Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071814 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6750 on: February 02, 2014, 08:55:22 pm »
Why the fuck am I still bleeding

WHY THE FUCK AM I STILL BLEEDING

....bleeding from what?

That's the important question.
Aunt Flo is in town. I'm riding the red pony with a cotton saddle. It's Shark Week. I've fallen to the communists. There's been a massacre at the Y. It's Arts and Crafts week at panty camp.

Has it lasted for longer than a week?  If so, you may need to see a doctor.  You don't want to get iron deficiency.

I hate when I make a long post and then remember there's no "Save Draft" function on this forum when I want to leave and edit or look over the post at a later time (unless there's an option to turn it on somewhere in the settings?).

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6751 on: February 03, 2014, 10:52:49 pm »
I gotta say, I really fucking hate it when my computer mouse "snags" something.  The most annoying occurrences are when it:

1. Snags the scrollbar, and I'm jumping up and down a page every time I move my mouse.
2. Snags a video's tracking bar, and I get teleported to random parts of a video I'm trying to watch.

Also, on the OS I'm using, accidentally hitting the Windows key while in fullscreen will cause a mini-command prompt to appear.  All keyboard input will suddenly stop and about the only way I'll be able to gain back response is leaving full screen and canceling out.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6752 on: February 04, 2014, 12:05:55 am »
Why the fuck am I still bleeding

....bleeding from what?

That's the important question.
Aunt Flo is in town. I'm riding the red pony with a cotton saddle. It's Shark Week. I've fallen to the communists. There's been a massacre at the Y. It's Arts and Crafts week at panty camp.

Has it lasted for longer than a week?  If so, you may need to see a doctor.  You don't want to get iron deficiency.
-snip-
It's... Day nine, which would be concerning if week-and-a-half periods were unusual for me. At least the looooong ones have milder cramps and less bloating. Still, it'd be nice to not have to wonder "aw crap did I bleed through or am I horny for no discernible reason?"
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6753 on: February 04, 2014, 12:32:43 am »
I feel ya. Not so much on the 9 day periods (mine are usually 4-5 days, bookended by a day or so of spotting), but mine's been heavier than usual this time around and it's been pretty awful. I've already ruined two pairs of underwear. :\

The worst is when you're woken up in the morning by that "bloop" sensation and have to get out of bed and do the period waddle to bathroom to avoid soaking through your PJs.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6754 on: February 04, 2014, 05:36:50 am »
I hate logging onto facebook and seeing people do all these amazing things. Going on trips, hanging out with friends.

While im stuck at home in a gigantic rut that i cant get out of
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6755 on: February 04, 2014, 05:52:43 am »
I just hate it when people use hashtags.

Also, foot cramps. Good fucking god those things are painful.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:08:49 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6756 on: February 04, 2014, 10:50:46 am »
I feel ya. Not so much on the 9 day periods (mine are usually 4-5 days, bookended by a day or so of spotting), but mine's been heavier than usual this time around and it's been pretty awful. I've already ruined two pairs of underwear. :\

The worst is when you're woken up in the morning by that "bloop" sensation and have to get out of bed and do the period waddle to bathroom to avoid soaking through your PJs.

Hm...  If the 'bloop' is what I'm assuming it is, why not get some lightweight pads or liners or something to protect from that happening to your clothes?  I mean, don't you have any feelings that tell you that 'that time' is getting close or sommat?   Sore boobs or whatever?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6757 on: February 04, 2014, 11:16:29 am »
Mellen, since you said you're post-menopausal, what exactly does a hot flash feel like?  Do you get hot like you're in a hot room, or is it hot like the heat is coming from the inside out?
It's a sudden sensation that the temperature in the place you are just shot up 20 degrees with high humidity. At it's worst; An adrenaline surge, that "uh-oh" fear surge sensation in your gut, rapid heart beat and you see specks or stars, arms and face/chest feel numb, as if just when about to faint...which sometimes does happen, too. Hot flashes also happen with some severity on occasion during menstruation, though it's rare for most women (I only had one really severe almost-passing-out hot flash while on a period).

