Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072904 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9660 on: February 22, 2016, 04:20:54 am »
People keep spamming this knife ad all over the net but it really is useless.

So, when stabbing it makes a bigger wound that bleeds more? That's not helpful. No, it really isn't. If the victim will bleed to death in a few minutes, what do you think they will do in the meantime? If they aren't incapacitated already they will fight back so you will have to stab them again and again until they stop fighting. And in that scenario it does not matter whether you use this spiral dagger or a cheap Mora, hit a location that will disable the enemy or fight until they bleed out, but "minutes" is a really long time during a knife fight.

Besides, if your aim is to stab someone once and then run away it would be better that the blood stays inside the body rather than comes out through the gaping hole. The blood will cause all kinds of problems with internal bleeding but letting it out is the lesser evil.

Other problems:

a) You can't cut or slash properly and seeing as 99% of the time you use a knife for something other than stabbing motherfuckers this is a downside.
b) The handle isn't good. A perfectly round handle isn't as easy to hold as oval.
c) No added value for the price compared to cheaper knives. (Actually, a screwdriver is about as useful as a stabbing weapon.)
d) The name is a marketing trick, Jagdkommando don't really use it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9661 on: February 22, 2016, 04:25:01 am »
Seriously, outside of professionals, I have never even seen any manner of fight that lasted "minutes". Two. three at the very most, and that's start to finish, unarmed. I doubt any knife fight has lasted that long.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9662 on: February 22, 2016, 04:39:51 am »
Seriously, outside of professionals, I have never even seen any manner of fight that lasted "minutes". Two. three at the very most, and that's start to finish, unarmed. I doubt any knife fight has lasted that long.

Exactly, the bleed out time will not matter.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9663 on: February 22, 2016, 06:58:42 am »
Besides, who's going to carry that honkin' ass piece of shit around with them for self-defense?  Seriously, thing looks about as long as my forearm, its just not practical to carry, unlike a standard flip-knife, which you can keep in your pocket, or even clipped to your belt, with some of 'em.  Its also gonna be slower to attack with, given that it looks about as heavy as your average human infant, whereas a run-of-the-mill pocket knife weighs maybe a few dozen grams, at most.

0/10; all looks, no usability.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9664 on: February 22, 2016, 08:06:04 am »
You also really don't want someone to bleed to death if you are acting in self defence anyway. Imagine convincing a jury that you didn't intend to kill when you are up on murder charges. Quite honestly you are probably fucked in the head if you use a knife for self defence anyway. A knife is an offensive and not defensive weapon.

If you are really in a such a rough place that you can't rely on your fists or your penis then you are better of with a lump of wood, a bat or a baton than a knife anyway. One it is longer and gives you greater reach. Two you are less likely to accidentally kill a motherfucker so you can swing more freely. Three you are far less likely to fuck yourself up with it than you are with a knife which could fuck you up if you slip over or if you just don't know how to use it properly.

Finally in almost all cases you are better off using your words and talking through the situation or running like you've just broken out of san quentin than fighting at all.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9665 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:54 am »
Also how much do you wanna bet that hilt is hollow? (For those who don't know hollow hilts are bad for knives cause they reduce the stability.)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9666 on: February 22, 2016, 10:54:11 pm »
Personally I don't like the idea of fighting knives. It takes all kinds of specialized training to get ok enough with it to use. It's actually easier and much more effective to take two quarters to the back and trade then in on a penny roll.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9667 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:26 pm »
It's actually easier and much more effective to take two quarters to the back and trade then in on a penny roll.

I really have no idea what this means but I desperately want to know

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9668 on: February 22, 2016, 11:40:06 pm »
Take two 25c coins to the bank, exchange them for 50c worth of pennies, which are given in the form of a roll:

I don't know what the exact self-defence applications of a roll of pennies are but I know they exist
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9669 on: February 22, 2016, 11:43:44 pm »
I get it now. You can either use it in your fist to make the punches harder or put it in a footy sock and flog somebody with it.

Edit: although my preferred method of self defence would be to pull open the roll scattering pennies everywhere and to run away while they were picking them up
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:46:49 pm by davedan »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9670 on: February 22, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »
I get it now. You can either use it in your fist to make the punches harder or put it in a footy sock and flog somebody with it.

Edit: although my preferred method of self defence would be to pull open the roll scattering pennies everywhere and to run away while they were picking them up

Watch John Oliver's spiel about pennies. News crews have tried this: they scatter a hundred or a hundred and fifty pennies on the ground and film people's reactions. They just walk right by.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9671 on: February 23, 2016, 12:09:50 am »
Give that squirrel a cracker! I prefer gripped in my fist, but I've seen in the sock and cannot argue the results were satisfactory.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9672 on: February 23, 2016, 02:23:47 am »
Davedan, when I am talking about knifefights I am talking about hypotethical scenarios knowing full well that the only times when I would carry a knife for self defense would be during a war, zombie revolution or something similar (and it would mainly be a tool with the "stab a motherfucker" as a last resort when all other weapons cannot be used.)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9673 on: February 23, 2016, 02:25:42 am »
It's the year 2016 and there are men who still think "master key/shitty lock" is a clever and accurate metaphor.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9674 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:48 am »
Davedan, when I am talking about knifefights I am talking about hypotethical scenarios knowing full well that the only times when I would carry a knife for self defense would be during a war, zombie revolution or something similar (and it would mainly be a tool with the "stab a motherfucker" as a last resort when all other weapons cannot be used.)

Ok I thought you were just being a finnish person. Zombie apocalypse still better off with a bat than a knife.