Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075893 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9120 on: October 01, 2015, 12:38:32 am »
It's now bindi season, which I just found out the hard way. Fuck, I hate those things.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9121 on: October 01, 2015, 03:50:17 pm »
Clients are awful. One of them just asked me to make a change to a color on the site we built for them, and it is eye-gouging. But they approved it, so now I have to push that change to production and feel like I'm ripping out my non-existent soul.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9122 on: October 01, 2015, 04:20:58 pm »
White people with "dreadlocks."  Our hair isn't a texture that can form dreadlocks. You don't look like Bob Marley with lighter skin; you look like an idiot who won't wash zir hair just so the grease will hold your shitty hair together in big lumps.

Actual dreadlocks aren't made that way at all.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9123 on: October 01, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »
I find the pains-taking, deliberate coiffure dreads on certain white folks a little annoying, too, but not so much as the overwhelming stench of patchouli those same people tend to be douse themselves with. Not trying to downplay your point, but white peoples' hair varies greatly in texture and can get matted into dreadlocks. You'll see it on crazy homeless folks who are not trying to look cool. White people with naturally curly hair can start dreadlocks in under a week just from not brushing their hair. And you don't need to be mixed race to do that. My cousin is an ethnically Scots and German, very white, freckled, curly ginger haired man. When allowed to grow long, his hair would puff out similar to an Afro, or more like a red clown wig. He let it go to dreads for a while in the seventies because he liked to go surfing all the time, and keeping long hair like his combed was impossible after all that salt water, wind, and sun bleaching.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9124 on: October 02, 2015, 02:45:24 am »
So... dreadlocks are pretty much like glorified mats that form on a long haired dog when it's not brushed regularly?

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9125 on: October 02, 2015, 09:11:19 am »
More like that can happen when either a human can't or won't brush, if their hair shaft texture and cross section shape, combined with sufficient length, gives the mass of hairs a tendency to cling and tangle together. Proper dreadlocks as we define them in the West take some effort to define into more or less even diameter locks, but it's still a natural tendency of some types of head hair to go dread. Our ancient ancestors almost assuredly did not always bother to finger groom their own or each others head hair to take out tangles, and probably dread locks were a fairly common sight everywhere.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9126 on: October 02, 2015, 11:51:46 am »
Why are people so shitty with money? It drives me insane. Now that my friend has a job he spends way too much on games (the pay-to-win type games where you can blow $200 in one transaction), cars ($500+ car payment), and food (eating out most meals). Then he has the nerve to complain about spending money. "Man, I just paid $12 for a taco." WTF? Maybe stop doing that? Also, stop trying to justify it with your "but I use coupons" bullshit, because it doesn't cancel out your many other acts of stupidity.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9127 on: October 02, 2015, 01:54:40 pm »
Goddamned Vita charger broke. Only had the thing for two weeks. What the fuck.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9128 on: October 02, 2015, 06:53:24 pm »
S'like the first charger for my old laptop.  I had the thing for less than a week, and the something inside the charger shorted out.  By the smell of things, I was lucky the fucker didn't catch fire.  Thankfully, Bust Buy were homies and gave me a replacement free of charge.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9129 on: October 02, 2015, 09:56:29 pm »
Apparently Distind is stepping down as admin of FSTDT too. I hope the site can still stay up in some form, even if it's read-only. I contributed a lot of lulzy quotes to that site.
Huh. Maybe we can finally reunite the main page and forum? Eh, a guy can dream.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9130 on: October 02, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »
Apparently Distind is stepping down as admin of FSTDT too. I hope the site can still stay up in some form, even if it's read-only. I contributed a lot of lulzy quotes to that site.
Huh. Maybe we can finally reunite the main page and forum? Eh, a guy can dream.

...I'm strangely tempted to volunteer to admin the main site. Would have a sort of poetic symmetry or something.

Not going to do it. Don't have the time, or for that matter the inclination. But it would be funny
Σא

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9131 on: October 02, 2015, 11:52:21 pm »
Interestingly, I read in Distind's post where he says that FSTDT has been declining the last few years. Almost as if cutting the forum loose may have had an effect? It would be fitting indeed if a small group of us took the old site on board.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9132 on: October 03, 2015, 12:26:00 am »
I have zero aptitude for coding, so I can't really help. But honestly I think we ought to do it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9133 on: October 03, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »
I'm up for it, if any others are.  A crew together can do more than one man alone.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9134 on: October 03, 2015, 12:53:59 pm »
God, there's still people on the Internet bitching about how "Ahmed should have been shot!1!!!!!!!The literal only reason he got recognition was because he made a clock, not a single other reason!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:11:10 pm by I am lizard »