Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072223 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5925 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:19 am »
My little sister has decided that being a mom gives her the right to be a dictatorial bitch. She had another 'meltdown' a couple days ago because I wasn't helping her enough with the housework. For the record, I was doing math homework, and after I finished that I cleaned the cat box, mopped, vacuumed, made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, fed all the pets, then did my laundry. It's a small house, so that's like half of the housework. Having finished my allotted share of housework for the day I derped around the internet. What were her chores that day? Cleaning the bathroom (a fifteen minute job) and baby care, assisted by mom and our older sister. She started a ten minute tirade with "Oh my God! Maybe you don't know this but when they say having a baby changes everything they mean it!" and ended with "You never do anything around here!"

To which I wish I could have responded that I am not responsible for her pregnancy and only responsible for the baby when nobody else is available, and that she had no right to lecture the girl who always got in trouble when her sister was a lying, thieving delinquent for the past six years for 'not stopping her' or 'not helping her through a tough time' (Is that my job? No, and if I did try to get her to behave I got in trouble for upsetting or stifling her. Seriously.) about responsibility because I'd already had to deal with the consequences of her actions for the past several years, and the only thing having a baby changed is that now the only reaction I can have to her weekly 'nervous breakdowns' is stony silence, because saying anything will get me yelled at even more for being 'unsupportive'. Yes, I'm so unsupportive I drove her to her ultrasounds and continue to drive her to the pediatrician. I'm so unsupportive I helped her with the WIC paperwork, which again should have been mom/stepdad's job.

People wonder why I go out of my way to not interact with her. She does this when people don't do what she wants, even before she got pregnant. But if I point it out, I'm the bitch? Even if I point out the times she's done it to other family, friends, etc? I don't need to be ranted at like I'm in boot camp on a weekly basis just because I won't do her chores.

Link her to this video and say its an educational video about raising children.

(Its "I Lit Your Baby On Fire" by Anal Cunt.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5926 on: November 05, 2013, 11:39:39 am »
Fucking A, Feral! Your little sis cranks the whole family to her tune, doesn't she? Way too entrenched and toxic a situation. I hope you can move out someday soon, hon :(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5927 on: November 05, 2013, 01:12:00 pm »
People that buy some of the larger species of birds without thinking about their situations.

They get rehomed so much. I'm looking at this parrot rescue centre adoption page. Half of these are cockatoos. People dont think about their long lifespan, noise and massive psychological needs to be healthy

I'm not surprised people don't want to keep cockatoos, they never shut up. My nan was tricked into taking one, and it was a nightmare.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5928 on: November 05, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »
They are very attention-wanting birds.  Usually I think twice when someone offers to give me any kind of psittaciform.  Sometimes they're hand-me-down birds.  I love them, but my days of having them are over, I think.  I can like, pet, and play with other's birds just the same.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:34:01 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5929 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »
They are very attention-wanting birds.  Usually I think twice when someone offers to give me any kind of psittaciform.  Sometimes they're hand-me-down birds.  I love them, but my days of having them are over, I think.  I can like, pet, and play with other's birds just the same.
I'm like that with reptiles. I used to have a hand-me-down bearded dragon that was the most time-consuming animal I'd ever dealt with. I'll happily coo over your python/dragon/baby alligator/what have you, but you can hang on to it thank you very much.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5930 on: November 05, 2013, 11:25:37 pm »
I love reptiles with a passion, but I'm like them like I am with birds these days.  Cats are more my speed now as far as having them as pets.  Meow.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:28:42 pm by SpaceProg »

• The Beast
« Reply #5931 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:32 pm »
I always forget when I put my dinner on because my short term memory is shit.

As i'm putting my food in the oven, i'm thinking "Remember to make a note of the time this time.", then I will just forget this within seconds of closing the oven door.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5932 on: November 06, 2013, 02:10:27 pm »

As i'm putting my food in the oven, i'm thinking "Remember to make a note of the time this time.", then I will just forget this within seconds of closing the oven door.

I have this same problem.  I have a TERRIBLE short term memory.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5933 on: November 06, 2013, 02:23:15 pm »
I love reptiles with a passion, but I'm like them like I am with birds these days.  Cats are more my speed now as far as having them as pets.  Meow.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a better pet than a cat.

• The Beast
« Reply #5934 on: November 06, 2013, 02:32:21 pm »

Have you ever gotten on a bus and forgotten which one it was?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5935 on: November 06, 2013, 02:41:24 pm »

Have you ever gotten on a bus and forgotten which one it was?

That would imply I've gotten on a bus.  Ever.

...Okay, I got on a bus once.  But it's been a very long time and I was a kid then.  My point still stands.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5936 on: November 06, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »
Beyond annoyed and more like royally pissed off.

At work today, my coworker, who has only been with us for about a week, went to the counter to help the other clerk.  Now there were 3 customers at the counter; 2 old ladies and a black guy behind them.  The other clerk was helping the first old lady so my coworker asked the other if she needed anything (figuring if they were together, she'd simply help the guy behind them).

Instead, the guy pushed forward, yelling at my coworker, calling her a racist for ignoring him, and pretty much throwing a scene.  The ladies tried to calm him down, but he told them to butt out.  My coworker quickly apologized and tried to explain that she didn't want to assume the two ladies were together.  The guy cursed her out and said she'd done enough damage.

Now I didn't witness any of this; I just saw my coworker run back with tears streaming down her face and about a dozen people (including the store manager) witnessed the entire thing.

Now I don't care if she was deliberately ignoring him.  There was no reason to accuse her of racism and scream at her like he did.  That was completely uncalled for on his part.  And while he did apologize to the store manager, he never apologized to the girl he had yelled at.

I'm starting to see this more and more where I live.  People acting like complete dicks, and then accusing another people for racism when they either make a mistake that could be fixed in about 2 seconds or when they call the person on their dickish behavior.  At my store, I did witness, a few years ago, an older guy accuse another coworker of racism when she refused to give him a free cookie (that kids usually get) after catching him intimidate several other clerks into giving him free donuts.  In that case, we got a manager to throw his ass out.

I hate feeling like this, but I'm tired of the bullshit.  I don't give a fuck what your skin color, sexuality, faith (or lack of) or whatever is.  If you're nice, i'll treat you the same.  But if you're a dick, I'm treating you like shit. 

And if you call me racist, fuck you.  i'm an equal-opportunity asshole!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5937 on: November 06, 2013, 06:02:12 pm »
Unfortunately, some people look at discrimination and don't think "wow, that's terrible, that has to stop" but instead think "hey, if I claim discrimination, I can get my way!" I'm pretty sure a lot of those SJW types have the same thought process. Just remember, racism is bad, but that doesn't mean that minority individuals can't be assholes.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5938 on: November 06, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

Honestly, I couldn't think of a better pet than a cat.

Cats rock.  Heck, I may as well say I love animals in general with a passion.  Just some I'm more equipped to take care of than others.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5939 on: November 06, 2013, 06:54:03 pm »
I work at Target now as a cashier, and every day I get a few customers using WIC. This doesn't bother me, but apparently it's an invitation for other customers to generally treat someone like dirt. I had that happen today with a teenage girl & her baby (who had significantly darker skin than his mom) and one of the nastiest people I've ever met. This particular oxygen thief was an older lady in an expensive coat who snarled at me, snarled at her, snarled at the baby, spouted all sorts of racist epithets, and threw a fit when she refused to thank her for paying her taxes. The teenager was close to tears when the whole ordeal was over, and the only thing I could do was make a big show of calling her "ma'am" while refusing to address the older lady at all. I suppose that's retail, but what I'd give to be able to punch that lady in the face.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!