Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076531 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9735 on: March 02, 2016, 12:29:23 am »
I've heard developing a crack habit is a good way to loose weight.
Personally, I prefer to tight weight.

What the hell is tight weight?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9736 on: March 02, 2016, 12:30:04 am »
I've heard developing a crack habit is a good way to loose weight.
Personally, I prefer to tight weight.

What the hell is tight weight?

Presumably, the opposite of loose weight.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9737 on: March 02, 2016, 12:46:28 am »
Ok I get it now - lose not loose. Fuck Costanza you're so funny sometimes.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9738 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:47 am »
(click to show/hide)

On a much lighter note that has nothing to do with this, is there a media player besides Windows Media that just plays the song I select from my folder and doesn't add it to a stupid playlist?

Edit: Nevermind about the media player.  I figured it out.

Woah, that is definitely not normal. I showed this to my mom - she's a nurse - and she says this is far from normal and it may be a clue that worse damage was done than is immediately visible from the onset incident.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9739 on: March 02, 2016, 01:10:20 am »
(click to show/hide)

On a much lighter note that has nothing to do with this, is there a media player besides Windows Media that just plays the song I select from my folder and doesn't add it to a stupid playlist?

Woah, that is definitely not normal. I showed this to my mom - she's a nurse - and she says this is far from normal and it may be a clue that worse damage was done than is immediately visible from the onset incident.

I'm guessing it's ulcers.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9740 on: March 02, 2016, 01:14:42 am »
My mom said its either ulcers or...er, some kind of disease with a longish name I could not memorize.

Just that it involves your insides turning into chunky salsa over time. Seriously man, somehow some way get health insurance and get to the doctor this is serious.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9741 on: March 02, 2016, 02:37:12 am »
Google's not loading. I've had to use Yahoo for the first time in over a decade.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9742 on: March 02, 2016, 09:50:10 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'm guessing it's ulcers.

Iosa, just try to get help in the emergency room at your local charity hospital. Hopefully, they will do a scan of your abdomen, and if it's "interesting" enough, nearly all areas of the country have physician-run pro bono programs where a local gastroenterologist would treat you for the tax write-off. See the hospital social worker - they may be able to get Medicaid for you. Or, the docs might find that the issue is so serious that they treat you immediately (which could include surgery), and you will be billed on a sliding scale based on income...meaning a relatively low cost billing, which you will be able to pay over a long period. Or, if you don't get on Medicaid or a pro-bono program, just stiff 'em, if you don't mind a blotch on your credit report for seven years hence. If you are quite young and unestablished financially, that is not as bad as it sounds. Having unpaid medical bills due to being indigent when you were young is not going to block you on a job application, at least not with any employer a sane person would work for.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9743 on: March 02, 2016, 01:49:10 pm »
I'm annoyed by a bunch of people I know who didn't vote. They check to see if they're registered the night before, say "whoops, I forgot", then throw their vote out the window. Great job.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9744 on: March 02, 2016, 03:49:10 pm »
And since applying for your voter registration online, and absentee voting by mail is allowed for just about anyone anywhere, double duh.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9745 on: March 02, 2016, 04:08:47 pm »
I'm annoyed by a bunch of people I know who didn't vote. They check to see if they're registered the night before, say "whoops, I forgot", then throw their vote out the window. Great job.

I expect to see several states make it harder for minorities to vote in the first presidential election since 2013's Shelby County v. Holder decision gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Voter suppression works. Maybe we'll rediscover the need for the VRA when we no longer enjoy its protections.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9746 on: March 02, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »

I expect to see several states make it harder for minorities to vote in the first presidential election since 2013's Shelby County v. Holder decision gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Voter suppression works. Maybe we'll rediscover the need for the VRA when we no longer enjoy its protections.

Well in this case, it was friends who were being lazy, which is why it pissed me off. But I agree with your assessment of the VRA. In fact, my uncle mentioned the new ID requirements in his precinct and it was alarming.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:19:49 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9747 on: March 02, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »
Someone in the FB group of an rpg setting mentioned the fact that the rulebook has mainly white men as the representative of human species (well, most of the offshoots of human species in the setting) and of the women in the book many are dressed in skimpy clothing (including the "scientist." Although I understand that a stripper is dressed sexily for her work I do think that the "performer" profession could have had a person doing something else than dancing in a strip club. And no excuse for the boob-plate armours.)

This brewed a mighty shitstorm as people like me debated that a little diversity in the art wouldn't harm anyone and might even help bring some people into the game while others complained about PC-crusaders taking over the world and how Thor used to be a guy and making him a woman (or changing the genders of the pilots in Battlestar Galactica) is a disgrace and you shouldn't do it because changing things is bad-wrong and things have to be the way they always have been.

And now people got banned from the group because of that debate (and one guy left in protest because he thought the group wasn't anti-SJ enough for his liking even though the mods took the side that wanting more diversity in artwork of a RPG is whiny bullshit or something.)

And it had seemed like such a nice group.

...Also despite all the anti-SJW talk I do here and complaining I am far too SJW for the liking of those folks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #9748 on: March 02, 2016, 06:14:14 pm »
I am reminded of that revered part in the Prose Edda where Thor smacked an alien in the face with his hammer and then got drunk with an American soldier from the future. A powerful passage.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9749 on: March 02, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »
Yeah, that book and several other hard to find ones have been on my to do list a while. I'm hoping digital editions will pop up on kindle and my local library system, too. At least Askold can snag a copy. It's a pretty good read.
Out of curiousity, I did a quick eBay search, and it seems to be available. Would the be what you've been searching for?

Art, you just made my day! That's a gorgeous 20th anniversary edition (from 2011) in mint condition. I bought it. Thank you!

No problem. When in doubt, always check eBay.

Also, if you'd rather not wait for postage, it would seem that an, ahem, unofficial e-book exists. It's not Kindle compatible, but there are plenty of free .epub to .mobi converters floating about. Just thought I'd mention it is all. Do with that information what you will.
I think I found a kindle edition...
edit: this is the same book, right? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004WY1FPE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!