Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073644 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5835 on: November 01, 2013, 03:39:07 am »
I don't think Australia Day is even a very good comparison; if this was a discussion about Australians not wanting to celebrate the Fourth of July, sure. But Halloween is not only a secular holiday, but one that takes practically zero effort to cross cultural boundaries.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5836 on: November 01, 2013, 03:43:43 am »
I don't think Australia Day is even a very good comparison; if this was a discussion about Australians not wanting to celebrate the Fourth of July, sure. But Halloween is not only a secular holiday, but one that takes practically zero effort to cross cultural boundaries.
Not the point. The point is that Halloween is not, for whatever reason, a thing over here. It doesn't matter why or why not, the point is that it's not celebrated over here. Therefore, the entire internet not shutting up about it for several weeks straight is goddamn annoying for an Australian such as myself who doesn't give a flying fuck about it.

Is that clear enough?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5837 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:50 am »
All of the above will be far more effective than simply complaining to me about it. This thread's called Things That Annoy You, not Things That Annoy You and are Approved by Magus Silveresti. I shall post things that annoy me as I see fit, and you'll just have to deal with it.

Funny.  When did I ever say "You shouldn't post this stuff"?

Oh right.  Not a single time.

What I did was voice an annoyance.  Something that I felt was genuinely funny on my part, since I'm basically being annoyed about someone being annoyed.  Which is, incidentally, perfectly on topic. That was all. That triggered a large rant from you. In fact, it's basically you trying to censor me from posting something that annoyed me.

How about removing that stick from your ass?

ADDENDUM:

Not to mention... putting you on ignore because of something that merely annoys me?  That's silly.  Not even Ironchew is on ignore on these forums and everyone knows my opinion of him.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:06:02 am by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5838 on: November 01, 2013, 01:16:40 pm »
This is a stupid argument. Art keeps his annoyances to this thread, which is far more admirable than filling the video games thread with whining. No one's trying to censor anyone. Art's saying to stop reading his posts if they're that annoying. His avatar makes his posts noticeable, after all.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5839 on: November 01, 2013, 01:28:12 pm »
Actually, he does tend to post his annoyances everywhere.  But I'm not going to stop him from doing that, either, because his annoyances are generally on topic with whatever he's posting about.

And they're not that annoying.  Art's defensiveness, however, is that annoying.

If he doesn't want me responding to him, well... tough shit.  Same for the other way around, I don't have the right to stop him from responding to me.

Also, his passive aggressive commentary about "Things That Annoy You and Are Approved By Magus Silveresti" leads me to believe that he thinks I'm trying to censor his opinion.  If he meant otherwise, then perhaps he should have been clearer.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5840 on: November 01, 2013, 01:38:10 pm »
Things that annoy Magus 2: Electric Boogaloo

Also, his passive aggressive commentary about "Things That Annoy You and Are Approved By Magus Silveresti" leads me to believe that he thinks I'm trying to censor his opinion.  If he meant otherwise, then perhaps he should have been clearer.

It's not censoring, but we all know Magus will unleash a shitstorm if our gripes annoy him. Which, to be fair, is on-topic in this thread.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5841 on: November 01, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »
Things that

Tuning you out now, sweetie~

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5842 on: November 01, 2013, 05:14:13 pm »
Well, this is highly entertaining, I must say.
Actually, he does tend to post his annoyances everywhere.  But I'm not going to stop him from doing that, either, because his annoyances are generally on topic with whatever he's posting about.
So, you're not going to do something that you can't do in the first place, eh? Gee, thanks. I'm sure I'll sleep better at night.
If he doesn't want me responding to him, well... tough shit.  Same for the other way around, I don't have the right to stop him from responding to me.
...The fuck?! I said that if my posts offend you so much that they're "in the way of stuff I enjoy reading", then whining to me about it will only generate more oh-so horrible posts of mine as I respond to you. I really don't mind you responding it me. In fact, I welcome it. Between this and the fact that you thought (and probably still do, I'll wager) that my initial annoyance was with Halloween itself existing and not simply the internet not shutting up about it, I have to say, your absolutely abysmal reading comprehension is one of the few sources of entertainment left around here, what with the forums steadily dying and all.
Nah, censoring implies that you can actually do anything about it. Impotently whining, then pulling a complete 180 (that would make even the most seasoned politician proud) when called on it is a little more how I'd describe it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5843 on: November 01, 2013, 05:38:21 pm »
Hey, you're the one that launched a defensive rant when I made a funny little statement about how I find it annoying how easily you get annoyed.  Everything after that has been me conversing with you.

You were the one who seemed to think I was trying to "do anything" about it instead of doing what this thread is for - sitting around bitching about things that are annoying.  And I was doing it while poking fun at how meta it was (hence why it began with "Hilariously").  Most of the malevolence in that statement was directed at myself because, well, I got annoyed by someone getting annoyed.  That's funny.

The only 180 I can see here is ... well I was hoping I would come up with something clever and witty but it didn't happen.  Suffice it to say, you got rather butthurt over it, accused me of being offended (srsly, I ain't even offended) and are now accusing me of doing a 180.  Cute.  Really cute.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:40:41 pm by Magus Silveresti »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5844 on: November 01, 2013, 05:41:11 pm »
Go to Flame and Burn and get to bangin', you two.  I'll get me camera. :D

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #5845 on: November 01, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5846 on: November 01, 2013, 05:48:49 pm »

I didn't know you were into voyeurism~

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #5847 on: November 01, 2013, 05:51:40 pm »

Less talking, more Art-on-Magus action.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5848 on: November 01, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »

Well, to be fair, you don't get to see a dragon turtle mackin' with a giant mustache very often.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5849 on: November 01, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »
Hey, you're the one that launched a defensive rant when I made a funny little statement about how I find it annoying how easily you get annoyed.  Everything after that has been me conversing with you.
If by "conversing", you mean "complaining about me posting and other unrelated nonsense all while the initial point goes flying over your head", then yes, yes you were. You want to tell me again why I'm wrong for hating Halloween itself and saying people shouldn't celebrate it, even though I never said that in the first place, Captain Comprehension? Or how about when I never said that I don't want you responding to me? I think we should hear you address that point I never made once again.
The only 180 I can see here is ... well I was hoping I would come up with something clever and witty but it didn't happen.  Suffice it to say, you got rather butthurt over it, accused me of being offended (srsly, I ain't even offended) and are now accusing me of doing a 180.  Cute.  Really cute.  Does that kind of projection take training or does it come naturally to you?
I'm butthurt too, am I? How exactly did you come up with that notio... Oh, right.