Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070383 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5655 on: October 09, 2013, 02:33:24 am »
D'ya know what really grinds my gears? When people complain that Black Widow/Agent Romanov is a useless character in The Avengers. She recruited Dr. Banner, beat Loki at his own game (emotional manipulation), fought the motherfucking Hulk, knocked sense back into Barton, fought in New York alongside Captain Rogers, found the Chitori's weakness, closed the Tesseract portal and STILL people say she didn't do anything. Jesus H Christ, people are either stupid, blind, or misogynistic.

Who are these people, I want to know so I can smack the shit out of them...
Also is it bad now that I'm in the mood for reading some BlackFrost??
These people are overwhelmingly "TrooFanzTM" of the comic books, who decry any portrayal of a female character in an active, non-fanservice role as "unfaithful to the source material" or even "misandry". A lot of them don't seem to realize that the Silver Age is over.
As for BlackFrost, it's not a something I ship very hard (I'm more of a Clintahsa or even BlackHill guy), but I've read some damn good BlackFrost. My other avengers ships are Science Bros, Steve/Tony, and Stark Spangled Banner.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5656 on: October 09, 2013, 03:20:25 am »
I think the Marvel fandom killed any chance there was of me being into Science Bros or Steve/Tony.

I do like me some Clintasha, Pepperony, and Black Iron.

Which oddly enough leads me into my annoyance: people thinking only the gay ships exist and nothing else. I have seen people get really bitchy about the Natasha I rp with being into Black Iron because omfg what about Steve and Tony?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5657 on: October 09, 2013, 03:41:28 am »
Which oddly enough leads me into my annoyance: people thinking only the gay ships exist and nothing else. I have seen people get really bitchy about the Natasha I rp with being into Black Iron because omfg what about Steve and Tony?

That is something I have never understood. "I like to write/fantasize about pairings of these fictional characters. NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO DREAM ABOUT MY FAVOURITES BEING PAIRED WITH SOMEONE ELSE!"

a) We are talking about fictional characters. (Usually.)
b) Those "ships" and slashfics are also 100% fiction. What does it matter if someone else makes a different story with the same characters.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5658 on: October 09, 2013, 07:14:42 am »
The aussie heat is back, cant sleep
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5659 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:33 am »
The only MCU ship that I really don't like is Thorki(sorry, the whole semi-incestous stuff kinda kills it for me), though one of the reasons I dislike it is that there is just so much of it, and I try to avoid it for the most part.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:38:24 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5660 on: October 09, 2013, 11:05:31 am »
The only MCU ship that I really don't like is Thorki(sorry, the whole semi-incestous stuff kinda kills it for me), though one of the reasons I dislike it is that there is just so much of it, and I try to avoid it for the most part.
Yeah, Thorki is freaking everywhere. Even I'm burned out on it. Honestly, I tend to avoid most ships involving Loki because he's such a hard character to write that he's frequently Flanderized one of two ways: either he's a harmless trickster who pulls pranks like stealing the caffiene out of the coffee, or he's an omnicidal lunatic with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5661 on: October 09, 2013, 11:44:07 am »
Hey remember that one time Black Widow brought the Avengers together?

Ironbite-fuck you Nick Fury.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5662 on: October 09, 2013, 11:54:04 am »
Remember the time when the Black widow betrayed the Avengers and killed a child (and others) in cold blood?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5663 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:52 pm »
Yeah, Thorki is freaking everywhere. Even I'm burned out on it. Honestly, I tend to avoid most ships involving Loki because he's such a hard character to write that he's frequently Flanderized one of two ways: either he's a harmless trickster who pulls pranks like stealing the caffiene out of the coffee, or he's an omnicidal lunatic with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
I tend to stick to Pre-Thor Loki fics for the most part, before "the go off the deep end" Loki. I love the fics where him and Thor are portrayed as the biggest players in all of Asgard.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5664 on: October 09, 2013, 04:40:49 pm »
Whelp, someone fucked up the map on my Minecraft server again, or SOMETHING, because its been reset.  AGAIN.  Also, the mod pack is missing a critical fucking mod, Rei's Minimap.  I sometimes wonder if my fucking admin is slow in the head.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5665 on: October 09, 2013, 04:45:27 pm »
My period started today. 'Scuse me while I eat this entire tub of ice cream an shout at everybody.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5666 on: October 09, 2013, 05:32:07 pm »
I haven't been sleeping well for the past two weeks and whenever I tell someone in meatspace about it they launch into the usual spiel of 'well I saw you were up last night on that computer of yours' and I just tune everything out afterwards because thanks for belittling me and the ways that I know my body.

And when I tell people online I usually get a list of things to help as if I've never thought about it before and I'm not sure if it's my lack of sleep that makes me really annoyed with it or the fact that it happens so much that I'm annoyed with it. People should know me by now to know I don't want suggestions unless I specifically ask for them.

Me not feeling rested after sleeping for x amount of hours is not normal and it isn't because of my Goddamn computer. It's legit sleeping problems that no one seems to believe I have.

For instance, the past few nights I've been getting about 6-8 hours of sleep. If you can call it sleep. I count waking up about 4-5 times each 'sleep' block. Along with that I'm starting to have memory issues and it's kinda scaring me at this point.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5667 on: October 09, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »
Yeah, some folks just can't fathom that the computer use may be because you can't sleep, not you can't sleep because of your computer use.

I mean, it's bad sleep hygiene to just lay there in bed wide awake doing nothing but letting your mind wander and probably costing you more sleep.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5668 on: October 09, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »
I haven't been sleeping well for the past two weeks and whenever I tell someone in meatspace about it they launch into the usual spiel of 'well I saw you were up last night on that computer of yours' and I just tune everything out afterwards because thanks for belittling me and the ways that I know my body.

And when I tell people online I usually get a list of things to help as if I've never thought about it before and I'm not sure if it's my lack of sleep that makes me really annoyed with it or the fact that it happens so much that I'm annoyed with it. People should know me by now to know I don't want suggestions unless I specifically ask for them.

Me not feeling rested after sleeping for x amount of hours is not normal and it isn't because of my Goddamn computer. It's legit sleeping problems that no one seems to believe I have.

For instance, the past few nights I've been getting about 6-8 hours of sleep. If you can call it sleep. I count waking up about 4-5 times each 'sleep' block. Along with that I'm starting to have memory issues and it's kinda scaring me at this point.
Yeah, I had some of the same symptoms when I was in the hospital. I'm now on a prescription sleep aid that I take at about the same time every night (not because I have any choice in the matter, but that's a different gripe). Are OTC sleep aids an option?
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5669 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »
Only if I want to break my other leg.

&