Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077239 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6915 on: February 27, 2014, 09:57:44 am »
@Feral Dog:  Jesus, bro, that blows major chunks, I'm sorry.  Nobody should be forced to deal with someone else's infant unless its in their job description.

Something about people I've found that pisses me off: "complex" people.  You know, the kind of person that will say "I want a ham sandwich" and expect you to intrinsically know that they're really saying "I'm sad."  The kind of person who, when confronted with their blatant fuckery, insists that they're merely "a complicated person" and that you "just can't understand them."  Fuck you.  I didn't grow up in Ass Backwards Town where "blue" equals fucking "coconut."  If you want me to do something, fucking come out and say it, asshole.  Don't make some comment that's completely un-fucking-related and expect me to pick up on the, again, completely unrelated subtext.  I shouldn't have to run your words thru a damned DOD standard decryption algorithm just to understand what you're actually trying to say.  Is it really so much to ask for people to actually say what they mean?  Is this just my 20 years of social ineptitude, once again, showing its ugly face?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6916 on: February 27, 2014, 12:57:33 pm »
I hate when people on your FB news feed only ever post shit like where/what they're eating, internet meme's or some other vacuous bullshit and always get a book's worth of comments and 50+ "likes" but when you post something of substance that is important and actually matters and nobody gives a fuck.  Perhaps I should stick to posting cat gifs.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #6917 on: February 27, 2014, 02:58:44 pm »
I'm staying at my uncle's apartment because I couldn't get home from work this morning because all the roads were (and are) closed. This would be fine if it weren't for the impromptu rock concert next door. I need sleep, I'm supposed to work tonight. Loud guitar amp + heavy distortion + mediocre playing + thin apartment walls = a very grumpy Random.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6918 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:28 pm »
Shows that try to cram deep relationships into the last season
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6919 on: February 28, 2014, 01:12:40 am »
My daughter somehow managed to reach my glasses on a high shelf and she immediately broke them.

Now I'm going to have to call the insurance company, but I think it is still going to cost me a lot to get new glasses.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6920 on: February 28, 2014, 01:42:35 am »
She broke the lenses? Asking because if not, I've had good results fixing frames before, and could walk you through it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6921 on: February 28, 2014, 02:16:12 am »
Shows that try to cram deep relationships into the last season

Worf/Troi, Bashir/Ezri, and Chakotay/Seven all come to mind, although the last one managed to ruin both of the most popular pairings in Voyager and be a last-minute relationship as well.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6922 on: February 28, 2014, 06:37:41 am »
Accidentally stepping on cockroaches with bare feet. That's one of the the worst things ever.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6923 on: February 28, 2014, 07:10:44 am »
She broke the lenses? Asking because if not, I've had good results fixing frames before, and could walk you through it.
The lenses are ok but she tore off one of the... [pause as Askold looks through dictionary and wikipedia for the words]

Thank you Merriam-Webster.

She tore off one of the temples. It was attached to the "endpice" with a hinge but the hinge got torn off from the endpiece. So it's not that the mechanical parts came off, it simply TORE off with the entire hinge coming off.

I'm not sure if glue or welding or whatever would work here best. I'll contact my insurance company on next Monday if I can't fix it myself.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #6924 on: February 28, 2014, 09:09:39 am »
Accidentally stepping on cockroaches with bare feet. That's one of the the worst things ever.

How about a slug?  To me, that's even worse.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6925 on: February 28, 2014, 01:44:57 pm »
Ok. So some (most?) of you know I have a bunch of kids. We had twins last August, so that makes 7. Anyways, I'm getting kinda tired of answering the same questions over and over. Lately it got to the point where my answer b'day depending on my mood.
How do I tell the twins apart? I named then both Rebecca.
what do I do when they both start crying? Sometimes I tell them to knock it off, sometimes I go to the bar.
Are we (insert hard core religion) or pro life?  Yeah, sure. Why the hell not.
How do I do it? I drink heavily. Or sometimes What would you have me do, put them in a box in front of Wal-Mart like an unwanted litter of puppies?
My favorite:I'm glad it's not me. Yeah, I've seen your kid. I'm glad it's not you too.

The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6926 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:00 pm »

How about a slug?  To me, that's even worse.

Ugh, seconded.  That mucus a slug puts out when its 'distressed', is hard as hell to get off.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6927 on: February 28, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »
...If you have to worry about stepping on roaches by accident, I think you have bigger problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6928 on: February 28, 2014, 03:33:24 pm »
...If you have to worry about stepping on roaches by accident, I think you have bigger problems.
It was during a late night toilet run. It was dark and I was half asleep.

The crunch it made certainly woke me up, though.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6929 on: February 28, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »
It was during a late night toilet run. It was dark and I was half asleep.

The crunch it made certainly woke me up, though.
Well, that clears things up.  I thought that maybe you needed to call an exterminator.