Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2074839 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10125 on: July 22, 2016, 01:11:45 pm »
1. My Master of Orion 2 disk doesn't work on 64-bit winders. 
2. Steam only seems to have MoO2 as part of the collection with all of the other games.  The original I can play on Dosbox and 3 is a bag of sweaty wank.  The pack is also thirty fucking quid.

Sod that.

So I guess I need a windows 95 ISO I can install on a VM just for one game ^_^

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10126 on: July 22, 2016, 03:32:45 pm »
Try GOG. It should have MoO2 and you don't have to buy the others to get just one of them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10127 on: July 23, 2016, 12:49:53 am »
MoO 2 is not available alone but for less than 5 pounds you can get both 1 and 2. Not a bad price.

https://www.gog.com/game/master_of_orion_1_2

(I looked it up because I wanted to make sure I have it in my collection. I do. I'm happy. This just reminds me that I need to fire MoO 2 up again someday when I'm in the mood for a good strategy game and/or feel nostalgic.)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #10128 on: July 23, 2016, 01:38:10 pm »
Good spot, cheers :)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10129 on: July 23, 2016, 11:49:17 pm »
My back was stiff and sore yesterday. Today I'm having trouble walking. Worst part is I thought it would get better so I went into work. I feel not only in pain (not sure if what I'm taking is helping or not, but it freaking hurts!) but kinda useless. I can't do much lifting or reaching or stretching. Or walking.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #10130 on: July 27, 2016, 09:42:44 pm »
Health problems.  I've been craving sugar, i'm constantly tired, and omfg my hands are constantly fucking dry however much lotion i use, it's fuckdiculous.

it's been going on a few months.  finally went to the dr today.  Apparently I may have thyroid problems.  They took blood for tests, and I'm going to have a thyroid ultrasound in a few days.

i just hope it's something that can be easily treated, and not TOO damn expensive b/c money doesn't grow on trees.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10131 on: July 29, 2016, 05:02:35 am »
There's an FB page that highlights silly bureaucracy in Finland. I used to like it but recently they have gone from "look how complicated this particular thing is" to "SOSHIALISM IS EBIL AND THE GOBBERMENT SHOULD NOT AFFECT THE LIVES OF THE CITISHENS!"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10132 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:14 am »
I just finished season 3 of RWBY and everything is terrible. Everything is FUCKING terrible.

FUCK!!
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10133 on: July 30, 2016, 02:33:46 am »
...I liked the first season or RWBY but for some reason haven't managed to watch the second one yet. This is a common problem for me, I lose interest in things almost as quickly as I get massively excited about new things. My mind is weird.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10134 on: July 30, 2016, 03:07:37 am »
I just finished season 3 of RWBY and everything is terrible. Everything is FUCKING terrible.

FUCK!!
I feel your pain, oh gods do I feel your pain, hopefully Volume 4 won't kill more characters.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10135 on: July 30, 2016, 03:16:14 am »

FUCK!!
I feel your pain, oh gods do I feel your pain, hopefully Volume 4 won't kill more characters.

Consider that I roleplay as Yang.

Fuck.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10136 on: July 30, 2016, 03:19:22 am »
At least one part of one of your otp's isn't dead.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10137 on: July 30, 2016, 04:36:16 am »
At least one part of one of your otp's isn't dead.

Aye. Small miracles.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10138 on: July 30, 2016, 09:41:17 am »
Reboot laptop for updates...and the icon on my system tray for Dropbox is no longer there.  It physically takes up space in the tray and I am...assuming its working, but the icon isn't there.  What the fuck?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10139 on: July 30, 2016, 01:41:29 pm »
Fuck off with your passive aggressive, guilt trippy bullshit whenever someone gets irritated with you or, more commonly, doesn't immediately answer every inane question you have.  Sorry my coughing fit prevented me from answering your oh so important question of "do you like this kind of poptart".  You're just the most put-upon person on this earth, aren't you?

I'm not even joking; they literally pulled that "it's okay, you don't need to answer me" bullshit while I was still coughing.