Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069029 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6690 on: January 25, 2014, 11:11:25 pm »
So I open up my new Anno 2070: Complete Edition PC game, which includes four DLC packs!

"Exclusive unlockable contents may only be unlocked one single time with a unique key."

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting, but what the hell? I legitimately purchase this game brand new and it won't let me install the DLC as many times as I want? I bought and now own this thing, so I should be able to do whatever non-illegal thing I want with it, shouldn't I? I don't see what this is meant to accomplish, apart from pissing off legitimate buyers.

Ironically, that decision probably just encouraged piracy.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6691 on: January 25, 2014, 11:44:15 pm »
So I open up my new Anno 2070: Complete Edition PC game, which includes four DLC packs!

"Exclusive unlockable contents may only be unlocked one single time with a unique key."

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting, but what the hell? I legitimately purchase this game brand new and it won't let me install the DLC as many times as I want? I bought and now own this thing, so I should be able to do whatever non-illegal thing I want with it, shouldn't I? I don't see what this is meant to accomplish, apart from pissing off legitimate buyers.

It's certainly encouraging it in me out of sheer spite.

/firstworldproblems
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6692 on: January 26, 2014, 01:58:55 am »
Arr matey!  Avast, ye swabs!  Prepare to be cracked and hacked!

Or something, I dunno.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6693 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:30 am »
I very nearly went into tears at work because nobody, not one god damn person, can lift a fucking finger to help.

Ironbite-usually I let shit roll off my back but this...this might be the final straw for me.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6694 on: January 26, 2014, 11:12:46 am »

It's certainly encouraging it in me out of sheer spite.

/firstworldproblems

I was especially encouraged when I opened up The Sims 3 for the first time in about 2 or 3 years and not only did EA add a bunch of new microtransactions for stuff like furniture, but thanks to Origin and doing its best to be always online it was running slower than ever before and loaded with annoying notifications.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6695 on: January 26, 2014, 12:01:41 pm »
I very nearly went into tears at work because nobody, not one god damn person, can lift a fucking finger to help.

Ironbite-usually I let shit roll off my back but this...this might be the final straw for me.

*Hugs Ibby*  I know the feeling.  Sorry you're familiar with it too.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6696 on: January 26, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »
My uncle had a friend over this weekend (I'll call him Frank) to help him completely redo his laundry room. Frank's wife is a horrible person. She never wants him to leave home and is repeatedly posting nasty comments on facebook for everyone to see. It's painful to watch. I feel so bad for the poor guy.

Oh, the latest comments.

My aunt: We've had a great time! Next time Frank comes over, we should just relax.
Frank's wife: There's not going to be a next time.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6697 on: January 26, 2014, 05:16:29 pm »
Frank's wife sounds quite abusive. Hope she can cope with being single again someday soon (I hope).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6698 on: January 26, 2014, 05:18:43 pm »
Would it be a stretch to say that most spousal abuse isn't necessarily physical, but psychological and emotional?

Which also tends to be the most under-reported abuse because there's this mentality that psychoemotional abuse isn't "real" abuse.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6699 on: January 26, 2014, 05:27:21 pm »
I don't think it's a stretch. I'm sure there are far more people who have the capacity to abuse a loved one psychologically, simply because they view it as an argument. They think they're in the clear because there's no physical violence. That or they just don't consider it. It's far easier to ignore statements you made, rather than actions you took.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:28:58 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6700 on: January 26, 2014, 05:56:52 pm »
Also, non-physical abuse is much easier for the victim to rationalize. Your husband punching you in the mouth and telling you to go get more beer? That's not something you can ignore. Someone playing passive-aggressive mind games or threatening to dump you or cry or commit suicide if you hang out with a guy they're jealous with? Not as outwardly destructive.

My ex got back together with her mentally abusive boyfriend after we broke up, and they spent over a year together. He wasn't violent, but he was a nasty asshole and despised me primarily due to jealousy. During the premier of a film I worked on, I wanted to take my ex to it. She agreed, but the day before it premiered her boyfriend began demanding that she cancel because she "wasn't allowed" to go out with me. I sent a massive rant to her, pointing out how blatantly abusive he was being. Unlike most instances of this occurring, however, she took my anger as a sign that she needed to stand up to him. We had a good time at the premier and he finally broke up with her a few months later; she took it hard, but she eventually started to see all of the signs of abuse that she had willingly ignored and got over it immediately.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6701 on: January 26, 2014, 11:37:02 pm »
It's really, really windy here.  It kind of freaks me out.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6702 on: January 26, 2014, 11:53:55 pm »
Social justice warriors on Facebook who put a whole paragraph of nasty stuff about Macklemore on someone's Facebook status, reply to my rebuttal, and then declare that they're not going to pursue the argument any more so that they end with the last word and I look like an asshole if I try to respond.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6703 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:19 am »
A bug flew into my ear and didn't want to leave. It was not a pleasant experience.
Σא

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6704 on: January 27, 2014, 12:13:28 am »
I don't think it's a stretch. I'm sure there are far more people who have the capacity to abuse a loved one psychologically, simply because they view it as an argument. They think they're in the clear because there's no physical violence. That or they just don't consider it. It's far easier to ignore statements you made, rather than actions you took.

People are also less likely to buy the "I didn't mean it that way!" argument when it comes to physical violence.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)