys/gals have jobs. I've applied at every burger joint, gas station, and convenience store in a thirty mile radius and I can't even get an interview. Right now the best I can get is rubber-banding (is that a verb? Oh well, it is now) flyers to peoples' doors in St. Paul in order to promote my brother's real estate business. Oh, and he pays me $5-7/hour and listens to the Rush Limbaugh show, so I have to listen to bullshit on the subject of Obamacare such as "Obama sold out the American People(TM) in order to get cozy with Big Business" (SHINY MIRROR ALERT). To top it all off, the job itself involves more walking than The Hobbit in its entirety, with an added dose of "Get the fuck off my lawn!"
The part of the job I do like is addressing envelopes and putting business cards on those sticky magnet things - you know, stuff I can do while watching daytime television.  :)

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a great job. Hopefully the stuff you can do while watching TV makes up a significant chunk of your work.

Also, this is another reason why university is great. A lot of profs have research projects going on in addition to teaching. A little while after your classes start, shotgun a bunch of emails out to your profs asking if they have any projects that you can get involved in, and you might get a job next summer that A) doesn't suck, and B) actually helps your career.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4752 on: August 15, 2013, 12:32:45 am »

I can't get even something like that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4753 on: August 15, 2013, 10:36:20 am »
I think the admin on the Minecraft server on which I play either didn't learn English as a first (or second, it seems at times) language or has reading comprehension problems.  I clearly posted a link in our little PM party line for our server for the server installation instructions for PowerCraft, I even explicitly said the the instructions I posted in another message were for the client, and therefore, not for the bloody server.  Yet, he tried to install it on the server using the client installation procedures, and is now confused as to why it doesn't work.

Read the shit I post!  Really, really read it and pay fuckin attention!  I spelled it out clear as day, so this wouldn't happen, but it did anyway.  If they're something important, like how to install a mod for Minecraft that doesn't have standard installation procedures, then one should at least bother to NOT skim the damn thing and actually read every damn word I post, because I post it for a freakin reason!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4754 on: August 15, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »
That they decided they're going to be releasing Thor 2 early, but only in 3D format. You know as much as I love Tom Hiddleston, and as much as I love his "Loki", I really fucking hate the 3D format, it gives me a headache, and in turn makes me one very irritable bitch.