From what I've read, the theory is that the brain gets used to using estrogen, along with other hormones and neural chemistry, as part of the virtual body temperature "thermostat" control system. When the levels of estrogen swing wildly, during a period, pregnancy or menopause, that's equivalent to signal disruption or line noise, and things go haywire for a bit. During menopause, it just takes a while for the virtual thermostat to work reliably without the estrogen component, almost a "learning" process.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6758 on: February 04, 2014, 11:17:17 am »

Hm...  If the 'bloop' is what I'm assuming it is, why not get some lightweight pads or liners or something to protect from that happening to your clothes?  I mean, don't you have any feelings that tell you that 'that time' is getting close or sommat?   Sore boobs or whatever?

"Bloop" = period blood being forced out of the vagina. It's a very distinct, unpleasant sensation. The closest comparison I can think of is blowing a snot bubble out of your nose. It's also one of the reasons I prefer tampons over pads.

The ruined clothing this time around was due to my period being heavier than usual, thus throwing off my estimations of how long I can go between changing tampons to avoid over-saturation. A "surprise" period had nothing to do with it (like I said, I get light spotting plus other symptoms to warn me that the rapids are coming). Even with panty liners and light pads, leaks can still do major damage to your clothing because of the way the blood is pushed up and outwards through the vulva & pads/liners tending to bunch up in weird ways (unless you can find a pair of underwear that forms 100% to the shape of your body). If you feel a particularly big "bloop", you have no choice but to get up and waddle your ass to the bathroom, lest you end up with a bloody mess all over your crotch and thighs.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6759 on: February 04, 2014, 11:37:11 am »
TMI period snark:
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6760 on: February 04, 2014, 11:47:43 am »
Well... I guess it's called "The Curse" for a reason...

I automatically assume women wear pads mainly because I grew up in a 'pads only' household.  My aunt and mother both thought that tampons were bad for your health.  *Shrugs* 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:49:16 am by The Doctor »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6761 on: February 04, 2014, 12:33:19 pm »
The problem with pads is that they're basically immpossible to forget about, unless you're in the same position for a long time. Plus, the cheap ones tend to chafe (which is exactly as fun as it sounds). My flow is so heavy that some days I'm forced to use pads just to get anything done, but I definitely prefer tampons. (I'd actually prefer a menstrual cup or a hysterectomy, but neither of those are within my price range right now.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6762 on: February 04, 2014, 01:05:02 pm »
One of my project group members has repeatedly said she's bad about checking her school email. And it's obvious, because she has never responded to group emails I've sent about important project details. So if you know you're bad about it, why don't you do something to fix it? Is it really that hard to sit down once a day and check the damn thing? If you forget, set a fucking alarm. Seriously, checking your email should not be this big a deal.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6763 on: February 04, 2014, 04:50:24 pm »
TMI period snark:
(click to show/hide)

You're 70? :O
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #6764 on: February 04, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »
The problem with pads is that they're basically immpossible to forget about, unless you're in the same position for a long time. Plus, the cheap ones tend to chafe (which is exactly as fun as it sounds). My flow is so heavy that some days I'm forced to use pads just to get anything done, but I definitely prefer tampons. (I'd actually prefer a menstrual cup or a hysterectomy, but neither of those are within my price range right now.)

I wish I could use tampons. I've tried to use them several times, but I just end up getting really stressed out, because I can't put them in. It's really annoying, because they seem a lot more hygienic, and the thing I hate most about periods is feeling unclean all the time.

My periods last about seven days, and are quite heavy at the beginning.

Spoilered for TMI
(click to show/hide)

I've thought about getting a IUS, just because it might give me lighter periods, but you have to have a  nurse put it inside you and i'd be too embarrassed.

There's also something incredibly depressing about the idea of only having medical people seeing me there.